1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

It does.. to their wallet.
    I wonder if launch bay will be as "temporal" as the Hat when star wars proves to be so popular..

El_Tomato likes this.
  2. Cesar R M

They seem to want to replace everything that isnt a "popular ip" of the moment.

3. Cesar R M

somewhere.. in the distant realm... a wall street executive of burbank is crying because his wallet is screaming like a possessed demon..it demands more blood..more cost cuts.. more bonuses..

4. Cesar R M

and paid events..:|

uncle jimmy likes this.
  5. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

RnRC fits with the hollywood theming on Sunset. GOTG would not.

6. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

Both BARELY fit.

maroonmol, Jones14, YodaMan and 5 others like this.
  7. PorterRedkey

PorterRedkey Well-Known Member

Studios... music studio. I'll give it a pass. It is the location next to ToT that I question. At least it has it's own "courtyard" to separate RnR from ToT.

8. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I like RnR, not saying I'd love a Guardians overlay, but are we really that attached to Aerosmith? Or just against Marvel? They could do a lot with this coaster.

9. DarthFiscus75

DarthFiscus75 Well-Known Member

It seems like it would be a simple overlay with GotG. They change it over to Star Wars during their parties, just change the outside look. But what happens to ToT?

Kman101 likes this.
  10. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Splash at Disneyland has totally different logs and you get a lot more wet. Add in minor show quality differences and I definitely prefer the Florida version over the DL version.

11. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I pretty much like them both equally.

12. egg

egg Well-Known Member

I think even with Star Wars's immense popularity, it doesn't make sense to operate meet and greets in a random building when they have a huge land to do them in. And they could always do certain meet and greets outside of Star Tours, like maybe Darth Vader, if they determine that he doesn't belong in Star Wars Land (it kills me to even type that... how can they think that way??)

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if Launch Bay closes the day Star Wars Land opens, and the building just sits unused for years after that. I would hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be the first time Disney's done that.

Cesar R M likes this.
  13. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

It's been almost 20 years, but The Rock n' Rollercoaster constantly boasts some of the highest wait times on property. It's still to this day a very good attraction that is iconic, and is not in need of an overhaul.

There are way more attractions that need fixing first.

It could potentially work as a gateway to a future Marvel land, that it could, but it would not really add to the experience at all and would pretty much be a waste of money. The ride only needs minor updates to keep it fresh, but it should stay as a record studio.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  14. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Which will make building the Mickey Ride in the Chinese Theater look even more short-sighted and idiotic.

Cesar R M, Mike S and El_Tomato like this.
  15. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

It could still be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Of course it gets good wait times, it's a coaster - in a park with very little to ride. It's fine as it is and there are far other higher priorities but I wouldn't mind Aerosmith (and I love the music) going away for a more general rock theme with different eras of rock music or different bands/artists being used. I think Guardians is better suited elsewhere.

DisneyExpert, HMF and Andrew C like this.
  16. Dizney Crew

Dizney Crew Active Member

Splash is a totally different ride @ DL then its WDW counterpart, we were shocked at how soaked you get on the West Coast version, I think ours is better themed both inside and out. Honestly I think there 2 totally different rides, seems like the fox critters have a bigger presences out west compared to the bunnies we get in FL.

17. PiratesoftheHM

PiratesoftheHM Well-Known Member

Sounds like DCA Tower of Terror to me!

18. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Doctor Strange. There would be minimal changes. The outside would hardly have to be touched. Nearly same story, just a different narrator.

DarthFiscus75 likes this.
  19. Kram Sacul

Kram Sacul Active Member

Aerosmith has a lot of fans and is part of the reason why I enjoy the RNRC a lot. Slapping some cheap overlay onto it just to tie into the latest trendy franchise is just poor and short sighted.

No. Stop with the overlay BS and actually build something new. Add to the park, not replace.

20. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

Man you must be on the payroll.

rdoncsecz likes this.