1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Dummies: Recent Irrational and Foolish Ideas from WDP&R

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by raven24, Feb 10, 2017.

1. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member Original Poster

2. raven24

According to the art, they will be selling stolen goods at an open auction? Color me confused as to how that makes an sense.

epcot82fan and 180º like this.
  3. 180º

180º Well-Known Member

I'd agree with anyone who says the auction scene is kind of deplorable and depicts human trafficking. There's not much innocent or benign about it.

That said, this is censorship of art, and such censorship of art infuriates me. I absolutely resent this change.

nevol likes this.
  4. Rich T

Rich T Well-Known Member

They're...PIRATES!!!! They are not innocent or benign people! They are murderers and scumbags! It's right there is the theme song:

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot!

Seriously, do people expect to see them saving kittens and volunteering at the local homeless shelter??? Cripes!

Glad you're still against the change, though.
    :)

5. raven24

Exactly. Why not be offended by the entire ride? Just get rid of it as a whole.

Superman68 and epcot82fan like this.
  6. 180º

180º Well-Known Member

Hold your horses, I'm with you completely! Like I said, it's kind of twisted, but totally appropriate for the subject matter. Is it appropriate for the venue, Disneyland? I'm sure someone has a great argument as to why not, but I frankly couldn't care less. Censorship of art is worse. I know "Disneyland is not a museum," but Pirates of the Caribbean is a pop culture icon and deserves to be preserved. Adding Jack Sparrow is one thing. But this is like painting over the Mona Lisa.

7. jmuboy

jmuboy Well-Known Member

PC Pirates of The Carribean.

epcot82fan likes this.
  8. nevol

nevol Well-Known Member

It is difficult to not see the argument of those advocating for such change, which is why I imagine it is happening. The strongest argument that P+R seems unable to grasp is the most simple one: It has been there, and has been a non-issue, for 50 years. The minute somebody internally threw a fit, concerned that someone in the parks might eventually throw one, it was a done deal. Sad. Go check their press release on Disney Parks Blog; very vocal opposition to the change, which surprises me because they usually censor their comment section, no?

epcot82fan likes this.
  9. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

I think they used to censor more heavily than they do now. It must now just be if you're saying something outright offensive or an attack on someone.

10. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

Politics of the Caribbean

11. raven24

Up next for the READ and ROAST: Pixar Pier @ DCA....

What in the absolute HELL????????????

Holy crap, Disney has done it again. Lasseter... I respect and love your enthusiasm for Disneyland, I really do. I love your energy and your dedication. But man, do I hate you right now. The killing of DCA continues with more IP, specifically Pixar, but this time they're retheming an entire LAND. This land happens to be one of my favorite areas of the park. All of that work put into it during DCA's 5-year rebirth will go down the hole and will ultimately have been for nothing. I'm beyond angry.

And now PPP is heading to Disneyland. Instead of killing the parade, once and for all, it's moving across to my park.

What a disappointment!!!!!

Jon81uk, drizgirl, 180º and 3 others like this.
  12. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

Man, they have no shame with this IP assault.

13. disneyC97

disneyC97 Well-Known Member

They're going to re theme the wheel again?

14. MoonRakerSCM

MoonRakerSCM Member

*** was wrong with the pier being home to classic Disney characters???

drizgirl and epcot82fan like this.
  15. vj81995

vj81995 Well-Known Member

Basically everything announced for Disneyland at the D23 Expo deserves to be in this thread.

Pixar Play moving to Disneyland? Why? Why is Paradise Pier being given a cheap overlay? Why do the people in charge of Disneyland think this is okay?

16. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this. I'd much rather see theme-based lands with multiple movies represented, than entire lands only representing 1 IP.

PiratesMansion, mickEblu and drizgirl like this.
  17. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel Well-Known Member

Don't draw attention to the song..next thing you know they'll replace that too :(

18. Professortango1

Professortango1 Well-Known Member

They theme the regular spooky attraction to an all-out festive Halloween themed attraction for Halloween. It works perfectly. Jack o lanters, skulls, flickering candles, creepy sing-song rhymes, crazier music. I would be devastated to not be able to ride HMH to celebrate Halloween. It is a must do for Halloweentime. If it was only changed for Christmas, then I probably wouldn't ride it. Plus, since Christmas goes up mid October, to change the ride for only Christmas means the ride would likely be closed Halloween and reopen the first or second week of November.

19. Professortango1

20. Professortango1

They are supposed to be lovable pirates though. We set sail WITH them and enjoy them. They are loves by their mommies and dads. Sexist/body shaming humor was much more mainstream and acceptable in the 60's. Now, humor has shifted and these topics are usually seen as edgy when comedians "go there." Disney is a lot of thing, but its not edgy.