Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

fmingo36

I give credit to those that run in costume because I know there is no way I could do it. It looks cute at the beginning of the race but after 13.1 miles and your all sweaty and gross--BLAH!

I remember the Inaugural W&D 1/2, two women were dressed up like grapes with balloons all over. It looked great but I can't imagine that it was easy to run in.

HRHPrincessAriel

I give credit to those that run in costume because I know there is no way I could do it. It looks cute at the beginning of the race but after 13.1 miles and your all sweaty and gross--BLAH!

I remember the Inaugural W&D 1/2, two women were dressed up like grapes with balloons all over. It looked great but I can't imagine that it was easy to run in.
Yea no. Lol

That's why I like a lot in what I posted...they aren't full on costumes just give the idea

fmingo36

I found it while googling!

I also found this. Their skirts aren't too badly priced.
http://sparkleathletic.com/category/running-costumes/disney-running-costumes/

Gah! I just don't know.

Those costumes are cute but they really have nothing to do with the theme of the event. You are not going to see any princesses or fairies on the route. I do believe that Jasmine and Aladdin were out during the after party. I'm HOPING that they have either Elsa or Anna in Norway for the after party. That would be AWESOME!

Mad Stitch

Maybe not. Not too many little ones hanging out at the After Party. I'm not saying it would be short by any means but I would think it wouldn't get to a 3 hr. wait.

I should have added a smiley face because I was joking. Although I probably didn't because I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Why isn't runDisney selling these? Or since New Balance is an official sponsor maybe they should sell the complete outfit with shoes? They would make so much money. Instead they sell $400 rings. How many of those could they possibly be selling?

LindsayLoves

I also found this. Their skirts aren't too badly priced.
http://sparkleathletic.com/category/running-costumes/disney-running-costumes/

Gah! I just don't know.

Get one, they are fantastic! They wonderful to run in and you barely notice they are there. I have PRed many a race while wearing one including a 1:45 half marathon so they clearly aren't just for show, those skirts can be fast. If you can't decide if you want one check out their booth at the expo - that's where I got mine for the WDW Marathon two years ago. I totally broke the never do something new on race day thing by wearing it for the marathon, luckily everything turned out fine and there was no weird chafing from the skirt.

Why isn't runDisney selling these? Or since New Balance is an official sponsor maybe they should sell the complete outfit with shoes? They would make so much money. Instead they sell $400 rings. How many of those could they possibly be selling?

I have been thinking that same question for ages. My best guess is that maybe they don't want to encourage adults wearing costumes in the parks afterwards if they were legit Disney costumes.

dreamfinder

Well, they did start selling their own runDisney running tutu's recently. I think it's because Champion/Hanes is their official athletic/clothing companies. So anything they do sell really would need to come from that brand or be unbranded. And we all know that WDW is having a tough enough time coming up with unique merch, doing anything that isn't just a logoed item they can point to in an ASI catalog will rarely get made.

And remember with the rings, Jostens is a sponsor at WWoS, (Jostens Center) so once again it's all about the synergy. I'm pretty sure that Jostens is a make on demand company. They don't keep the rings in stock, and more than likely drop ship them direct. So low (no) overhead on the part of runDisney, and just a bunch of cash if/when someone actually buys one.

LindsayLoves

Here are all the 2014 Wine and Dine weekend medals - remember the half medal is a spinner with Spaceship Earth on the back. Hopefully there is more definition and contrast on the half medal in real life. It looks a lot darker than the close up they previewed back in April.
wineanddinemedals2014.jpg

Ariel484

Initial thoughts...glad the JJ5K medal isn't the same as last year, holy crap is the kids medal cute, didn't like the half medal ribbon at first but as I look at it more closely are those symbols from the World Showcase pavilions? Very cool.

@LindsayLoves do you mean more contrast on the Mickey figure alone? It looks really similar to last year's medal to me.

LindsayLoves

@LindsayLoves do you mean more contrast on the Mickey figure alone? It looks really similar to last year's medal to me.

Yes, from a distance it just looks like a generic Mickey outline, its really hard to read the details on it. In the mockup (found your post on page 31 of this thread) it looked like they used two different shades of silver for Mickey so there was some definition, darker on the face/body and lighter on the clothing.

Ariel484

Yes, from a distance it just looks like a generic Mickey outline, its really hard to read the details on it. In the mockup (found your post on page 31 of this thread) it looked like they used two different shades of silver for Mickey so there was some definition, darker on the face/body and lighter on the clothing.
Okay, I see what you mean.
medals.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe it's going to be like last year's where the entire Mickey part is sort of smooth and shiny without the grey shading:
WnDEdit-263.jpg

AUPr8Hd

As someone who has run this race each year since inception, I'm a little underwhelmed with the picture of the new medal. There just seems to be too much "red" color with no contrast. Hopefully they have a legacy runner ribbon that will help offset it some :)

FerretAfros

I'm also curious about what's printed on the ribbon. It looks like it could potentially be some sort of icons of the WS pavilions, or like it might match the Food & Wine Festival logo/merchandise that change each year. I don't think they've released this year's logo, but it seems to match the general aesthetic they've used in years past

Ariel484

As someone who has run this race each year since inception, I'm a little underwhelmed with the picture of the new medal. There just seems to be too much "red" color with no contrast. Hopefully they have a legacy runner ribbon that will help offset it some :)
Maybe the legacy runners will have a green ribbon? I agree with you about all of the red in this year's medal.
Those professional photos never seem to capture the medal right. Wait until the DL expo when someone posts a picture of it with their phone.
Oooh good point. I'm looking forward to seeing some "real" photos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom