Pre-Trip Disney: The Seconding (solo)

So as I have about 88 days to go it's time to do my first ever Pre-Trip report !
The title relates to my second trip to Disney while staying there(but will be my actual 4th visit) I previously went in 2012 after an almost 12 year gap in holidays away !

So the who, well just me after being let down multiple times by a friend who said he wanted to go last time I decided to just go on my own and boy did I have fun. So this time I just booked it for me for a 2 week visit to Disney and beyond. So who am I well I am @LieutLaww also know as Wayne, and I live in the UK.

JtcgBLX.jpg

This was me in 2012 when I went to Kennedy and met an Astronaut !

The when, I leave 6th of Sept for 2 weeks of Disney and other Orlando fun.

The Where, I shall be staying at the All Star Sports Resort in a preferred room.

ASS6.jpg

So what do I have planned ?

6th Sept Leave the UK from Gatwick Airport and head into MCO and onto All Star Sports

Mon, first full day and with a few things to do with my holiday rep I shall head to Epcot and also to my first ADR at Le Cellier for lunch

Tues, Seaworld visit and I have not been since around 2000 and my last Orlando trip with my then wife so looking forward to it.

Weds, A return to Kennedy Space Centre.

Thurs, Universal Studios

Fri, Islands of Adventure

So that's the first week almost done but beyond that I have no real plans for my Disney days other than ADR's for Lunch at Be Our Guest, a breakfast at Tuskers and on the Saturday before I leave Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic dining package.

Hope you enjoyed my first Pre-Trip and keep an eye out for my TR once I have returned.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yea full Virgin package, it does inc the ME bus but i think sometimes they just send people off on the smaller ones if they are ready and have people going in the same direction.
iirc, doesn't the Virgin stuff include check outs over in DTD? Or has that changed?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yea full Virgin package, it does inc the ME bus but i think sometimes they just send people off on the smaller ones if they are ready and have people going in the same direction.
The only time I had a smaller one was from DCL to WDW...but remember, I'm all Domestic.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yea still get DTD check in, but you have to get your bags etc over to DTD yourself and then get to the airport yourself
Oh wow, really? I mean, I've read how that works...basically it's like they shove you guys over to DTD (over near La Nouba) where you pick up / drop off your bags....

How do you get to the resort?

For me, I fly into MCO, pick up my bags, then give them to the ME driver and we are off...

Quite interesting.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
oh no DTD is for when you come home you can check in your bags at DTD they give you boarding passes etc then you head off to whatever park you want then make your way to the airport. When I arrive and get past customs etc, I go down to the Virgin area they give you your welcome pack then point you to where transport is and you either get the ME or a smaller bus to your resort.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
oh no DTD is for when you come home you can check in your bags at DTD they give you boarding passes etc then you head off to whatever park you want then make your way to the airport. When I arrive and get past customs etc, I go down to the Virgin area they give you your welcome pack then point you to where transport is and you either get the ME or a smaller bus to your resort.
Yes, what I've read is that it is for leaving. You lug your bags to DTD and then depart. I've even seen groups doing it...

So, check in isn't like that? Sorry for my questions, I can take this to elsewhere so I don't eat up pages on your trip report, I'm just curious...

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
nah dont worry about it being here, right I need to go out and get stuff done so will be back in a couple of hrs, any more questions just leave em here and I will get to em when I come home. What do you mean check in ? At the resort or ?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Remember Harry Potter is in both parks so if you want to do say Diagon Alley then use the Hogwarts express to Hogsmead etc you will need a park pass that lets you park hop, also the new Kong attraction opens next year as well so that's something else you don't want to miss too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Remember Harry Potter is in both parks so if you want to do say Diagon Alley then use the Hogwarts express to Hogsmead etc you will need a park pass that lets you park hop, also the new Kong attraction opens next year as well so that's something else you don't want to miss too.
THNX we already have APs as they're the best deal for us on this side of the pond.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
kk was going to say if you were going late Sept Uni has Halloween Horror Nights on as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom