'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

djlaosc

No Vendor List = No Interest for me.

It's a mall - in the same way that there won't be many people getting excited about the expansion to Orlando Premium Outlets: Vineland Avenue (apart from the opportunity of more outlet (read cheaper) stores, which I would doubt there would be at Disney Springs) - the stores/restaurants/entertainment are everything.

Is it "pretty" - Yes
Will I still go - Yes
Will I spend more than I currently do - ???

asianway

Building over nothing is easier than building inside a working structure. They also killed 11 people in the building of the Golden Gate bridge. I am sure Disney could speed up the process for you if you don't mind a few people dying in the process.

I am speaking of the bridge...the conditions at Village Lake are a tad wee bit better than over San Francisco Bay. I know the speed at which they reskin Circus tents and 3 years seems optimistic.

My response would be "Vaguely aware of him for a decade or so. Don't know that much about him.." How would you react?
Id figure you were a member of his "staff" lol

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Query: Would say 3 or 4 more places like Raglan Road that were open late satisfy the nightlife requirement? When I was 25 or so that wouldn't have cut it, but now at 43 I think that would be fine. Is my perspective normal or skewed?

Sadly, I can't speak to this, as I fall in the group of people who would prefer to visit an on-site dentist for an elective root canal than visit a dance club.

Can we get a Disney-fied dive bar? Artfully themed graffiti style names carved in the benches, a decent jukebox, a few overpriced megatouch machines on the bar, the lingering smell of spilled beer and stale smoke? Maybe even a couple off-level shuffleboard tables?

Disneyhead'71

Well let's just look at CityWalk since that's the equivalent to DTD/Springs. We know the parks have expanded explosively but how has CityWalk grown in the last 8 years? Besides the boardwalk they added which features small vendors, they've only replaced closed stores with new once occupying the same space. No new clubs or restaurants.
They added the Chariscarria Brazillian Steakhouse, Fusion Sushi, 2 Fat Tuesday's, and the Moe's/Panda/BK Whopper Bar Food Court.

openendedsky

They added the Chariscarria Brazillian Steakhouse, Fusion Sushi, 2 Fat Tuesday's, and the Moe's/Panda/BK Whopper Bar Food Court.
clear.png
And they closed down what was, IMO, a really awesome retro themed store for this. On a practical level I get why it was done and I'm sure this is bringing in much more income.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Surpising Disney didn't tag at least a few "anchor" tenants. The excitement generated in the fan community by an east coast "trader Sam's" for example would have been extraordinary. As it is, all we have is some sorta vague concept art.
Almost makes me wonder if they have any. I would hate to see this become another Hyperion Warf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom