Pre-Trip Disney: The Seconding (solo)

So as I have about 88 days to go it's time to do my first ever Pre-Trip report !
The title relates to my second trip to Disney while staying there(but will be my actual 4th visit) I previously went in 2012 after an almost 12 year gap in holidays away !

So the who, well just me after being let down multiple times by a friend who said he wanted to go last time I decided to just go on my own and boy did I have fun. So this time I just booked it for me for a 2 week visit to Disney and beyond. So who am I well I am @LieutLaww also know as Wayne, and I live in the UK.

JtcgBLX.jpg

This was me in 2012 when I went to Kennedy and met an Astronaut !

The when, I leave 6th of Sept for 2 weeks of Disney and other Orlando fun.

The Where, I shall be staying at the All Star Sports Resort in a preferred room.

ASS6.jpg

So what do I have planned ?

6th Sept Leave the UK from Gatwick Airport and head into MCO and onto All Star Sports

Mon, first full day and with a few things to do with my holiday rep I shall head to Epcot and also to my first ADR at Le Cellier for lunch

Tues, Seaworld visit and I have not been since around 2000 and my last Orlando trip with my then wife so looking forward to it.

Weds, A return to Kennedy Space Centre.

Thurs, Universal Studios

Fri, Islands of Adventure

So that's the first week almost done but beyond that I have no real plans for my Disney days other than ADR's for Lunch at Be Our Guest, a breakfast at Tuskers and on the Saturday before I leave Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic dining package.

Hope you enjoyed my first Pre-Trip and keep an eye out for my TR once I have returned.

FlaggNL

Exactly, sorted my selections for the days i know i am def at the parks, beyond that dunno yet lol

That's how we like it well... plan what is possible and for the rest go with the flow! Just one ADR for now... and in 9 days trying to get breakfast at BOG :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm curious to hear your experience at All Stars.

They are the only Disney Resort I have sworn I will never stay at, but as I'm halfway through my "checklist", I suppose I'll need to plan at least a weekend at each one of them (would staying at one of them and walking them all count?...nah...)

Looking forward to the report, and enjoy your trip!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I actually stayed there the last time I went in 2012, I basically just used it as a base, the only real problem I had was my room was in one of the blocks furthest away from the main building so everyday was a long slog back and forth. Buses were fine and Sports is always the first drop off point of the 3 as well so that's handy ;) Anything else you want to know just ask.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I actually stayed there the last time I went in 2012, I basically just used it as a base, the only real problem I had was my room was in one of the blocks furthest away from the main building so everyday was a long slog back and forth. Buses were fine and Sports is always the first drop off point of the 3 as well so that's handy ;) Anything else you want to know just ask.
I always poo poo'd the "walk from Little Mermaid' complaints from people who stayed at AoA...because I'd walked AoA and didn't think it was that big a deal.

Then this past trip I STAYED at AoA LM section.

Yeah...the walk really is a slog.

I'm not for slogging walks. Not with a kid in tow. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom