Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

fvrs7189

Two questions. I ran my first Run Disney race at Marathon weekend and am familiar with the 5k and 10k route for that weekend. First, will the new wine and dine10k in Epcot follow the traditional 10k route? Second, I see the 1/2 medal has been released, any generic time frame of when they will release pictures of the other medals?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Two questions. I ran my first Run Disney race at Marathon weekend and am familiar with the 5k and 10k route for that weekend. First, will the new wine and dine10k in Epcot follow the traditional 10k route? Second, I see the 1/2 medal has been released, any generic time frame of when they will release pictures of the other medals?

@fvrs7189, can you provide the link for the half medal? I couldn't find anything on the Disney Parks blog. Thanks!

fvrs7189

@fvrs7189, can you provide the link for the half medal? I couldn't find anything on the Disney Parks blog. Thanks!
Cnvw5QUWcAccKaX.jpg:large

dreamfinder

The 10k will most likely follow that route. I don't think they have done others since they stopped doing the Minnie Marathon.

I'd say no real time frame. They released a bunch of medal pictures in the last week or two. Some years it's been part of the hype for the event, so they come out a month or two beforehand, other years it's been a complete secret until you finish. The next expo runDisney is at may have them, they usually have a display of the medals.

thumper

So now that that Half is in the morning, I'm wondering if we still get a voucher for beer or wine at the end of the race, being that it will be early (literally a breakfast of champions)? :hilarious: Or...to redeem at the after party later in the evening? Has anyone heard?

Mad Stitch

So now that that Half is in the morning, I'm wondering if we still get a voucher for beer or wine at the end of the race, being that it will be early (literally a breakfast of champions)? :hilarious: Or...to redeem at the after party later in the evening? Has anyone heard?
The runDisney site says that participants will receive a $15 gift card. That is essentially your voucher. You can save it and use it for alcohol at the party. If your not a drinker you can use it anywhere on property for whatever you want. They do not hand out beer and wine at the finish line and haven't for years.

surfsupdon

The runDisney site says that participants will receive a $15 gift card. That is essentially your voucher. You can save it and use it for alcohol at the party. If your not a drinker you can use it anywhere on property for whatever you want. They do not hand out beer and wine at the finish line and haven't for years.

Are you sure?? I have pre race bibphotos that say "Drink Voucher." I remember often passing on that immediate drink....I remember seeing wierd individual wine in glasses too.

Hmm, wonder when it was stopped?? I can't remember a difference. Any answer?

Mad Stitch

I take that back. Now that I think back on it I may have used my drink voucher for a bottle of Coke. Beer after a race has never sounded good to me.

surfsupdon

I take that back. Now that I think back on it I may have used my drink voucher for a bottle of Coke. Beer after a race has never sounded good to me.

Exactly. I too remember the vouchers....it is a pre race tradition of mine to lay out my bib and running clothes for an Instagram picture prior to race start.

The Wine & Dine had always been the best "deal" for me....registration included the $15 voucher, drink voucher, Epcot AfterParty, and in the early years a "1Day 1 Park Ticket." Remember that?? The Tower and Everest races also included 1Day 1 Park tickets in the early years.

dreamfinder

Exactly. I too remember the vouchers....it is a pre race tradition of mine to lay out my bib and running clothes for an Instagram picture prior to race start.

The Wine & Dine had always been the best "deal" for me....registration included the $15 voucher, drink voucher, Epcot AfterParty, and in the early years a "1Day 1 Park Ticket." Remember that?? The Tower and Everest races also included 1Day 1 Park tickets in the early years.

Yeah, it started with vouchers, then I think in year 2 it changed to gift cards. But I don't think the ToT 13k ever included a park ticket. It may have been an upgrade option, but was never built into the base registration price. They did do a MNSSHP ticket for the 5K as part of the first W&D when it was held at MK though. Funny how just the 5k now costs about as much as the that did back then.

JillC LI

Yeah, it started with vouchers, then I think in year 2 it changed to gift cards. But I don't think the ToT 13k ever included a park ticket. It may have been an upgrade option, but was never built into the base registration price. They did do a MNSSHP ticket for the 5K as part of the first W&D when it was held at MK though. Funny how just the 5k now costs about as much as the that did back then.

I ran the TOT13K in its final year, and race entry included entry into the park after the race for a party only. There was no one-day park ticket included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom