Pre-Trip Disney: The Seconding (solo)

So as I have about 88 days to go it's time to do my first ever Pre-Trip report !
The title relates to my second trip to Disney while staying there(but will be my actual 4th visit) I previously went in 2012 after an almost 12 year gap in holidays away !

So the who, well just me after being let down multiple times by a friend who said he wanted to go last time I decided to just go on my own and boy did I have fun. So this time I just booked it for me for a 2 week visit to Disney and beyond. So who am I well I am @LieutLaww also know as Wayne, and I live in the UK.

JtcgBLX.jpg

This was me in 2012 when I went to Kennedy and met an Astronaut !

The when, I leave 6th of Sept for 2 weeks of Disney and other Orlando fun.

The Where, I shall be staying at the All Star Sports Resort in a preferred room.

ASS6.jpg

So what do I have planned ?

6th Sept Leave the UK from Gatwick Airport and head into MCO and onto All Star Sports

Mon, first full day and with a few things to do with my holiday rep I shall head to Epcot and also to my first ADR at Le Cellier for lunch

Tues, Seaworld visit and I have not been since around 2000 and my last Orlando trip with my then wife so looking forward to it.

Weds, A return to Kennedy Space Centre.

Thurs, Universal Studios

Fri, Islands of Adventure

So that's the first week almost done but beyond that I have no real plans for my Disney days other than ADR's for Lunch at Be Our Guest, a breakfast at Tuskers and on the Saturday before I leave Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic dining package.

Hope you enjoyed my first Pre-Trip and keep an eye out for my TR once I have returned.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This time I paid extra for a preferred room so I can be much closer to the main building, I mean it wasn't a long may 5 mins ish every day but that's all extra time.
It adds up in the heat. While, I'd be quite comfortable in the 80s F you'll have in sept, I suspect you won't be. It wasn't the walk that killed us, it was the heat. Though, I did discover the way to do it (at AoA).

You walk to the Lion King building, then go inside. Free HVAC!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
cBMIGGQ.png

The very dodgy black circle on the right of that pic was where my room was roughly last time
That's not terrible. I was literally in the furthest corner room from Animation Hall that you can get at AoA...

And, as I said, I have, in the past, been guilty of downgrading complaints about the "walk"...but having done it, it really is a slog. At AoA that is. That walk doesn't seem so bad, but I can see why for a few extra bucks, going Preferred is a good idea.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As you said the walk isn't the thing it is the heat, coming from a pretty cold country (most of the time) when you go get breakfast at 7am you don't expect it to be stupid hot.
So amusing, because morning heat, even the in summer, at WDW, is quite comfortable for me. But, by 9a or 10a it's pretty nasty out, even for someone who lives in a place that has similar weather.

I can only imagine how it is for those who are not used to it...

I hate heat. Give me the cold!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It is bad enough here in the UK when we get to 90 degrees, everyone is dying and complaining, I have pointed out plenty of times to people at work if they thought it was bad try being in the US at 7am. Poor souls just don't understand

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well depending on what time I get in, not due into MCO till 5:20 pm, room, dump stuff, food, I have no plans to hit the parks as I will be shattered tbh
You'll have true jet lag though, as you are what, 5/6 hours ahead of us? Your body is gonna think it's 11:20pm and that's at MCO! After Magical Express and settling down, you won't be done until probably 7 - 8 pm our time.

How do you plan to acclimate?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't get Jet Lag so its a non issue :p, and may not even be on the ME as last time it was me and couple of other people in a mears small bus, and we are 5 hrs ahead.
Wow, is that how they run it at the wee hours?

I've always had the big Disney Branded mears busses...

I'd recommend a run by Splitsville if you like bowling. (ok, sortof on a Splitsville kick, but we really did have a blast of an evening there after La Nouba)

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well it wont be the wee hrs as it will be 7ish pm local time by the time i clear customs etc, there are the Magical Express buses about I think it just depends on how many people are heading to those particular resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom