Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
The water feature will be gone.

Rats. So much for ambience. The water feature and the atrium are a big part of that resort for me personally.

Not sure if Trader Sam's will go in at the GCH or if they were smart they would put it in its own stand alone building near the beach over at Luau Cove with a nice outdoor deck to watch the lagoon.

Exterior on the beach would be amazing for sure.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The water feature will be gone.

That's definitely a bummer. I just stayed at the Poly last month for 6 nights. After what you've been posting with regard to the fate of the water feature, I made a point to just chill in the GCH one evening with my wife to enjoy a cocktail and the atmosphere. It will definitely be missed.

Even though we experienced some issues on our recent stay, it was still enjoyable and Brian Vucinich in guest services went out of his way to make things right.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @tikiman.

sublimesting

Losing the water feature is devastating. The Poly is my favorite resort and I've never even stayed there. The lobby is one my favorite places in wdw period and I feel like they're taking away a big part of the Poly's magic!
Everything you said is true for me as well. This saddens me a great deal and without the fountain I don't think I'll ever stay at the Poly.

sublimesting

I can just picture the meeting where someone suggested that. Minus the sarcasm.

Tile, eh Dan. We'll I think I can top that. What say you to a planter? One of those nice clay numbers where cactuses can grow out of the sides?

I like your thinking, Bob! Team! Bob is an innovator I think we have senior managaement material on our hands here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom