Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

AUPr8Hd

The course is essentially a portion of the marathon course in reverse PLUS the usual last 4 miles of all the other half marathons that go through MK

thumper

Well, looks like a LOT of road time which his its pros and cons. I expected the Studios to be completely out of the course this year. So far from what I see....Pros: hopefully (fingers crossed) less congested vs the 2 person wide section after exiting the Studios Cons: I'm seeing around Mile 7 or 8 is near the sewage treatment plant? Praying for the wind to be blowing in the right direction that morning!

What does everyone else think?

Mad Stitch

I'm surprised that the race ends at Epcot. I was expecting a WWoS finish like the Dark Side race had so that they could get the runners away from the parks at opening.

surfsupdon

Yikes. I shudder to think of running this.

Not only were Studios completely eliminated (couldnt we run Hollywood and Sunset Blvds??!), but so were the canal run, Yacht Beach and BoardWalk. Not my favorite course so far.

And it is funny, b/c rD just put out that blog post and email about making their courses magical and maximizing theme park time. Oh, except for this one. Ha

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looks like the 10K just runs around Epcot. Not that I'm unhappy that we will be running through the woods again to get to WWoS......

Sure hope both the guide and waivers come out next week. Race weekend starts in 19 days.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yikes. I shudder to think of running this.

Not only were Studios completely eliminated (couldnt we run Hollywood and Sunset Blvds??!), but so were the canal run, Yacht Beach and BoardWalk. Not my favorite course so far.

And it is funny, b/c rD just put out that blog post and email about making their courses magical and maximizing theme park time. Oh, except for this one. Ha

I agree. Not happy with what the course looks like for the 10K. If we were able to Hollywood and Sunset for the Dark Side, why not also W&D.

Yeah, that email was useless....

Guess we will just have to wait until next week.

Texas84

Looks like the 10K just runs around Epcot. Not that I'm unhappy that we will be running through the woods again to get to WWoS......

Sure hope both the guide and waivers come out next week. Race weekend starts in 19 days.

It's the same 10K as Marathon Weekend. I really enjoyed the part through Epcot. But yeah, running around the parking lot wasn't very fun.

Texas84

Well, looks like a LOT of road time which his its pros and cons. I expected the Studios to be completely out of the course this year. So far from what I see....Pros: hopefully (fingers crossed) less congested vs the 2 person wide section after exiting the Studios Cons: I'm seeing around Mile 7 or 8 is near the sewage treatment plant? Praying for the wind to be blowing in the right direction that morning!

I'm with you. Looks like a fast course and AK in the dark is fun. Bummer that Epcot won't be open when I finish.

Texas84

2014-WDW-5K-10K-Course.png

WDWFanDave

This is my first event, and the one question that comes to mind for me has to do with when we'll be out there...seems like a lot of this is on back roads...is this well-lit? It'll be dark for most of the time we're out there, and just seems odd they would pick that kind of route.

Other than that, I'd hoped for more in-park time, but maybe it'll be different in April (or maybe not!) for the Dark Side challenge.

FNG

This is my first event, and the one question that comes to mind for me has to do with when we'll be out there...seems like a lot of this is on back roads...is this well-lit? It'll be dark for most of the time we're out there, and just seems odd they would pick that kind of route.

Other than that, I'd hoped for more in-park time, but maybe it'll be different in April (or maybe not!) for the Dark Side challenge.
From when I ran the Marathon in January, I remember that there were some big portable lights out along the course. There were some stretches that were pretty dark, but there were always people around, so I never felt unsafe or never worried about footing.

surfsupdon

What a crappy course.....

I actually really really enjoy the 10K course. World Showcase is beautiful and still in the morning, as is the Crescent Lake loop.

I am worried about the half marathon course.....it looks so desolate, sterile, and boring. Gone are the MGM loops, canal run, Yacht & Beach Clubs, Osborne Lights, and Epcot backstage.

In their place, we get Bear Pond Road. Ehhhhh.

surfsupdon

So my proof of time is 1:38 which should easily put me in Corral A with my Clif Bar Pace Leader of 1:40.

But I am in Corral B. (1:46- 1:55)

Who will I speak with at the Expo, and what is the success rate? Already have my proof printed....what else do I need?

Please help- I am devastated.

PaulaT

So my proof of time is 1:38 which should easily put me in Corral A with my Clif Bar Pace Leader of 1:40.

But I am in Corral B. (1:46- 1:55)

Who will I speak with at the Expo, and what is the success rate? Already have my proof printed....what else do I need?

Please help- I am devastated.
when/how did you get your corral placement

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom