Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Mark P.

Are you driving? WWoS parking can be a bit of hike but with your plan it might be best if you want more AK time. The runDisney bus service can be sporadic with the charters.

We've always used WDW transportation, both to/from MCO and (combined with Uber) intra-park. Is a runDisney weekend an instance where the convenience of renting a car will be worth the added cost?

Texas84

We've always used WDW transportation, both to/from MCO and (combined with Uber) intra-park. Is a runDisney weekend an instance where the convenience of renting a car will be worth the added cost?

I don't think so. I drive to Orlando and go right to the expo, then park the car at the resort and never see it again until I go home.

Mark P.

I don't think so. I drive to Orlando and go right to the expo, then park the car at the resort and never see it again until I go home.
So the biggest benefit is to/from the Expo, if I'm reading that correctly? If that's the case, we could always just Uber, I suppose. I'm not wild about the added cost of a car rental but WDW time is precious, especially for a weekend trip! If it's truly not going to be an issue to/from Epcot for the 10K, then I'd much rather save that money to enjoy F&W...

dreamfinder

Personally, not really. But it depends on your plans. I've never had a problem with the runDisney buses for the expo, no worse than waiting for normal WDW bus. Since they don't run WWoS to park buses you will need to transfer to/from a resort, but getting to a resort from Epcot/MK doesn't take any longer than if I needed to go to my car in the parking lot. I just plan accordingly.

Mark P.

Personally, not really. But it depends on your plans. I've never had a problem with the runDisney buses for the expo, no worse than waiting for normal WDW bus. Since they don't run WWoS to park buses you will need to transfer to/from a resort, but getting to a resort from Epcot/MK doesn't take any longer than if I needed to go to my car in the parking lot. I just plan accordingly.

Thanks. I ran some napkin math and even if we used Uber everywhere (to/from MCO and intrapark for the duration of our weekend), it'll still be cheaper than a rental (that we'd also have to refuel and drop off at MCO before our 6AM flight home on Tuesday), so we'll just end up doing some combination of that + DME + resort buses.

Texas84

Thanks. I ran some napkin math and even if we used Uber everywhere (to/from MCO and intrapark for the duration of our weekend), it'll still be cheaper than a rental (that we'd also have to refuel and drop off at MCO before our 6AM flight home on Tuesday), so we'll just end up doing some combination of that + DME + resort buses.

Agree with @dreamfinder

The runDisney buses are OK, you just have to do a resort transfer if you want to go to a park after the expo. And Uber or a cab is no problem. They will drop you off right at the entrance.

Texas84

Any idea when the Half Marathon mile marker map will be posted/available for viewing? Should be any day now if similar to last year....

Official guide will be probably be middle of October. Sometimes the USATF certification gets posted early but Dark Side didn't show up until the last minute.

surfsupdon

I keep actively checking here and runDisney to see the course....running is so much easier when you know the route and understand the course.

surfsupdon

Heard something here in Paris. W&D was moved to the morning because of the extended night hours at AK. They are working on a new night race. Not a rumor. That was direct from a runDisney public announcement.

Best rumor I have ever heard in my life. Love night races at Disney. With after parties. In the dark! Get the scoop.

And, btw, is Carissa there in Paris announcing? Her social media has been very American; I expected it to be very Parisian.

Have a great race bud!!!

Texas84

Best rumor I have ever heard in my life. Love night races at Disney. With after parties. In the dark! Get the scoop.

And, btw, is Carissa there in Paris announcing? Her social media has been very American; I expected it to be very Parisian.

Have a great race bud!!!

Naw, it was two French people basically dancing around the whole time. I don't think the style of the WDW/DLR crew translates over here. :)

dreamfinder

Heard something here in Paris. W&D was moved to the morning because of the extended night hours at AK. They are working on a new night race. Not a rumor. That was direct from a runDisney public announcement.

Well that's interesting. Bet runDisney isn't terribly happy that RoL never materialized and the nighttime events have mostly been a bust.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

At AK? That would be fantastic. I was bummed to miss the last Challenge. Maybe they will have something similar.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I keep actively checking here and runDisney to see the course....running is so much easier when you know the route and understand the course.

Doesn't runDisney send an email when the guide is available? That's what I remember, but I am getting old and senile. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom