Pre-Trip Disney: The Seconding (solo)

So as I have about 88 days to go it's time to do my first ever Pre-Trip report !
The title relates to my second trip to Disney while staying there(but will be my actual 4th visit) I previously went in 2012 after an almost 12 year gap in holidays away !

So the who, well just me after being let down multiple times by a friend who said he wanted to go last time I decided to just go on my own and boy did I have fun. So this time I just booked it for me for a 2 week visit to Disney and beyond. So who am I well I am @LieutLaww also know as Wayne, and I live in the UK.

JtcgBLX.jpg

This was me in 2012 when I went to Kennedy and met an Astronaut !

The when, I leave 6th of Sept for 2 weeks of Disney and other Orlando fun.

The Where, I shall be staying at the All Star Sports Resort in a preferred room.

ASS6.jpg

So what do I have planned ?

6th Sept Leave the UK from Gatwick Airport and head into MCO and onto All Star Sports

Mon, first full day and with a few things to do with my holiday rep I shall head to Epcot and also to my first ADR at Le Cellier for lunch

Tues, Seaworld visit and I have not been since around 2000 and my last Orlando trip with my then wife so looking forward to it.

Weds, A return to Kennedy Space Centre.

Thurs, Universal Studios

Fri, Islands of Adventure

So that's the first week almost done but beyond that I have no real plans for my Disney days other than ADR's for Lunch at Be Our Guest, a breakfast at Tuskers and on the Saturday before I leave Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic dining package.

Hope you enjoyed my first Pre-Trip and keep an eye out for my TR once I have returned.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm very excited for your trip and hope you have lots of fun! Since you (and I) both don't like the oppressive heat, may I kindly remind you to please remember to drink more water than you normally would at home. It really helps you to feel better. :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yes, what I've read is that it is for leaving. You lug your bags to DTD and then depart. I've even seen groups doing it...

So, check in isn't like that? Sorry for my questions, I can take this to elsewhere so I don't eat up pages on your trip report, I'm just curious...
The DTD check in works best when you have a hire car.You go there first thing,dropoff your bags and get your boarding passes.You then head off to the park or wherever and don't have to get to the airport so early as you only have to clear the security line when you get there.As to how it would work when you are on the Tragic express i don't really know.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@englanddg what was you wondering about Check in earlier ?
Honestly I don't recall specifically...maybe how it was handled vs domestic? I just show up, head to the ME section of MCO and I'm on my way to the resort.

But, I think you pretty clearly indicated you do the same.

I think it's only check out (as you or someone indicated) where you have to lug your stuff to DTD and put it on a truck and go from there...right?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
When I get through customs at airport just head down to the Virgin desk and then onto ME or however they are sending you to your resort. You don't have to go to DTD after check out, it is only optional and is an extra service Virgin does. Last time I just stayed at the resort dumped my case with whoever it was and just hung around reading and stuff, ate lunch at the resort then the ME came and picked me up.

mrerk

Premium Member
It adds up in the heat. While, I'd be quite comfortable in the 80s F you'll have in sept, I suspect you won't be. It wasn't the walk that killed us, it was the heat. Though, I did discover the way to do it (at AoA).

You walk to the Lion King building, then go inside. Free HVAC!
We do the same thing at the Poly, especially if its raining or really hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom