Trip Report Disneyland Forever! July 2016

Hello! Welcome to another trip report by me! A little backstory...last year hubby (Brad) and I (Amy) bought Premier Passes that cover both Disneyland and WDW, we bought them in Disneyland. We have been lucky (or crazy) enough to be able to use them a lot. So as the passes were coming in on their expiration date we decided to sneak in one last trip to Disneyland, as a way to make it a complete circle of start to end on our passes. (If you are interested and haven't read them yet I've done a few trip reports this year, they are pretty rockin' if you want to go back and read them!;))

We went to Disneyland from July 24-July 29 (actually getting home on the 30th). So we left on Sunday the 24 on an afternoon flight. My husband had to work Sunday morning so we left later which is odd for us because we normally leave super early (first flight of the day) and come back on the last possible flight of the day.

As you can see the airport was pretty empty when we arrived. On our last trip to WDW we upgraded as a present to each other to first class. Apparently hubby has gotten fond of first class because he did it again for us, I'm not complaining as I like the extra room and drinks!
IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

Here's us on the plane!
IMG_2469.JPG

A little coffee and Bailey's for me and a rum and Coke for hubby!
IMG_2471.JPG

A couple of pictures out the window as we approach Los Angeles.
IMG_2472.JPG

Unfortunately, you can also see some of the wildfires in these two pictures.
IMG_2477.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG

Finally we have landed!
IMG_2482.JPG

Once we landed we had to get to Disneyland. For the second time, we hired a Lansky car service. Their service is excellent. We did not plan to go anywhere other than Disneyland so we didn't want to rent a car so this was a good option for us. I don't like that all the car rentals are off site at the airport it just seems to take forever to get going. I like that the driver meets us at baggage claim and is parked close by. Plus it is nice not to have to worry about driving and traffic. We also made a quick stop at a Target to get some water, seltzers, soda and light snacks for the time we were there.

I'm going to add some tags quick to some of the people I have seen following my trip reports before. I know I will forget some people, but everyone is welcome! @figmentfan423 @Gabe1 @Songbird76 @PacNWTigger @fractal @PUSH @JenniferS @BuddyThomas @MinnieM123 @MouseDreaming @MOXOMUMD @donaldtoo @betty rose

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just some pictures while waiting for the show, not that we had a long wait only 15 minutes. Unlike our wait for New Years (we rolled up 5 minutes before midnight...)
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

And a couple pictures of the show and after. Like I mentioned before, the projections weren't clear so I didn't waste a lot of time trying to get a decent shot.
IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

Then we had some time before the park closed so we meandered over to Toy Story for a spin before leaving for the night.
IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

We took some time to relax on a bench before leaving the Paradise Pier area. You'd think that these cute benches would be comfortable, but not really. The sitting area wasn't really wide and the back part curved a little. I felt a little bad because on the bench nearby (you can see) is a bag of souvenirs with some swords and shields and a hat someone forgot. I don't know how they forgot them but then again I found someone's iPad on a bench in Disneyland the next night (I turned that in right away to a nearby cast member).
IMG_1501.JPG

The view from the bench.
IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some more Paradise Pier area shots...
IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

As we were leaving World of Color was just starting. My walk slowed down to a crawl, but Brad didn't fall for my shennanigans. He was tired and ready to go back to the hotel. Had I been solo, I would have ponied up to a rail somewhere and watched it again. But he did indulge my photo taking in the Buena Vista Street area.
IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

mikenatcity1

Some more of Buena Vista Street....
View attachment 158438

View attachment 158440

View attachment 158441

Ok, I'm out for the night here. But after that pesky work thing tomorrow that is now taking up 8+ hours of my day I'll post some more of our next day with a return to Disneyland and maybe a visit to Trader Sams!

Love the pictures afterwards! I'm usually being funneled out so quick and with a crowd! It's awesome you got to do Toy Story after! If it weren't for the fact the park closes 15 minutes before WOC in a couple weeks, I'd do that!

Seeing the projections made me smile- thinking of Forever Young playing after Celebrate

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the pictures afterwards! I'm usually being funneled out so quick and with a crowd! It's awesome you got to do Toy Story after! If it weren't for the fact the park closes 15 minutes before WOC in a couple weeks, I'd do that!

Seeing the projections made me smile- thinking of Forever Young playing after Celebrate

We always stay at the end of World of Color, we just move over to the side and let the fray pass. The extra fountains at the end are a treat.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I also like the Slinky dog float a lot, it reminds me of the Slinky dog ride from Disneyland Paris. I think it is cute.
View attachment 157656

View attachment 157657

View attachment 157658

Then it was time for the creepy dancers before the Beauty and the Beast float. I think they are meant to look elegant but to me they look like creepy princess ghosts.
View attachment 157659

View attachment 157660

Then it is time for Mickey and pals! I always have a tough time getting decent pictures of them because they are moving fast. I could get a better camera, but those are bigger and heavier to carry.
View attachment 157661

View attachment 157662

View attachment 157663
I also love the whirly thing at the end of Mickey's float, I could stare at this thing all day. The way it twirls is very mesmerizing.
View attachment 157664

View attachment 157665
Wow! PTN has a very different "feel" to it, compared to MSEP or the incomparable Spectro.

It feels very modern, rather than traditional.

As for daytime parades, I've never watched one at MK, but am determined to catch FoF this trip.

I will have to trick Hubby into it, so cross your fingers for me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow! PTN has a very different "feel" to it, compared to MSEP or the incomparable Spectro.

It feels very modern, rather than traditional.

As for daytime parades, I've never watched one at MK, but am determined to catch FoF this trip.

I will have to trick Hubby into it, so cross your fingers for me.

Yes PTN is more modern. The soundtrack is very pop. You should You Tube it sometime. I love the parade and song. Good luck with seeing FoF, maybe you could just happen to be walking by the parade route near the time it is going to start and then you might as well stop and see it! ;)

Like what? Coke and rum?

Funny! He does like mango drinks too. But guess what is is drinking now..... coke (no rum) :jawdrop::)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back to the report....to our 4th day (3rd full day)
Back to Disneyland this morning, and as usually I'm waiting with excitement at the gate!
IMG_1542.JPG

So we made it to the rope drop at the hub and I just took some random pictures while waiting.
IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

At rope drop we headed for Peter Pan as did lots of others. There ended up being a jam up in the castle and we were stuck in there because the cast members had the queue roped off. Once they finally opened it there was a surge of people, but our wait ended up being 15 minutes.

Looking into Fantasyland from the castle
IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

After Peter we went on to do most of the other Fantasyland attractions. Including our tradition of riding the carousel and getting a picture of us every time.
IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another trip on the Matterhorn.
IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

Then a spin on it's a small world.
IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

Then we went over to Toontown. I went on Roger Rabbit it was a walk on while Brad waited. He doesn't care for the spinning of the ride. I let him have the camera and he took some fun pictures. He likes to play around with the fish eye setting so some of the pictures here are from that setting. I think it works well for Toontown because it makes it look more cartoony.
IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Continuing on with Toontown
IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Once I finally found Brad (Toontown was basically empty, and yet I couldn't see him anywhere!) after I was done with Roger we went to meet some old friends.

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

And of course I had to have my eyes closed for this! :rolleyes:
IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

We wandered down to Main Street and we were a little hungry so we went to the Jolly Holiday and shared a piece of the flourless chocolate cake. Yum!
IMG_1678.JPG

We were going to ride one of the Main Street vehicles but we had just missed them in the hub so we thought we would just walk down and later ride one. Brad wanted to be on Main Street to watch the Dapper Dans.

As we were walking the Main Street vehicles stopped and weren't moving anymore, it was strange because the street was clear so they weren't waiting for people to move. Hmmmm, strange what was going on?
IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

So what was going on? You'll just have to wait and see!:D

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So as we stop to look around and figure out what is happening on Main Street we hear someone mention something about bees. And that makes sense that they would not let the horse down Main Street. So we are just thinking it si a few bees, maybe hovering over something that was spilled on the pavements well that was wrong....

People being rerouted to the other side of Main Street
IMG_1683.JPG

I had wanted to meet Chef Oscar when we ate at the Carnation Cafe but he never came around our table, so I took the chance today when he was greeting people in front of the restaurant.
IMG_1684.JPG

So before I got to what the commotion on MS was we had travelled to Main Street to see the Dapper Dans. Because of what was going on outside the Dans travelled through the shops since it was all inside. We traveled and chatted with them, and it was like we had our our private concert. My husband loves the Dapper Dans (you can see he has a Dapper Dnas inspired tee shirt on), so he was in HEAVEN!

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG

So you may be wondering what about the commotion outside! So as the Dapper Dans finished their set we began chatting with a cashier at the store. She mentioned that there was a swarm of bees out in a tree and that closed down the street. She said there was a couple thousand in the swarm and she was surprised that no one saw it earlier as it takes some time for them to make the swarm and that no one got hurt. We were like a swarm of 1000+ bees! THat is crazy! She told us we could see them from the window of the store so we let her take us over there to get a look and this is what we saw in the tree. It was really cool but I'm glad I didn't discover them!

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

With seeing that it was time to head out for our lunch spot....Trader Sam's!!!! Tiki drinks for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom