Disney Dummies: Recent Irrational and Foolish Ideas from WDP&R

Professortango1

You're totally entitled to your opinion..but I think the overlay reads wayyyy more Christmas than Halloween. It's the spooky version of Christmas.(i.e. 'What Happens When Two Holidays Collide... But Mostly Christmas') From the gift wrapped presents scattered about to the ginger bread house to the snow in the graveyard, it's all slanted towards Christmas. Even the ghost host says 'Welcome my friends to our Christmas delight' in the into to the stretching room and there is a countdown to Christmas outside.

If they balanced the holidays out more evenly I think the resentment many of us have towards it's extended stay would maybe lessen a bit -- would have been nice if the took a Coats/Davis approach and did the first part as Halloween and the second part as Christmas, but as it is now, you're pretty much blasted with holiday cheer the moment you get in line.

I think its how you interpret it. Snow never said "Christmas" to me having relatives who had snow in late October. Snow is just cold and desolate to me, so it never bothered me. The narration and music up until the graveyard speaks "Halloween" to me and the tarot cards, vampires, skulls, candles, lights, all reflect Halloween to me.

I get why people don't like it, but I'm just very thankful one of my favorite attractions celebrates one of my favorite holidays. Visiting HMH in Sept is a tradition of mine, kicking off the Halloween season.

Professortango1

Even if it is kept, the context and the overall scene will be different, as I've stated multiple times.

The basics are the same. The auctioneer is trying to sell stolen goods to the other pirates. The other pirates don't want what he's selling and instead want to buy the sexy redhead, shouting "we wants the redhead."

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The basics are the same. The auctioneer is trying to sell stolen goods to the other pirates. The other pirates don't want what he's selling and instead want to buy the sexy redhead, shouting "we wants the redhead."

I'm saying this just once more, as going back and forth with you again is something I'm not interested in.

The scene is changing. It will be completely different from its predecessor.

Unless you want to discuss a different topic, take care.

Professortango1

I'm saying this just once more, as going back and forth with you again is something I'm not interested in.

The scene is changing. It will be completely different from its predecessor.

Unless you want to discuss a different topic, take care.

That's not true, but sure. Take care.

Professortango1

HMH is a travesty. People have been trying to argue for years that it's both holidays because it has pumpkins. It doesn't work that way. It's like that one guy who goes to a Halloween party dressed as Santa.

Many would disagree. There's clearly Halloween influences and the ride does draw insanely large crowds. I love regular Mansion, but I do prefer HMH.

Professortango1

The biggest missteps I've seen lately from Disney has been integrating Marvel in such a haphazard fashion. I think Guardians could have had a really cool ride, but instead it feels like Hyperspace Mountain. I would have loved to see them add Marvel rather than retheme something to Marvel.

I also think the Pirates sequence in Fantasmic is a bust, but its not the end of the world.

Rich T

I agree the scene was a problem for a family attraction in today's culture. But it's just weird that killing, torturing, getting drunk and burning down a town are all "acceptable" on this ride, but heaven forbid they make a crack about someone's weight? Seriously??? Okay, I can see that what's really happening here is that we don't want the real-world passenger being made to personally feel bad by a fictional ride character's words or actions. I really don't know how I'd handle this...Maybe have the Auctioneer trying to sell a captured boat or something. Something that would have some glimmer of believability.

Rich T

HMH is a travesty. People have been trying to argue for years that it's both holidays because it has pumpkins. It doesn't work that way. It's like that one guy who goes to a Halloween party dressed as Santa.
It was created to cash in on Nightmare Before Christmas' huge cult popularity with teens and young adults at the time. And now it just keeps coming back because AP holders won't stop lining up for it. Heaven forbid Disney actually leave Mansion alone and build a dedicated genuine NBC (never realized that was the acronym before!!!) ride in Fantasyland or DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom