Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dancingtodisney

Would love to meet up with everyone before the race if we can find a good spot!

I'll have to rely on those that have been there before to pick a meeting spot!

The only thing you might be missing out on would be the virtual goody bag, but outside of the free "print" from one of the vendors (it's a postcard sized copy of what they sell) it's nothing special.

Only if the volunteer doing the check-in is very thorough when looking at ID, or if your DBF is potentially going to place and the date swap puts them in a different age group.

Check again the day or two before the expo. Or look around at the expo. It normally doesn't go live until shortly before the race, and they usually have a bank of computers in the expo area to sign up for tracking.

Thanks for all the info! I think I'll ring rundisney and find out why I'm not getting e-mails just to be sure!

I I would love to meet up! I HATE doing things on my own. We will be off Disney property this part of our trip. I think we will drive to EPCOT around 7. My husband and 2 older boys will go to the after party. I'm assuming I can take a bus from EPCOT to WWoS????

We're going to Epcot as well on the day as well but we plan to be finished up around 6pm and head back to the hotel and go from there. We will definitely meet at the race though...!

Any updates on the procedure sign ups for the New Balance sneakers?? Let's all keep an eye out, ok, great, thanks friends!

There's a sign up for the runners??? I would really love to get a pair but I thought you just got them at the expo?

Emails are linked in the runDisney website under the Runner Info tab. You haven't missed much.

I would email them about the birthdate...just to be safe.

Runner tracking links haven't been coming out until a week or less before the race. Someone will post it here. :)

Thanks! I'll go check them out. I think I will mail them and sort that out just in case! With the time difference back home (the race will start at 3am Irish time) I wonder if anyone would even want updates from us lol

I am running my first 1/2 marathon solo, and will be in corral G. I would love to meet up with people during the long wait for the start. I know I will have freaked myself out with nerves if I spend all that time until the start alone :).

I'm so excited to be doing my first 1/2 though!

Great now we just need a meeting place!

dreamfinder

There's a sign up for the runners??? I would really love to get a pair but I thought you just got them at the expo?

You do get them at the expo, however after they had 2+ hour lines initially, they started basically a FP like system (you signed up in the AM and then got called back later) and have recently switched to a FP+ like system where you preregister for a timeslot online in advance, and any remaining slots were given to people day of.

HRHPrincessAriel

I can't find where I asked before but is everything open ride wise during the after party? How are the waits? We've planned out our other days in the parks and wondering if we really need a full day in Epcot with the after party.

surfsupdon

For a few years, open rides were Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, and Gran Fiesta.

Mission Space was really the only "big ticket" ride closed. But I wouldn't want to spin after racing my brains out, lol.

The earlier you finish, the less the lines. I had a private ride on Soarin and Test Track both.

Ariel484

Any updates on the procedure sign ups for the New Balance sneakers?? Let's all keep an eye out, ok, great, thanks friends!
Here is my guess.

They are going to have a website like this one (which currently has information for the Tower of Terror 10-miler on it): http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com/

For ToT it says that people could start signing up for the virtual queue at 6AM on Friday, October 3. So I am thinking it'll be similar for Wine & Dine - sign-up for the virtual queue will be at that same webpage starting at 6AM on Friday, November 7. Use your bib number to sign up.

Again, JUST A GUESS. :)

FerretAfros

I am game for meeting up. This is my first Disney run so I am not familiar with a location.
There's a map of the staging area on p14 of the event guide PDF (sheet #24):
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/W&D14_Program_Online.pdf

From what I recall last year, the runner-only side of the area was far less crowded and would be better for meeting up, but the only real landmarks were the water table in the middle of it and the huge banks of port-a-potties around the edge. That area was open the whole time (despite the fence around it) and had plenty of room to find a spot to sit and hang out

I'd also like to meet up but I'll be with a friend and we may have another group that we need to meet up with, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop by

dreamfinder

Texas84

A thought for a meet-up: There is usually a background set up with an official photographer. Could meet near there and get a group picture. Someone can post an outfit they are wearing to help get us together. I found a marathon group when I saw the beer shirt worn by @Mad Stitch . Also need a time.

Mad Stitch

A thought for a meet-up: There is usually a background set up with an official photographer. Could meet near there and get a group picture. Someone can post an outfit they are wearing to help get us together. I found a marathon group when I saw the beer shirt worn by @Mad Stitch . Also need a time.

I still have that shirt. I was thinking about wearing it again since it would be appropriate for the W&D. What is the group of blue squares (not the one marked water) on the start line map? Maybe we could meet at the upper left corner of those.

Texas84

I still have that shirt. I was thinking about wearing it again since it would be appropriate for the W&D. What is the group of blue squares (not the one marked water) on the start line map? Maybe we could meet at the upper left corner of those.

I was wondering what those were. VIP maybe?

dancingtodisney

Sounds perfect! As for time I plan to be there early so I'm happy to meet whenever. Maybe 8.45ish, would everyone be there by then??

Banzai

LOL. DW and I will be way back in corral K! I was only able to run one horrid 10K but things are much better these days. At least, I've been able to train better after leaving that crazy commute to Bogota. That just messed up my training something fierce. Getting excited about this. It'll be fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom