Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

worldtraveler

Rough news on my end. Just rolled my ankle badly. I can barely put any weight on it. Been on the ice hard. Just when I was feeling great about my training runs. It is so swollen and black and blue. Hope it heals quick.

Texas84

Rough news on my end. Just rolled my ankle badly. I can barely put any weight on it. Been on the ice hard. Just when I was feeling great about my training runs. It is so swollen and black and blue. Hope it heals quick.

Ouch. Did you have someone look at it? If it's not bad maybe a clinic could wrap it up for you.

Mad Stitch

Suggestion: How about that spot but on the spectator side? That's going to be a busy area near the corral entrance.
I was concerned about crowds at the entertainment stage on the other side. I think we be fine since the corrals will not be open yet, plus I think the field is bigger then what the map shows. Thoughts from anyone else?

fmingo36

Does anyone know how many runners are registered for the race and how many tickets are sold to the after party? Since it's sold out, wondering how busy yo expect the park.

surfsupdon

Does anyone know how many runners are registered for the race and how many tickets are sold to the after party? Since it's sold out, wondering how busy yo expect the park.

The party is usually sold out. Epcot stays pretty empty. I was able to walk on all rides, even Soarin. Food and beverage kiosks in WS were also only a few people deep, if at all. Characters maybe had a short 5-6 mins wait. It's a great event.

I finished running by 1140, did my stuff, entered the park, and stayed till 230ish, and never felt crowded, rushed, or cramped. It was great.

FerretAfros

I was concerned about crowds at the entertainment stage on the other side. I think we be fine since the corrals will not be open yet, plus I think the field is bigger then what the map shows. Thoughts from anyone else?
I agree. The runner-only area was much more spacious than the other side last year, and we wouldn't need to worry about blocking the info table or entertainment stage. Eventually people will start heading to the corrals, but since they're so close and it's a relatively small race I don't think it will be an issue as long as everybody stays off to the side; I don't remember there being any pinch points in that field last year

Last year it was pretty empty. It was kind of tough to get into the park, since you have to wait at a course crossing in Innoventions Plaza, but there were no crowds to speak of beyond that. I don't think I waited more than a minute or two at any of the F&W booths or attractions

Texas84

Ditto @FerretAfros . Mexico and Canada/UK got a little busy but not as bad as a F&W weekend. The Mexico counter service area was real popular. Good place to get off your feet.

Texas84

Sounds good. Should we look for your beer shirt? :D

Mad Stitch

Sounds good. Should we look for your beer shirt? :D

It never said anything about beer, it only implied. I am leaning towards not wearing it again.

RnC_zpsb37d36b9.jpg

Monorail Lime

We will be running the Jingle Jungle 5K on race morning and are considering walking over to Animal Kingdom afterwards for a few more character pictures in our race outfits and medals. Our outfits will be shirts with our names on them and mouse ears which would hopefully not be considered "costumes" in the permissible sense.

Any reasons why this would not be a good idea?

FerretAfros

We will be running the Jingle Jungle 5K on race morning and are considering walking over to Animal Kingdom afterwards for a few more character pictures in our race outfits and medals. Our outfits will be shirts with our names on them and mouse ears which would hopefully not be considered "costumes" in the permissible sense.

Any reasons why this would not be a good idea?
Sounds like an old school Mousketeer outfit? I think you'll probably be fine. They seem to be pretty loose with the rules, especially during race weekends. Especially if you're still wearing your bib and medal it will be pretty clear that you're not a CM, which is the reasoning behind the rule in the first place. Worst case scenario, you could always take off the ears and you'd look pretty normal

That said, the race is at 7, and the park doesn't open until 9. Even if you have a very leisurely race, you'll have a decent wait in the parking lot before the park opens. It's a fairly small race so the corrals are released pretty quickly; I would think the last finishers would be wrapping up by 8:15 or so. Considering how long the wait is before the race, you may not want to hang around in the parking lot any longer than you have to

dancingtodisney

Any update on the new balance disney runners? The waiting list up yet?

I'm currently waiting on a bus to HS to hit up 50s Prime Time... With all these dining reservations I may need to be rolled round this course lol

fmingo36

I will be wearing running gear that matches the medal ribbon and a tutu that lights up. We also have glow in the dark shoe laces but I'm not sure if we are going to use them or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom