Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

6laurac

No firm date at the moment. But, if they hold true to previous years, then it would be the weekend of Nov 6-7.

Thanks for the info. That is what I am hoping will happen. My goal is to run a 1/2, see the Christmas decorations and enjoy a vacation all in the same week. I just started a vacation fund for it too.

AUPr8Hd

Thanks for the info. That is what I am hoping will happen. My goal is to run a 1/2, see the Christmas decorations and enjoy a vacation all in the same week. I just started a vacation fund for it too.

Good luck! That week is traditionally a little busier due to Veterans Day and Jersey Week. So, crowds will be slightly higher

fmingo36

Yeah, I don't really mind Osceola so much on this one because running through AK is so much fun. But I would also love to have more Epcot time through the countries. But there is a party already going on so that would be tough.

Agree-it would be cool if the finish line was in Mexico so you have to run through all the countries but I know it would be a logistical nightmare with the race spectators.

dancingtodisney

How is everyone's training going? I've got my 10km in two weeks that I'll be using as my proof time so fingers crossed that goes well..

I think a ride on soarin' would be nice after the run, especially with that cool breeze they blow at you :joyfull:

Disneymom201

Had a TERRIBLE half a few weeks ago. Developed plantar fasciiatis from training/running Pittsburgh marathon in May. Haven't been running much since :(. Have another half on July 20th, hoping for a better time to submit.
I'm gonna need to do some night runs before November. I always run in the mornings.
How is everyone's training going? I've got my 10km in two weeks that I'll be using as my proof time so fingers crossed that goes well..

I think a ride on soarin' would be nice after the run, especially with that cool breeze they blow at you :joyfull:
a

Texas84

Had a TERRIBLE half a few weeks ago. Developed plantar fasciiatis from training/running Pittsburgh marathon in May. Haven't been running much since :(. Have another half on July 20th, hoping for a better time to submit.
I'm gonna need to do some night runs before November. I always run in the mornings.

a

Doing anything for it? I had a minor case three years ago and just had to do some exercises. No problems since. My cousin actually had to get shots for it. Good luck!

Disneymom201

Doing anything for it? I had a minor case three years ago and just had to do some exercises. No problems since. My cousin actually had to get shots for it. Good luck!
I saw a podiatrist and just picked up custom orthotics. Was also precribed a night brace too. Took 6 weeks off :(. Had a few adjustments from a chiropractor. Ran 10 mi today in 1:24. Can still 'feel' it, but I'd rather run with a bit of pain than not run at all :)

a2grafix

Are any rides open during the after party? My sister was hoping to get a bib but no luck :-( she may just do the after party and wait for us
Soarin', Mission: Space, Test Track and Spaceship Earth were open during the 2013 Wine and Dine Half, if I recall. I didn't go on any of the rides, just casually walked around World Showcase downing food and drink.

a2grafix

Agree-it would be cool if the finish line was in Mexico so you have to run through all the countries but I know it would be a logistical nightmare with the race spectators.

Have to give the cast members big time credit though in playing course monitor and crossing guard where the course crosses from Communicore breezeway. It's the only way to get to the other side of Future World and World Showcase. I was amazed how they controlled that bottleneck in maintaining the flow for the runners and moving those who finished the race and the spectators in clumps. It's a logistical nightmare crossing the street scenario and Disney pulls it off perfectly. I was amazed.

Ariel484

Good luck with your 10K!! :)

Training is going pretty well for me so far. This week I'm starting to train for an early September half marathon and am really hoping to go under 2:10 there, so that's my main goal right now. :)

I ran a 10-miler in April and a 10K in May hoping that one of the two would bump me up a corral (from the "<2:15 corral" to the "<2:09 corral"). I just checked the Wine & Dine page and saw that the link that @AUPr8Hd posted a week or two back is "officially" live. I'd originally signed up with a 10-miler time from last year, so I went to the link and put in my time from this year (about 2 minutes faster). It updated right away and said that my unverified anticipated finish time is now 2:06! I forget what the old anticipated finish time was, but it was definitely over 2:10. Frankly that's a bigger drop than I expected but I will take it - very pleased. Originally I was thinking I'd submit the time from that upcoming September half marathon if it's good but I just checked and the cut-off to update proof of time is August 1!! That's coming up super quickly! :eek:

http://trackshack.com/disneysports/proof/wd/proof.php

@Disneymom201 - glad to hear your plantar fasciitis has improved. Your "bit of pain" time for 10 miles is pretty awesome!!

Texas84

Have to give the cast members big time credit though in playing course monitor and crossing guard where the course crosses from Communicore breezeway. It's the only way to get to the other side of Future World and World Showcase. I was amazed how they controlled that bottleneck in maintaining the flow for the runners and moving those who finished the race and the spectators in clumps. It's a logistical nightmare crossing the street scenario and Disney pulls it off perfectly. I was amazed.

That was amazing. Everyone trying to get across to the party was grumbling for a second until they saw how it worked then started cheering on the runners while they waited. We actually crossed fairly quickly.

Still wish they could run it around World Showcase. Mexico probably makes that impossible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom