Disneyland 1991 - Vol. III

I linked together all the lands all good and proper but I never finished Galaxy's Edge or Toontown. Didn't know whether to keep them or not.
SW:GE and Toontown both are good lands, but just really don’t fit Disneyland as a whole, and probably should be relocated (Toontown in DCA, Galaxy’s Edge somewhere else, third park?), A land continuing the theme of the Rivers Of America would be nice to replace SW:GE, and a villains/circus land could replace Toontown

Also, how about we have the WESTCOT Center concept happen and also include the Port Disney Concept? I also think we should leave Knotts alone, cool idea to have it included in Disneyland, but I think they should just still be owned by whoever owns them ( Ceder Fair?)

So here is my plan:
IMG_0307.jpeg

The land surrounded by the white is the Disneyland Resort. I think here is the ideas I have:

1. Disneyland U.S.A. (Obvious not to include it
  2. WESTCOT Center (where DCA is)
  3. Esplanade/Downtown Disney District (Probably should keep the current DDD theme and expand it, Maybe the the cancelled 4th Hotel could be included?)
  4. Hotel District (Where the Pacific/Paradise Pier/Pixar Place Hotel and Disneyland Hotel is. We should also include The Fantasy Lagoon)
  5. Parking Structures ( Below Disneyland U.S.A. In the picture)
  6. 3rd Gate (DisneySea Park or Studios park, maybe both? But that would be WAY TOO MANY THEME PARKS in one tiny location)
  7. Buildings Behind Pixar Pier (Unknown what to do with them.)
Also, What DCA rides are we going to include since it doesn’t open here. Past and Present rides, anyone?

Earlie the Pearlie

So here is my plan:View attachment 770516
The land surrounded by the white is the Disneyland Resort. I think here is the ideas I have:

1. Disneyland U.S.A. (Obvious not to include it
  2. WESTCOT Center (where DCA is)
  3. Esplanade/Downtown Disney District (Probably should keep the current DDD theme and expand it, Maybe the the cancelled 4th Hotel could be included?)
  4. Hotel District (Where the Pacific/Paradise Pier/Pixar Place Hotel and Disneyland Hotel is. We should also include The Fantasy Lagoon)
  5. Parking Structures ( Below Disneyland U.S.A. In the picture)
  6. 3rd Gate (DisneySea Park or Studios park, maybe both? But that would be WAY TOO MANY THEME PARKS in one tiny location)
  7. Buildings Behind Pixar Pier (Unknown what to do with them.)
Also, What DCA rides are we going to include since it doesn’t open here. Past and Present rides, anyone?
I move for Soarin to be incorporated into Westcot. I also think we could rework the Carland concept (not Pixar, the road trip one) into a Rivers of America expansion- heading further west.

I move for Soarin to be incorporated into Westcot. I also think we could rework the Carland concept (not Pixar, the road trip one) into a Rivers of America expansion- heading further west.
Yes, We need a long overdue Sky pavilion with Soarin’ as the main headline, we should also do Over California and Around The World in the same attraction.

But maybe if we have a studios park over a sea park, a PIXAR land could have Cars Land, just because it screams DISNEYLAND and I don’t think we could repeat that in this timeline without including it

Last edited:
I also though about some W.Alternate ideas for this resort, here they are

• Liberty Street and Edison Square are built
  • Carination Plaza Gardens remains open
  • Snow White’s Scary Adventures remains open
  • A new ride replaces Pinocchio which is relocated to the next idea on the list:
  • Dumbo’s Circusland is Built
  • Hollywoodland Is Built
  • Autopia is removed for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland Expansions
  • Tomorrowland 2055 is built
  • Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition is built
  • The Princess and The frog ride is built inbetween Pirates and Mansion instead of Splash
  • Country Bear Jamboree Remains open, even though I adore the Pooh Bear ride facade
  • Discovery Bay is Built
  • Big Thunder Ranch Remains open
  • Something Revolving around Davy Crockett and the River Pirates in added in Frontierland
  • Western River Expedition is Built alongside a new Mule pack ride
  • Main Street Electrical Parade remains the staple Nighttime Parade

Earlie the Pearlie

I also though about some W.Alternate ideas for this resort, here they are

• Liberty Street and Edison Square are built
  • Carination Plaza Gardens remains open
  • Snow White’s Scary Adventures remains open
  • A new ride replaces Pinocchio which is relocated to the next idea on the list:
  • Dumbo’s Circusland is Built
  • Hollywoodland Is Built
  • Autopia is removed for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland Expansions
  • Tomorrowland 2055 is built
  • Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition is built
  • The Princess and The frog ride is built inbetween Pirates and Mansion instead of Splash
  • Country Bear Jamboree Remains open, even though I adore the Pooh Bear ride facade
  • Discovery Bay is Built
  • Big Thunder Ranch Remains open
  • Something Revolving around Davy Crockett and the River Pirates in added in Frontierland
  • Western River Expedition is Built alongside a new Mule pack ride
  • Main Street Electrical Parade remains the staple Nighttime Parade
I like these!
Two additional/expanding ideas:
I think that Fantasia would be a good replacement for Pinocchio, with either a more frantic Sorcerer’s Apprentice concept in a more low-tech Toad/Alice vein, or a more majestic Nutcracker Suite with more elaborate sets ala Peter Pan. That way we could round out the lineup of Golden Age movies and finally get a Fantasia ride.

I also think that we should consider putting more Country Bears characters into Splash Mountain instead of the SotS characters, NOT BECAUSE I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THE THEME SPLASH MOUNTAIN ENDED UP WITH, AND I DO NOT WANT TO DRAG THIS PROJECT INTO THAT DEBATE (sorry, it’s polarizing so I just wanted to clarify) but instead because I think a fleshed-out Bear Country area would be more thematically cohesive and very nice. More pine trees would be beautiful, and some bear punny visual gags that lend themselves better to a ride than a show could be fun too. We could even call it Big Bear Mountain! (alternative timelines, ammiright?)

I like these!
Two additional/expanding ideas:
I think that Fantasia would be a good replacement for Pinocchio, with either a more frantic Sorcerer’s Apprentice concept in a more low-tech Toad/Alice vein, or a more majestic Nutcracker Suite with more elaborate sets ala Peter Pan. That way we could round out the lineup of Golden Age movies and finally get a Fantasia ride.

I also think that we should consider putting more Country Bears characters into Splash Mountain instead of the SotS characters, NOT BECAUSE I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THE THEME SPLASH MOUNTAIN ENDED UP WITH, AND I DO NOT WANT TO DRAG THIS PROJECT INTO THAT DEBATE (sorry, it’s polarizing so I just wanted to clarify) but instead because I think a fleshed-out Bear Country area would be more thematically cohesive and very nice. More pine trees would be beautiful, and some bear punny visual gags that lend themselves better to a ride than a show could be fun too. We could even call it Big Bear Mountain! (alternative timelines, ammiright?)
Fantasia would make a FANTASTIC dark ride! We could also use Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Etc.

But what about in this universe, Sone of the south’s script is rewritten after Walt revues it and ABSOLUTELY HATES IT, he fires the OG scriptwriters and hires new ones, and the controversial parts of the movie are rewritten. Back in 2006, someone made their own Brer Rabbit Movie!

WaltWiz1901

May I suggest...
  • Most, if not all, of the naturals already mentioned - Tomorrowland 2055, the Lost Expedition, WestCOT - come to fruition
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is built as a water ride as was originally planned...but not in Critter Country
  • Meanwhile, in Critter Country, the Country Bear Jamboree does come to an end thanks to shows generally having shorter shelf lives among locals versus other sorts of attractions, and it does get replaced with a dark ride...but the Country Bears remain put. That's because the space (and more) becomes home to the Critter Country 500, which IRL was pitched as a replacement for the CBJ and shafted in favor of Pooh
  • Yes to a Fantasia dark ride! In my mind, it would essentially be this proposal (but built anew, not in the place of Snow White and Pinocchio)
  • Port Disney - and thus DisneySea - garner enough resident support to get built in Long Beach

May I suggest...
  • Most, if not all, of the naturals already mentioned - Tomorrowland 2055, the Lost Expedition, WestCOT - come to fruition
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is built as a water ride as was originally planned...but not in Critter Country
  • Meanwhile, in Critter Country, the Country Bear Jamboree does come to an end thanks to shows generally having shorter shelf lives among locals versus other sorts of attractions, and it does get replaced with a dark ride...but the Country Bears remain put. That's because the space (and more) becomes home to the Critter Country 500, which IRL was pitched as a replacement for the CBJ and shafted in favor of Pooh
  • Yes to a Fantasia dark ride! In my mind, it would essentially be this proposal (but built anew, not in the place of Snow White and Pinocchio)
  • Port Disney - and thus DisneySea - garner enough resident support to get built in Long Beach
  • Of course, ALL of those projects are built with budget being much lower in this Alternate universe.
  • It would be in Fantasyland, we could use Hunny Hunt from Tokyo or use something like the Critter Country ride.
  • How about Critter Country 500 is built and becomes the Autopia of this universe. Autopia over in Tomorrowland is demolished in the Tomorrowland 2055 overhaul
  • Maybe we could use Shanghai’s pirates ride technology for a Fantasia ride? That could work really good if you ask me!
  • We should include Port Disney, but NOT in Long Beach, Disneyland shouldn’t try to be Walt Disney World.

WaltWiz1901

• It would be in Fantasyland, we could use Hunny Hunt from Tokyo or use something like the Critter Country ride.
I was moreso thinking about something like this:
1587058401753-png.464016

Fun fact: this concept art was for the Tokyo ride (a variant of which was also pitched for Disneyland), but both rides eventually diverged - TDL got its trackless fan-favorite, while DL got a cheapened version of the Magic Kingdom's traditional busbar [no thank you, Paul Pressler].

@DisneyManOne also did this take on a Pooh water ride for a hypothetical "Woods of Wonder" replacement for the MK's Toontown Fair:
  • We should include Port Disney, but NOT in Long Beach, Disneyland shouldn’t try to be Walt Disney World.
IMHO, the DisneySea concept works best when the park is near the ocean. Anything else wouldn't feel right (and eliminate a really striking vista from either the sea or the park itself)

Last edited:
Also, someone made a wiki page for their own custom Disneyland for it‘s 70th. Here are the Ideas!
(Excluding some ideas, check them out below!
IMG_0321.jpeg
  • Welcoming Ceremony ~ Something like Friendship Faire At WDW. Yes so west coast homies can have something similar.​
  • The Walt Disney Story ft. Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln ~ A Walkthough Exhibit About The Man Behind The Mouse. Walt Strted it all, maybe this or something else?​
  • Carnation Ice Cream Cafe ~ A Expanded Carnation Cafe with Serves Ice Cream. Nice Idea, We could rework the Carnation Cafe’s menu so it can serve ice cream.​
  • Plaza Pavilion ~ The Restaurant where Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe is Today, Probably Should Keep Jolly.​
  • Carnation Plaza Gardens ~ The Former Dance Space where Fantasy Faire is Today. We should keep Plaza Gardens in this timeline.​
  • Carefree Corner Restaurant and Lounge ~ Where The Plaza Point gift shop is. Nice idea, but probably not enough room. Relocation?​
  • Alpine Gardens ~ A new M&G area. We should use this.​
  • Peoplemover Thru Innerspace ~ The old Ride but with connections to Adventure thru innerspace. Maybe?​
  • Star Jets ~ Anything On top of the Rocket Tower is A Ok for me!​
  • Circlevision 360 ~ Where Buzz is today. We could use it, or use the space for something else.​
  • Walt Disney’s World Of Tomorrow ~ A omnimover showcasing Walt's vision of tomorrow. A concept like this must be in this timeline!​
  • Journey Into Imagination + ImageWorks ~ The OG version with the dreamfinder. Yes to figment in Anaheim, maybe in WESTCOT?​
  • Plectu’s Intergalactic Revue ~ The concept from Tomorrowland 2055. Since that projsct is built, yes to this.​
  • Mission To The Beyond ~ A tribute to Rocket/Flight to the moon and Mission to Mars where guest go on a cosmic voyage thru the solar system and almost get sucked into a black hole. I think something related to Mars would work better.​
  • Submarine Voyage ~ All the Finding Nemo theming is removed from the subs and the sea serpent returns. Maybe we include Nemo, the canned Atlantis retheme, or something OG?​
  • Autopia 2.0 ~ We already have the Critter Country 500. No.​
  • The Time Traveler 4D ~ Something reminiscent of the timekeeper. Would be cool, but Time Traveling feels a li’ out of place in tomorrowland.​
  • Disneyland Skyway: Small World Station ~ The OG skyway returns like a Hogwarts express type of ride. We should just keep the Skyway to Fantasyland/Tomorrowland.​
  • Motorboat Cruise Thru The Enchanted Forest ~ The infamous motor boats now travel thru the enchanted forest and encounter various mythical creatures. Since we should expand Fantasyland, we should remove the autopia land acres alongside the motorboat lake.​
  • Forbidden Caverns ~ Not as dark as you think! You plunge into the caverns of fantasyland and encounter mischievous goblins that play drums with bones. Would be cool, but kids wouldn’t get the idea. This is a no go. Nice concept though.​
  • Fire Mountain ~ * @Disney-Universal Fanboy couldn’t think of a response for this idea because he didn’t understand the placement of it*​
  • Royal Banquet Hall ~ An Eatery similar to the Hong Kong version. Not Enough space in Sleeping Beauty Castle to add this. Outside of it could work.​
  • Fantasyland Amphitheater ~ A new version of the current outdated theater. Maybe a forest version instead.​
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ~ A clone from Florida and Shanghai. We should just have the Snow White Darkride.​
  • The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh ~ Where The Village Haus/Red Rose Tavern is today, aka a relocated version of the critter country ride for a reason. Yes to putting Pooh in Fantasyland. @WaltWiz1901 ‘s water ride could work.​
  • Casa Mexicana ~ Or as it was known back it the day: Casa de Fritos. Maybe with different offerings besides fritos?​
  • Mike Fink Keelboats ~ A new version of the former ride that now has more safety applied to it so the boats won’t tip over. The keelboats should stay in this timeline.​
  • Tom Sawyer Island 2.0 ~ The island without the Pirates lair theming. I say we do Jean Laffite island instead​
  • Tahitian Terrance 2.0 ~ The former restaurant behind the tiki room. The Tropical Hideaway is much more appealing to me, let’s keep TH.​
  • Swiss Family Treehouse 2.0 ~ A new version the the former walkthough. Maybe? I really like the Adventureland treehouse, so the new treehouse is just an update for the first treehouse? No Tarzan.​
  • Country Bear Jamboree Reunion ~ A new version the former show. We have Critter Country 500, so pass.​
DCA ideas ( Because why not?)
  • Mickey’s Hollywoodland ~ Just Hollywoodland, but with Mickey Mouse theming.
  • Roger Rabbit’s CarToon Spin ~ A relocation of the ride at Disneyland. If Toontown is in our DCA, yes.
  • Ink & Paint Club ~ The dining venue from Who framed Roger Rabbit? Yes to this idea, too.
  • Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway ~ The jawdropping trackless dark ride at Disneyland. Maybe, but if we include mickeys madhouse in dumbos circus land, we might have issues.
  • Lights! Camera! Muppets! ~ A dark ride where the muppets try to film a new movie, but everything goes wrong. If this was a stage show and a west coast version of the canned muppet movie ride at Hollywood studios, this is on the table. @Muppetsfan#1, would you like to help design this with me?
  • Superhero Land ~ Just Avengers Campus on a grander scale. Nothing special.
  • Mystic Point ~ The land from Hong Kong where San Fransokyo Square is. Yes, a clone of mystic at california would be awesome!
  • Mystic Manor ~ The ride from Hong Kong. Yes.
  • Disneyland Skyway: Pixar Pier Station ~ The second stop for the new skyway. I already did this. No, keep the OG skyway instead.
  • Buzz Lighyears Space Ranger Flight ~ A suspended version of Astro blasters. Would take TONS of senose if we put buzz in Toy Story land instead of tomorrowland.
Downtown Disney District Idea cuz it’s good
  • Wreck-It-Ralph’s Classic Arcade ~ A arcade based around litwaks arcade from the movie Wreck-It-Ralph. Yes, WIR needs more representation in the parks.

Last edited:
I was moreso thinking about something like this:
1587058401753-png.464016

Fun fact: this concept art was for the Tokyo ride (a variant of which was also pitched for Disneyland), but both rides eventually diverged - TDL got its trackless fan-favorite, while DL got a cheapened version of the Magic Kingdom's traditional busbar [no thank you, Paul Pressler].

@DisneyManOne also did this take on a Pooh water ride for a hypothetical "Woods of Wonder" replacement for the MK's Toontown Fair:

IMHO, the DisneySea concept works best when the park is near the ocean. Anything else wouldn't feel right (and eliminate a really striking vista from either the sea or the park itself)
Ok, the Pooh bear water ride is a good idea, but it’s a little too massive to fit in, I would do hunny hunt from Tokyo.

Now that you said it, we should have port Disney in Long Beach. That will give us room to do a studios park, or a different version of California adventure!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
  • Mickey’s Hollywoodland ~ Just Hollywoodland, but with Mickey Mouse theming.
  • Roger Rabbit’s CarToon Spin ~ A relocation of the ride at Disneyland. If Toontown is in our DCA, yes.
  • Ink & Paint Club ~ The dining venue from Who framed Roger Rabbit? Yes to this idea, too.
Why we shall put Hollywoodland to DL to opening in 1999 instead with
* The Great Movie Ride
* Toontown Transit
* Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride
* Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers
* Superstar Television

Why we shall put Hollywoodland to DL to opening in 1999 instead with
* The Great Movie Ride
* Toontown Transit
* Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride
* Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers
Yes to the great movie ride. Such a shame it’s now gone.

The two roger rabbit rides are great concepts! Everyone wants the toontown transit ride script and maybe a wild mouse for the runaway baby buggies?

Not sure about Tracy‘s Crimestoppers. It feels like a clone of Indy, and with them being in The same park would be redundant. Tracy could be in our DCA. Also Tracy doesn’t flop In this timeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom