Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yesterday the state approved the timeshare license for Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. This allows DVC to begin selling the Poly.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=2969D0AA1BAF1F1B7B8331BEE10CFBB0

And have they made the mockups yet for prospective buyers to see? I know they have mockups for all the rooms for GF Villas and the Hawaii DVC over at the Saratoga Springs sales office. I wouldn't plop down $15,000+ without being able to see - and not an architectural plan - what the rooms/bungalows look like.

Are they going to sell for the $150/point like GF Villas or closer to the $130/point for the other DVC resorts?

Unplugged

It is too bad so much work is simultaneous. Nice that it'll all be done together, but bad in that the nature of Tiki is such dark wood colors. That makes it a bit depressing until construction wraps up.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
it has to be so dark in there

i wonder what they will figure out for the holidays, poloy use to have such a great tree
They have installed light fixtures on the temporary wall so it is not that dark. There is also still plenty of natural light from all the windows.

And when was the last time you saw the Poly's Christmas tree? Because I have seen it the last 4 years in a row and never thought it was anything special, especially compared to WL or GF.

mm121

They have installed light fixtures on the temporary wall so it is not that dark. There is also still plenty of natural light from all the windows.

And when was the last time you saw the Poly's Christmas tree? Because I have seen it the last 4 years in a row and never thought it was anything special, especially compared to WL or GF.
i like tropical things!

JLipnick

We were just at Polynesian for dinner and then breakfast at O'Hana over the last two weeks and wow. from the point you drive up, the entire left side (even before you walk in) is walled off. then walking in are walls immediately left and ahead of you with only a small walkway to the right along the Check-in counters. Upstairs, half of the entire place is walled off. There are tons of paintings on the walls with artist renderings of what things may look like. But i am very glad i am not staying there while all this is going on. I did walk out to the pool to get a glimpse of the bungalows over the water. the first one looks very much done from the outside. I didn't get a pic unfortunately.

jpittore1

IMG_6969.jpg
Picture of the Bungalows as of June 9 th

Linseyjo26

Does anyone know what the kids wet play area is suppose to look like and when it will be done? We are hoping to do a split stay between AKL kidani village and the polynesian next May. Also considering one of the Epcot resorts , but if the pool area is neat enough it would seal the deal on the polynesian for me.

biggy H

No pics, but when we were there 10 days ago none of the bungalows were completed; most were still in early building stages and I did not count them (to see if all 20 have been started) so there may be a few to be built yet.

When we left MK on the ferry today they still had one to start on, nearest the ferry dock, but the rest had some sort of construction, one or 2 they where just putting up the frames.

mickey2008.1

Interesting. It is being pretty widely reported that the scale is being increased going to three buildings now.
Who to believe???

Good, sad photo's
http://www.mousesteps.com/extra-fea...14-nanea-volcano-pool-closing-soon-for-refurb
Great video. What a change of the place. I would not want to be staying there, and with the pool closing, even worse. Should have just closed the resort for six months rather than have guests see all that crap. we have ressies for Ohana and Kona in Sept, I now know I will be cancelling at least one of them because I do not want to see all that crap. It will be beautiful when complete I am sure of, but for now is blah!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Great video. What a change of the place. I would not want to be staying there, and with the pool closing, even worse. Should have just closed the resort for six months rather than have guests see all that crap. we have ressies for Ohana and Kona in Sept, I now know I will be cancelling at least one of them because I do not want to see all that crap. It will be beautiful when complete I am sure of, but for now is blah!!!

I was there in April and it wasn't good then, now worse. The sound of construction just echos.
I've said the same thing since April, they have no business being open for this type of massive rehab, especially when the pool goes down. It isn't like Disney lacks in Deluxe rooms, they are standing unoccupied, why not close it down, do what they are going to do and be done with it vs dragging it out. A plastic wrapper with palm tree's on it at the entrance doesn't change a darn thing.

Skims seem to be Disney's permission for the decade to drag projects on.

docdebbi

OMG just looked at all the pics. No way I would be paying Polynesian rates to be staying there now. I want them to pay ME to be there.
Wonder what their occupancy rate is now? If I were booked, I would be canceling.

morningstar

Those bungalows are not what I had imagined. I had assumed something like that Bora Bora place, where they line a dock projecting out into the water. Not just sitting right off the beach. What they're building seems a little less exciting for the bungalow guests, but worse, a lot more obtrusive for all the rest of the guests. Seems like most of the view from the beach will be blocked. It seems like they could have easily built out into the water. I don't imagine the Seven Seas Lagoon is that deep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom