Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolna

Oh I hear ya. I wonder if they make travel size diffusers? Then you'd never have to worry about being without.

I once bought one, but it was totally useless. The good thing is that my hair usually looks pretty decent if I just let it air dry and it is not very long, so it is a feasible option. Thanks for all the hair advise!

sweetpee_1993

I once bought one, but it was totally useless. The good thing is that my hair usually looks pretty decent if I just let it air dry and it is not very long, so it is a feasible option. Thanks for all the hair advise!
Well color me jealous. ;) My hair wants to have curl but it's not pretty curl. I'm baffled by it. Air drying = ponytail. LOL! I saw several travel dryer diffuser packages but it is hard to tell what might work. I saw the little mitt things that slip over the end of the dryer. That's an interesting concept. They're inexpensive enough I may try one. :) Good luck!

EOD K9

Palo question. My in-laws are joining us next year to help with watching my daughters. I would like to book Palo for them as a gift. is it possible to book under my room booking window, and just send them? Thanks in advance.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Palo question. My in-laws are joining us next year to help with watching my daughters. I would like to book Palo for them as a gift. is it possible to book under my room booking window, and just send them? Thanks in advance.

That should be fine! You could let Palo know once you board who is really going just so your in-laws don't have to explain when they are checking in.

Cesar R M

10 days for my trip.. I'm nervous as hell! (I just got the remind email to confirm all the papers)

now.. question time (unsure if I had asked already)
I know that in the normal restaurants, you can order more than one appetizer.
Its the same in PALO? or restricted to only one?
What about main courses in all the rotational ones? unlimited too?

I've been perusing the menus and there is so many things I want to try!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
10 days for my trip.. I'm nervous as hell! (I just got the remind email to confirm all the papers)

now.. question time (unsure if I had asked already)
I know that in the normal restaurants, you can order more than one appetizer.
Its the same in PALO? or restricted to only one?
What about main courses in all the rotational ones? unlimited too?

I've been perusing the menus and there is so many things I want to try!!

Unlimited! Occasionally you will get a server that balks a little, and at Palo I've also heard the servers politely say they have to limit to one because the chef is so busy or something similar. But usually it's not a problem and sometimes even encouraged! :)

Cesar R M

When you say "irons", you mean clothes iron, right? Please tell me I can bring my hair straightener :eek:
If I read correctly.. you can get some smaller hair "irons". And some people say you can use these for "ironing" your clothes lol!

Unlimited! Occasionally you will get a server that balks a little, and at Palo I've also heard the servers politely say they have to limit to one because the chef is so busy or something similar. But usually it's not a problem and sometimes even encouraged! :)
Thanks again Tammy!
I swear you've saved me a thousands times by now!

Bolna

I got an explanation from out head server on the last cruise as to why getting multiple starters etc are a bit of a hassle for your servers. DCL limits the number of items the servers can carry on their trays at once (I guess for health reasons). So, they do have it down to a system on how to get things out as fast as possible. If you order additional plates those take up space on the servers' trays and they have to change their system. Also, having done a galley tour on the Wonder and having seen the tiny space where the servers get the food and load up their trays, I understand why they try to be as efficient as possible. Our head server did in no way imply that this should limit you to not order what you want. We were just talking about service in general. As we were on the Panama Canal cruise which had mainly adults in the dining room he commented on how Disney is an easy cruise line for servers as they generally have to transport far less food due to the many kids at the tables. He was a great head server and always had an eye out for where servers were struggling and often was walking around serving people himself or bussing tables.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I got an explanation from out head server on the last cruise as to why getting multiple starters etc are a bit of a hassle for your servers. DCL limits the number of items the servers can carry on their trays at once (I guess for health reasons). So, they do have it down to a system on how to get things out as fast as possible. If you order additional plates those take up space on the servers' trays and they have to change their system. Also, having done a galley tour on the Wonder and having seen the tiny space where the servers get the food and load up their trays, I understand why they try to be as efficient as possible. Our head server did in no way imply that this should limit you to not order what you want. We were just talking about service in general. As we were on the Panama Canal cruise which had mainly adults in the dining room he commented on how Disney is an easy cruise line for servers as they generally have to transport far less food due to the many kids at the tables. He was a great head server and always had an eye out for where servers were struggling and often was walking around serving people himself or bussing tables.

That's a very good explanation. :)

SarahRae

A family friend of ours own a print shop and cruises with Disney regularly, and he printed us a sign for our door, but I just read that we're only supposed to use magnets on the door. The sign is backed with the same adhesive as Post-it notes, and I'm 100% sure it won't damage the door...Should I be worried about using it/getting in trouble? He says he uses them all the time.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
A family friend of ours own a print shop and cruises with Disney regularly, and he printed us a sign for our door, but I just read that we're only supposed to use magnets on the door. The sign is backed with the same adhesive as Post-it notes, and I'm 100% sure it won't damage the door...Should I be worried about using it/getting in trouble? He says he uses them all the time.

Disney has really cracked down on what people hang on their doors. I'd probably avoid it. You could just put magnets on the back of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom