Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Good luck with your 10K!! :)

Training is going pretty well for me so far. This week I'm starting to train for an early September half marathon and am really hoping to go under 2:10 there, so that's my main goal right now. :)

I ran a 10-miler in April and a 10K in May hoping that one of the two would bump me up a corral (from the "<2:15 corral" to the "<2:09 corral"). I just checked the Wine & Dine page and saw that the link that @AUPr8Hd posted a week or two back is "officially" live. I'd originally signed up with a 10-miler time from last year, so I went to the link and put in my time from this year (about 2 minutes faster). It updated right away and said that my unverified anticipated finish time is 2:06! I forget what the old anticipated finish time was, but it was definitely over 2:10. Frankly that's a bigger drop than I expected but I will take it - very pleased. Originally I was thinking I'd submit the time from that upcoming September half marathon if it's good but I just checked and the cut-off to update proof of time is August 1!! That's coming up super quickly! :eek:

http://trackshack.com/disneysports/proof/wd/proof.php

@Disneymom201 - glad to hear your plantar fasciitis has improved. Your "bit of pain" time for 10 miles is pretty awesome!!

Awesome. They put me at 2:05 but Brandi won't make that. Oh well.

Ariel484

Awesome. They put me at 2:05 but Brandi won't make that. Oh well.
2:05! Way to go! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting (maybe only to me) aside about proof of time - I have double- and triple-checked the Proof of Time area of the Wine & Dine site, and their FAQ section - I don't see the word "certified" anywhere, as in, "your proof of time must be from a certified race." Am I missing it somewhere, or have they changed this rule? o_O

Mad Stitch

So are they placing people in corrals based on proven time now? Didn't we think it was based on anticipated time? When we registered there was a box to submit your anticipated time and a second box to submit proven time. I just submitted my Cedar Point Half time of 2:06 and it now shows me and finishing W&D with that same time. I'm anticipating finishing the W&D in less than two hours and will be training the next four months to do so.

Edit: Here are last years corral assignments. If I were assigned based on anticipated time rather then proven time it would move me up at least one corral.

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/CorralAssignmentsWnD.pdf

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

so, if I've never run a race am I in the dead back?

Why couldn't the date have been Aug 2(a Saturday). I don't think I can do a 10k by the weekend before. I found a virtual race but I hardly think that would count.

LindsayLoves

so, if I've never run a race am I in the dead back?

Why couldn't the date have been Aug 2(a Saturday). I don't think I can do a 10k by the weekend before. I found a virtual race but I hardly think that would count.

You will be in one of the last corrals (not necessarily dead last) as there will be lots of folks who haven't submitted a proof of time. Unfortunately a virtual race will not count for your proof of time.

Ariel484

So are they placing people in corrals based on proven time now? Didn't we think it was based on anticipated time? When we registered there was a box to submit your anticipated time and a second box to submit proven time. I just submitted my Cedar Point Half time of 2:06 and it now shows me and finishing W&D with that same time. I'm anticipating finishing the W&D in less than two hours and will be training the next four months to do so.

Edit: Here are last years corral assignments. If I were assigned based on anticipated time rather then proven time it would move me up at least one corral.

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/CorralAssignmentsWnD.pdf
They must be. I didn't see a field to enter an anticipated finish time.

Kristia

Yep....I will be at 2:25. No time to do a 10k before August! I wish they would allow you to at least do one in Sept. There aren't a lot of longer distances held in the summer. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my 10 miler in May and I don't have another half until Oct.

Ariel484

Yep....I will be at 2:25. No time to do a 10k before August! I wish they would allow you to at least do one in Sept. There aren't a lot of longer distances held in the summer. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my 10 miler in May and I don't have another half until Oct.
That stinks that you can't submit a new time. But I would think 2:25 should still put you in a pretty good spot, especially with the new corralling changes. :)

dancingtodisney

Completed my 10k in 1hr13mins48secs! Delighted with that time as I'm a totally beginner! I put in my proof details and got an estimated finish of 2hr40mins so I think that puts me in the >2hrs45min corral based on last year although I see a lot of mention of recent changes. :happy:

14468678087_93462437e5_b.jpg

My sister decided to make a sneaky sprint for the line right at the end to beat us all after we'd been trying to push her along for the last 500m! That's 'Sleepy' to the left for anyone that read my last TR, me beside him and my Dad is the 4th runner. Sleepy promised me he'd buy me a race tshirt if I made it running (well jogging) to 8k with only a water stop at 5k to walk for.

I just about managed it!

10530659_10152320473068382_7342396456602170317_n.jpg

Last edited:

dancingtodisney

Good luck with your 10K!! :)

Training is going pretty well for me so far. This week I'm starting to train for an early September half marathon and am really hoping to go under 2:10 there, so that's my main goal right now. :)

I ran a 10-miler in April and a 10K in May hoping that one of the two would bump me up a corral (from the "<2:15 corral" to the "<2:09 corral"). I just checked the Wine & Dine page and saw that the link that @AUPr8Hd posted a week or two back is "officially" live. I'd originally signed up with a 10-miler time from last year, so I went to the link and put in my time from this year (about 2 minutes faster). It updated right away and said that my unverified anticipated finish time is now 2:06! I forget what the old anticipated finish time was, but it was definitely over 2:10. Frankly that's a bigger drop than I expected but I will take it - very pleased. Originally I was thinking I'd submit the time from that upcoming September half marathon if it's good but I just checked and the cut-off to update proof of time is August 1!! That's coming up super quickly! :eek:

http://trackshack.com/disneysports/proof/wd/proof.php

Under 2hrs10 would be really impressive!

You'll be quite a few corrals ahead of me that's for sure lol We were aiming to get an estimated finish time of less than 2hrs45mins so we just about managed that!

The cut off time is really early! Especially for someone only starting out like myself because I'm aiming for a lot of improvement even just between now and September.

dancingtodisney

Had a TERRIBLE half a few weeks ago. Developed plantar fasciiatis from training/running Pittsburgh marathon in May. Haven't been running much since :(. Have another half on July 20th, hoping for a better time to submit.
I'm gonna need to do some night runs before November. I always run in the mornings.

a

Oh no :( I really hope your half goes better for you this time.. Yes I much prefer to run mornings so I think I need to start doing some late night runs too... Although technically if you take the time difference into account I'd be running at 2am home time which is a very early morning run haha :p

Mad Stitch

Completed my 10k in 1hr13mins48secs! Delighted with that time as I'm a totally beginner! I put in my proof details and got an estimated finish of 2hr40mins

Interesting, I was wondering if they doubled a 10k time or double the 10k plus some additional time. It looks like they assume someone will not keep that pace for an additional 6.9 miles and add some additional time.

Ariel484

Under 2hrs10 would be really impressive!

You'll be quite a few corrals ahead of me that's for sure lol We were aiming to get an estimated finish time of less than 2hrs45mins so we just about managed that!

The cut off time is really early! Especially for someone only starting out like myself because I'm aiming for a lot of improvement even just between now and September.
Awesome job on your 10K!! :)

I am certainly not expecting to go under 2:10 at Wine & Dine. Too many character photo stops! :p

I agree that it's early! But I guess they need those weeks to go through and verify all of the submitted times.
Interesting, I was wondering if they doubled a 10k time or double the 10k plus some additional time. It looks like they assume someone will not keep that pace for an additional 6.9 miles and add some additional time.
Okay, here's another one...I entered 1:35 for a 10-miler (9:32/mile) and they have my predicted time for the half at 2:06 (9:37/mile). So not as big a difference, probably since my submitted distance is closer to the race distance, but they did add something.

a2grafix

Totally have to agree with Texas84 on this. Disney races on fun races with the opportunities to see characters, run through parks. If you are a super fast elite runner then go for breaking a record but for me running three previous Disney races, including the coast to coast challenge in 2013, it's all about the fun and escapism that is Disney.

2013-09-01_07-18-16_581.jpg

Someone even custom upgraded their Corvette into Lightning McQueen - taken during Mile 8 of 2013 Disneyland Half in Toyota Center parking lot (home of Anaheim Ducks NHL team)

Who gets the opportunity to high five Mickey or Minnie or Donald, or Pluto or Goofy at the finish line? Who gets to ride rides, attend special after parties or get a few gift card for the food festival to nosh on after the race? That's the icing on the cake, not the time. If i finish in the window I'm good, and I finished with two decent Disney times.

There are other half marathons that I can focus on my PR times and did so in December 2013 and January 2014. I blew out both my Disney half times by 16-20 minutes. Thank you flat courses and cool temps in Florida and Louisiana.

Last edited:

dancingtodisney

Yep definitely looks like they add on some time which is fair I guess. :happy:

dancingtodisney

Awesome job on your 10K!! :)

I am certainly not expecting to go under 2:10 at Wine & Dine. Too many character photo stops! :p

Ye we were delighted to get our first one done. Now all we have to do is be able to run double that lol

Oh for sure! I'm not at all intending to beat the estimated time, seems like there will be way too fun along the way! I'm hoping for a good villains one.. :joyfull:

AUPr8Hd

Let me check my corral from last year. I believe the race I used for proof is similar in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom