'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

dupac

Query: Would say 3 or 4 more places like Raglan Road that were open late satisfy the nightlife requirement? When I was 25 or so that wouldn't have cut it, but now at 43 I think that would be fine. Is my perspective normal or skewed?

Sort of. The man and I don't dance (I was told in high school that I looked like an old man when I danced and I think the man only danced to score phone numbers) so some bars/real pubs ;) would satisfy. I would love to have visited AC... I've never been somewhere like that.

One chain I wouldn't mind seeing in DtD is BJ's.

rct247

I'm still not entirely convinced on everything especially how things have been going over at Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island. Sure we have seen some improvements and additions like Splitsville, AMC Fork & Screen, Characters in Flight, TRex, Pollo Campero/BabyCakes, Lego store expansion, consistent big name concerts at House of Blues, stores moving around, Paradiso 37, etc, but overall master plans for Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island area revamps have fell flat. I say do whatever they want or cancel whatever they want, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with the name "Disney Springs". I don't think really anyone loves the name. Why would you spend all that money to rebrand an entire area of your resort when the name Downtown Disney has become a household name at it's domestic guests on both coasts? I just hope that name doesn't stick. Do what you want with evolving electric lights, different districts, water features, abandoned elevated train tressels, old night clubs, new retail offerings, parking garages, etc, but don't change the name of Downtown Disney to something that makes people think of a resort hotel, a water park, a nature preserve, or a bottled water brand.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I look forward to the future threads about how the "Disney Springs" water tower has been replaced by a giant Southern Gentleman's hat.

Phase 2 artists rendition:

DS_Updated1.jpg

djlaosc

Almost makes me wonder if they have any. I would hate to see this become another Hyperion Warf.

Exactly - they can show up as many "pretty pictures" as they want, but until we get information on what will be going into all of these "pretty buildings" - then it just seems like it is at the same stage that Hyperion Wharf was when it was announced...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Exactly - they can show up as many "pretty pictures" as they want, but until we get information on what will be going into all of these "pretty buildings" - then it just seems like it is at the same stage that Hyperion Wharf was when it was announced...
Nah, because this time they have the vendors lined up - even though they were not announced today.

djlaosc

Nah, because this time they have the vendors lined up - even though they were not announced today.

I know that you said that they have them lined up, and that you expected some to be announced with this announcement...

So is there any reason why not a single vendor was announced today?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom