Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I spoke to someone from disney cruise and she gave me the itinerary. I havnt seen anything about a halloween cruise. I AM gonna be dressed in my pirate outfit tho :)

That's a good example of different answers when you call! :)

The Halloween cruise will be great though! There's a costume contest!

Quick question, we just reserved our room through Kingdom Konsultants for our very first cruise. We are very excited! We are going in April and apparently there were only second seating options available for dinner. Is there any way to change this? Thanks!

MaryJaneP

Quick question, we just reserved our room through Kingdom Konsultants for our very first cruise. We are very excited! We are going in April and apparently there were only second seating options available for dinner. Is there any way to change this? Thanks!

We saw people asking for change in seating (move to first, move to second, whatever) as soon as people boarded ship while still at terminal. We didn't do it but were told it is first come, first served. If there is space, they seemed to accommodate switching seating.

We have had first and second seating on different trips. We enjoyed second seating more. Show first, then food, then movie/contest/whatever or bed if we were tired. Even on Pirate night, plenty of time for second seating diners to make their way onto deck before things really kicked off for party and fireworks. Also relaxed pressure on return from excursions, especially on the Med cruise. But with kids, you may be right.

Cesar R M

I'm pretty sure you can change the seating, when you login in to the disneycruiseline website with your reservation number, your name and born date.

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return

Yes. Since you booked through Kingdom Konsultants, contact your agent and she will gladly help you!

Bolna

Hairdryer question!

I have read that the Dream and the Fantasy have "real" hairdryers as compared to the one that I got to use on the Wonder. The Wonder had a wall mounted thing that really was not worthy of the name hair"dryer" as it did not dry anything!

My question though is: Do they come with diffusors? That would be brilliant!

I am thinking about bringing my own (as it is a European one which would even be useable with the 220V outlet they seem to have for the ship hairdryer), but why pack something if it is not needed.

I have to say that after some research into the outlets on the Fantasy, I am quite excited as I will get an outlet which looks just like the ones at home and gives me the 220V all my electronics want anyway! :) I think I might even be able to use the other outlets without an adapter. I guess there is an advantage to the ship having been built where I live!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hairdryer question!

I have read that the Dream and the Fantasy have "real" hairdryers as compared to the one that I got to use on the Wonder. The Wonder had a wall mounted thing that really was not worthy of the name hair"dryer" as it did not dry anything!

I am thinking about bringing my own (as it is a European one which would even be useable with the 220V outlet they seem to have for the ship hairdryer), but why pack something if it is not needed.

I have to say that after some research into the outlets on the Fantasy, I am quite excited as I will get an outlet which looks just like the ones at home and gives me the 220V all my electronics want anyway! :) I think I might even be able to use the other outlets without an adapter. I guess there is an advantage to the ship having been built where I live!

Best question ever! Lol

Yes, they do have diffusers! :)

TheMouseFan

Hairdryer question!

So you are saying that I should bring my own hairdryer when I am on the Wonder in October? I know I read somewhere else that the ones on the Wonder weren't so wonderful!!:D

fltink

When I was on the Wonder in 2013, they had real hairdryers available in the fitness center's locker room, so the one night I really needed a dryer, I went up there and used that one. Not sure if they always have them available though.

sweetpee_1993

Hairdryer question!

On a related note...just an FYI - I recently purchased a travel hair drier (made by Hair Rage) that packs a punch for such a tiny thing. Utilizes tourmaline technology to help with the frizz. Dries my hair better than my full size CHI but it's less than half the size/weight. Love it. I also got the same brand travel flat iron. Utilizes tourmaline & ceramic technology. Heats to 400F. I tried it this week also and it works very well. The flat iron does take a little more time overall to do my hair with than my full size CHI iron strictly because you have to straighten smaller sections at a time. BUT, it works and the entire length of the thing is about as long as my hand. It's kinda amazing to me.

Here's a link so you can see the set. They make other colors. I paid like maybe $35 + shipping via a sale on Zulilly.com. :happy:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
So you are saying that I should bring my own hairdryer when I am on the Wonder in October? I know I read somewhere else that the ones on the Wonder weren't so wonderful!!:D

They do not have "real" ones on the Wonder! Just the ones in the bathroom. I'm kind of the oddball though because I love those! It dries my hair fine and I don't have to dry it out in the room where the teenagers are usually trying to sleep! :)

Bolna

On a related note...just an FYI - I recently purchased a travel hair drier (made by Hair Rage) that packs a punch for such a tiny thing. Utilizes tourmaline technology to help with the frizz. Dries my hair better than my full size CHI but it's less than half the size/weight. Love it. I also got the same brand travel flat iron. Utilizes tourmaline & ceramic technology. Heats to 400F. I tried it this week also and it works very well. The flat iron does take a little more time overall to do my hair with than my full size CHI iron strictly because you have to straighten smaller sections at a time. BUT, it works and the entire length of the thing is about as long as my hand. It's kinda amazing to me.

Here's a link so you can see the set. They make other colors. I paid like maybe $35 + shipping via a sale on Zulilly.com. :happy:

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I have naturally curly hair and wear it that way, too. So, I need a diffusor (otherwise I end with far too much frizz) and don't need a straightener.

TheMouseFan

They do not have "real" ones on the Wonder! Just the ones in the bathroom. I'm kind of the oddball though because I love those! It dries my hair fine and I don't have to dry it out in the room where the teenagers are usually trying to sleep! :)
Ok, those should work fine for my short hair! I'll save the room in my suitcase for another souvenir!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom