'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

OFTeric

My favorite part is the "Central Florida" theme. It'll feel like you're 1000 miles away from Orlando.

But kidding aside...I'm pessimistic that there will be any full-throated apré-parc options here, beyond restaurants. I have no particular attachment to the Adventurer's Club, I'd really just settle for any bar on property. You can only visit Jellyrolls so much...

I am a lover of "Old Florida" And I feel that the Old Florida charm of the 20's - 30's can feel exotic in this day and age with how much of Old Florida has been bulldozed for strip malls and stuccoed buildings.

Mickey_777

Yeah, West 192, I-Drive and Universal have been ghost towns during the past 5 years ... oh wait, no, they've seen explosive growth.

Sorry Master, repeating lie doe not true make. Excuse TDO incompitence it does not.

Well let's just look at CityWalk since that's the equivalent to DTD/Springs. We know the parks have expanded explosively but how has CityWalk grown in the last 8 years? Besides the boardwalk they added which features small vendors, they've only replaced closed stores with new once occupying the same space. No new clubs or restaurants.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Query: Would say 3 or 4 more places like Raglan Road that were open late satisfy the nightlife requirement? When I was 25 or so that wouldn't have cut it, but now at 43 I think that would be fine. Is my perspective normal or skewed?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, West 192, I-Drive and Universal have been ghost towns during the past 5 years ... oh wait, no, they've seen explosive growth.

Sorry Master, repeating lie doe not true make. Excuse TDO incompitence it does not.
Don't get me wrong. I think Disney made a huge mistake closing the clubs when they did. The shoe had dropped on the economy prior to the closing and they should have left the clubs open if for no other reason than to avoid the ghost town.

PolynesianPrincess

I think it looks good. I also would like to see more nightlife added here. We visit Downtown Disney MAYBE once a trip so for us this really is just a ho-hum announcement. But if they added some nightlife, we might visit more than once a trip.

I do really wish they would invest this money into the parks though. They are in so much more need of a facelift than DTD is. But I suppose more vendors = more money for them. I guess we can only hope and pray they take the profit they earn and reinvest it into the parks (wishful thinking, I know!)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Query: Would say 3 or 4 more places like Raglan Road that were open late satisfy the nightlife requirement? When I was 25 or so that wouldn't have cut it, but now at 43 I think that would be fine. Is my perspective normal or skewed?

My 20 something DS doesn't like to hang at a Raglan or the likes. He is more a Jellyrolls, yet for those who work down there, the cover does get old, vacationers not so bad.

Calvin Coolidge

A pub you say? You mean like Raglan Road? ;)

I like Raglan for what it is, but I'd personally prefer a few actual, honest-to-goodness 21+ bars and clubs, maybe even with dancing, rather than a family restaurant that keeps serving drinks after the kitchen closes.

My 20 something DS doesn't like to hang at a Raglan or the likes. He is more a Jellyrolls, yet for those who work down there, the cover does get old, vacationers not so bad.
The cover at Jellyrolls is crazy to me...I live in a city with a big bar/club scene, and honestly, I'm not sure I'd ever pay a cover like that without an open bar.

mgf

But kidding aside...I'm pessimistic that there will be any full-throated aprés-parc options here, beyond restaurants. I have no particular attachment to the Adventurer's Club, I'd really just settle for any bar on property. You can only visit Jellyrolls so much...

Grain of salt but via Attractions: "When asked about Trader Sams possibly coming, Staggs said they will have some uniquely Disney venues but no direct copies from Disneyland."

Mickey_777

So I'm kinda confused as to where this is going to be located...not sure why but Idong get where is going? West side east side? I get the art but I just can't figure it out

Just look for the characters in flight baloon to get an idea. It's in the upper left of a few of those photos.

yoyoflamingo

My favorite part is the "Central Florida" theme. It'll feel like you're 1000 miles away from Orlando.

It's like Florids' own version of DCA! - without any attractions.

Did anyone notice the nonexistant link to click here to find out more about the areas? Are they purposefully leaving it out or is my computer just not working right?

AndyS2992

It's like Florids' own version of DCA! - without any attractions.

Did anyone notice the nonexistant link to click here to find out more about the areas? Are they purposefully leaving it out or is my computer just not working right?

It's been copied and pasted from another site so the link wasn't included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom