Disneyland 1991 - Vol. III

If it is just the muppet ride @Disney-Universal Fanboy, I will be glad to help. I just have a lot of projects going on with the space mountain concept art, the nighttime parade and firework show for magic kingdom, and my 5th park. With all of these projects I am just very busy but I will help out.
Great to hear that! Maybe in out DCA, a whole muppets courtyard miniland could be included!
IMG_0307.jpeg

The Land underneath The real DCA (which is WESTCOT) is this timelines DCA! Hollywoodland there is fully vitalized instead of the cheap, boring flats we got irl.

WaltWiz1901

Ok, the Pooh bear water ride is a good idea, but it’s a little too massive to fit in, I would do hunny hunt from Tokyo.
The water-based Pooh ride wouldn't have been too size-prohibitive. For scale, an early layout of a renovated TDL!Fantasyland from circa 1997, before the project was cut down to just Hunny Hunt and the Alice restaurant/relocated flat ride bundle (originally, this bundle would have been themed to Dumbo instead):
1 Overview Tokyo Lonon Sq (0) plan.png

And honestly, I'm gonna spit out a hot take and say that putting in a PHH clone, while it certainly would be nice, isn't the only option available to improve upon what's already in Disneyland. Truth be told, failing my pick for a mild "honey pot raft" ride, even a more intimate, more artfully crafted busbar (more like the Magic Kingdom/Hong Kong/Shanghai Pooh's) would be an improvement

The water-based Pooh ride wouldn't have been too size-prohibitive. For scale, an early layout of a renovated TDL!Fantasyland from circa 1997, before the project was cut down to just Hunny Hunt and the Alice restaurant/relocated flat ride bundle (originally, this bundle would have been themed to Dumbo instead):
1 Overview Tokyo Lonon Sq (0) plan.png

And honestly, I'm gonna spit out a hot take and say that putting in a PHH clone, while it certainly would be nice, isn't the only option available to improve upon what's already in Disneyland. Truth be told, failing my pick for a mild "honey pot raft" ride, even a more intimate, more artfully crafted busbar (more like the Magic Kingdom/Hong Kong/Shanghai Pooh's) would be an improvement
Nice map of Tokyo’s first new fantasyland! We could do a Hundred acre wood miniland in Fantasyland or do a full-fledged land like park lore did for their buildout of magic kingdom over at WDW:
IMG_0258.jpeg

Also, continuing the topic of Tokyo, I think it would be cool if we did a mirror version of that resort. for parks, we need:

1. Tokyo Disneyland
  2. Tokyo DisneySea
  3. Tokyo DisneySky ( @D Hulk insperation, if I will)
  4. Tokyo DisneyEarth ( Why has’t any discussion of this ever been done?)

WaltWiz1901

I think the TDR is fine with just the two parks it already has. They've proven to be attendance juggernauts and - unlike everywhere else with a second gate (or more) - their second gate is actually pretty built-out the way it is (save one spot). If most of the detrimentally left alone '83 elements of TDL were refurbished (like most of old Fantasyland and all of Tomorrowland, to match the new Space Mountain), I'd be okay with that, but there's not that much to change otherwise.

DisneyEarth, though...now there's a good park name...and an idea

cdunlap

OK, where do I put my WESTCOT?
(Before we begin, in this universe Tibet and China are on good terms and nothing bad happens in the Middle East.)

WESTCOT is a shopping complex themed to the different regions of the world with boat rides, hotels, shops, restaurants, and walkthroughs that are themed accordingly. It is open 24/7 including days when the rest of Disneyland is not open. WESTCOT, much like the park it's based on, seeks to educate by way of direct engagement with other cultures.

THE AMERICAS:

The Americas is a celebration of the indigenous cultures, nature, and the rich, vibrant history of North and South America.

🇨🇦Canada (Haida Totem Poles and Haida Art painted on Plank Houses and The Raven Tales Potlatch, a Mystery Lodge show held in a Kwakiutl “big house” exploring Pacific Northwest Native American Raven Tales from the Kwakiutl, Tlingit, Nootka, Salish, and Haida nations.)

🇺🇸United States (Explorable Lakota village, New England Waterfront Shopping Area, Pocahontas Island interactive walkthroughs/canoe ride, Cliff Pueblo Maze, French Quarter Shopping Street, and Ghost Ship and Mysterious Manor walkthroughs in New England Waterfront. Pocahontas and John Smith meet guests on Pocahontas Island.)

🇲🇽🇧🇿🇬🇹🇭🇳🇳🇮🇸🇻🇵🇦🇨🇷Central America (FIESTA Cultural Experience, Day Of The Dead Market, Tenochtitlan guided interactive experience, Panama Canal boat ride, Costa Rica greenhouse, Casa Mexicana Hotel, Guatemala clothing shop, and Mayan Coast Water Park. Panchito meets guests in a Mission near FIESTA.)

🇨🇺Cuba (Cuban Nature walkthrough animal/plant exhibit and Old Havana shopping street.)

🇵🇷Puerto Rico (Puerto Rican folk band on a stage themed to the fort in San Juan)

🇨🇴Colombia (Boat ride taking guests through the Chibcha civilization ending in the lost city of Manoa/El Dorado)

🇧🇷Brazil (Amazon Rainforest trail, Reptile Room reptile exhibit, Amazon River boat ride, and Samba City walkthrough. Jose Carioca meets guests near Samba City.)

🇵🇪Peru (Explorable Machu Picchu replica with interactive elements and zipline over the Nazca Lines)

EUROPE:

Europe is a celebration of the cultural differences that can be found on one continent and how they are shaped by history and geography.

🇩🇰🇸🇪🇮🇸🇳🇴 🇫🇮Scandinavia (Swedish Winter Market, Tivoli Gardens walkthrough, Akershus Castle restaurant, Norse Mythology/Trolls walkthrough inside of a giant Ash tree, Sami village, and Iceland boat ride)

🇮🇪Ireland (An Irish Pub and Irish Legends walkthrough within an Irish castle)

🇬🇧UK (Victorian London shops and restaurants near a Hampton Court walkthrough with maze. Peter Pan, the Mad Hatter, Alice, Winnie, Tigger, Piglet, and Merlin meet guests near Hampton Court)

🇫🇷France (Paris Shops and Cafes, Notre Dame walkthrough telling the story of Quasimodo, Versailles Palace restaurant, and Provence fields walkthrough. Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Frollo, Phoebus, Cinderella, Lady Tremaine, the Stepsisters, Toulouse, Marie, Berlioz, Belle, and Gaston meet guests near Notre Dame.)

🇩🇪Germany (Bavarian castle restaurant near a Bavarian shopping village and Rhine River Cruise boat ride. Snow White, the Prince, the 7 Dwarves, and the Wicked Queen meet guests at the castle.)

🇷🇴Romania (Transylvania dark ride taking guests through the castles, forts, and medieval cities of the Transylvania region with an emphasis on local history and culture located near a Romanian shopping village.)

🇷🇺Russia (Russian Ballet show, Red Square shopping area, St. Basil's Cathedral, and Hermitage Palace restaurant)

🇮🇹Italy (Venice area with Venetian Hotel, canals, shops, and restaurants with a Pompeii walkthrough and a Marco Polo dark ride that unloads in the Asian Garden. Gepetto, Pinocchio, Stromboli, Longfellow, and Gideon meet guests in the Venetian square.)

🇬🇷Greece (Greek Temple walkthrough and Santorini shopping village. Hercules and Meg meet guests near the temple.)

🇪🇸Spain (Moorish/Antonio Gaudi styled shopping and dining street with a walkthrough based on the Alhambra and a Flamenco dance show that educates guests about the Cale Romani culture)

AFRICA:

Africa is a celebration of the vibrant tapestry of culture that is Africa and its history/cultures.

🇲🇦Morocco (Moroccan Souk, restaurant with interactive dance show, and Casbah walkthrough.)

🇪🇬Egypt (Temple Of Thoth, Great Pyramid, Sphinx, and Forbidden Tomb Walkthroughs and Nile River Cruise boat ride.)

🇿🇼🇬🇭🇲🇱🇲🇬🇲🇿🇿🇦🇪🇹🇹🇿🇰🇪Subsaharan Africa (Treehouse observation deck on a fake Baobab tree, walkthrough Zimbabwean ruins, Mozambican Butterfly Sanctuary, Malagasy Lemur Exhibit, replica of the Great Mosque Of Djenne holding a Dogon Dance Show, Ethiopian Street Market, Asante Gold Exhibit in an Asante palace, an interactive West African dance show, African Lodge Hotel, Mount Kilimanjaro replica, Maasai Village, and South African Desert Cave Walkthrough. Simba, Timon, Pumbaa, and Rafiki meet guests near Mount Kilimanjaro.)

THE MIDDLE EAST:

The Middle East is a celebration of the Islamic and Non-Islamic cultures of the Middle East and how they managed to survive in the desert.

🇹🇷Turkey (Istanbul Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia walkthrough, Cappadocia Cave Dwelling walkthrough, and Ottoman Palace restaurant)

🇮🇱Israel (Rivers Of Eden boat ride, Dead Sea Caves walkthrough based on the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and Old Jerusalem marketplace)

🇮🇶Iraq (Babylon area with a Ziggurat holding an Epic Of Gilgamesh walkthrough, Babylonian Marketplace, and Hanging Gardens restaurant)

🇯🇴Jordan (Petra replica holding an interactive Last Crusade themed walkthrough attraction taking guests through the story of the film as if they were a main character who followed Indy the whole way. Indiana Jones meets guests near Petra.)

🇸🇦Saudi Arabia (Arabian Oryx exhibit, Arabian Hotel, and Souq al-Saudi marketplace. Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, and Jafar meet guests in the Souq)

ASIA:

Asia is a celebration of the cultures of Asia and how they influenced each other, causing cultural similarities.

🇨🇳🇰🇷🇻🇳🇧🇹Asian Garden and Bhutan Spa Complex (Peaceful corner of park where guests can experience the Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Tibetan cultures in a garden setting or relax within facade only replicas of Bhutan's Punakha Dzong and Paro Taktsang with an interior filled with relaxing spaces with spa rooms and relaxing music playing. Guests can also walk a replica of The Great Wall Of China to view a map of China, with cities labeled, made entirely of flowers or view a Chinese Folk Dance Show, featuring Yang Ge, a Sichuan Opera face changer, and the Mongolian Bowl Dance, in a traditional Chinese theatre, visit a museum of Tibetan history in a replica of the Dalai Lama’s palace in Lhasa, take a Junk Ship ride down Vietnam's Ha Long Bay, or explore the creatures of Korean mythology in a Korean palace. Mulan, Mushu, Li Sheng, and Shan Yu meet guests on the Great Wall.)

🇯🇵Japan (Edo period shopping street where guests can buy traditional Japanese food and objects along with a viewing of a show in a Bunraku puppet theater.)

🇳🇵Nepal (Mount Everest Museum within a replica Everest near a Himalayan shopping village)

🇮🇳India (Mughal Palace Restaurant with influences from Jaipur and Taj Mahal, Hindu Temple Gopuram holding Garuda and Naga walkthrough, and Indian Street Market. Baloo and King Louis meet guests at the Hindu Temple Gopuram)

🇱🇰Sri Lanka (Teahouse serving Sri Lankan teas)

🇹🇭Thailand (Floating Market selling common ingredients in Thai cuisine, Bangkok shopping street, and Asian Hotel)

🇰🇭Cambodia (Khmer ruins walkthrough based on Angkor Wat near a Khmer shopping village)

🇲🇾🇮🇩The Spice Islands (Wayang Kulit puppet show, Borneo Rainforest animal exhibit, Indonesia Boat Ride, and Borobudur Temple Walkthrough)

🇵🇭The Philippines (Restaurant where guests can try Filipino desserts built in the Colonial architectural style of The Philippines)

AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA:

Australia and Oceania is a celebration of the rich and diverse indigenous cultures of the islands that make up Australia and Oceania.

🇦🇺Australia (Spirits of Uluru Walkthrough and Dreamtime walkthrough. The mice from The Rescuers meet guests near Uluru.)

🇳🇿New Zealand (Māori Village with shops, restaurants, and attractions, including walkthroughs and boat rides)

🇵🇫🇵🇼🇫🇲🇼🇸🇳🇨🇵🇬The Islands (French Polynesia coral reef exhibit and island boat ride, Palau jellyfish exhibit, Micronesian Ruins walkthrough, Samoan village, New Caledonia forest walkthrough, Polynesian Hotel, and Papua New Guinea tribal mask museum)

ANTARCTICA:

Antarctica is a celebration of the animals that live in a barren, cold, and unforgiving environment.

🇦🇶Antarctica (Penguin Boat Ride)

THE CENTRAL ISLAND:

Spaceship Earth (Located at the center of the lake. Holds FutureQuest, a DisneyQuest/1990s Future World hybrid.)

cdunlap

GET AS MANY PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD! WE NEED TO HAVE THIS FINALLIZED!!!!!
Here’s my plan, feel free to tell me if y'all want anything changed:

Disneyland Park (I don’t see us changing much here)
IMG_3263.jpeg

WESTCOT Showcase (A seasonal attraction operating from Thanksgiving to the end of the Lunar New Year due to a theme revolving around celebrating winter holidays, such as Christmas and the New Year)
IMG_3266.jpeg

Disney's California Adventure (Your version seems to be the best version to use, but we'll need to replace Avengers and Pixar with some other lands to be period appropriate to the 1990s because Disney doesn't own those yet.)
IMG_3264.jpeg

DisneySea Water Park (A water park that’s based on the old DisneySea concept)
IMG_3265.jpeg

Disney's Vista Mythica (A park themed to world mythology)
IMG_3262.jpeg
Pleasure Island (The popular nightclub district of Walt Disney World brought over to Disneyland)
IMG_3267.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom