Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Sped2424

Before being so dismissive because you don't recognize someone... you can always go back and check their post history :) Sometimes you guys need to take info in without the need to bash/praise the source so much.
Or i could let their word speak for itself. If it turns out to be the truth I will gladly accept it. But I am allowed to be fishy of someone's word. However esteemed they are on here.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Or i could let their word speak for itself. If it turns out to be the truth I will gladly accept it. But I am allowed to be fishy of someone's word. However esteemed they are on here.

Posts like 'and who are you??' aren't exactly passive and friendly. Posters have histories, sometimes its best to sit back and absorb rather than stepping up on stage and trying to challenge everything.

Sped2424

Posts like 'and who are you??' aren't exactly passive and friendly. Posters have histories, sometimes its best to sit back and absorb rather than stepping up on stage and trying to challenge everything.
I was never unfriendly, just wary. And If you're passive for anything then you just end up accepting whatever someone says. If he is right he has no reason to be upset, and neither would you. Simple as that. Also I am not the only one skeptical here, perhaps you focus on some other folks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Before being so dismissive because you don't recognize someone... you can always go back and check their post history :) Sometimes you guys need to take info in without the need to bash/praise the source so much.

I don't know about others, but I did go back and check the post history as I normally do when someone posts "insider information". In this case a quick review of past posts didn't provide enough information to verify the poster's credentials.

Kman101

Why exactly does this bother you so much? Just curious. I notice you tend to 'call out', or in your words, challenge certain posters. How about taking your own advice? Honestly, you don't come off very friendly at all around this board.

Zac Skellington

I don't know about others, but I did go back and check the post history as I normally do when someone posts "insider information". In this case a quick review of past posts didn't provide enough information to verify the poster's credentials.
I believe many other trusted insiders have said the very same thing about this referb.
Besides, you're the "permit guy". Have we seen any permits for foundation, footings, steel, or infrastructure to the north or east of the Norway Pavilion? That work should have been going on while the ride was still operational. Confirmed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe many other trusted insiders have said the very same thing about this referb.
Besides, you're the "permit guy". Have we seen any permits for foundation, footings, steel, or infrastructure to the north or east of the Norway Pavilion? That work should have been going on while the ride was still operational. Confirmed.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree with the op's statement, just questioning what his source was for the info. We have had far to many people come on this board and just start throwing around information that turns out to be baseless to not have at least some skepticism of inside information. As for the permits, there was one filed for the project which would cover everything from just a refurb of the current ride up to and including and expansion into the space next to it.

Zac Skellington

As I mentioned earlier, I agree with the op's statement, just questioning what his source was for the info. We have had far to many people come on this board and just start throwing around information that turns out to be baseless to not have at least some skepticism of inside information. As for the permits, there was one filed for the project which would cover everything from just a refurb of the current ride up to and including and expansion into the space next to it.
More than just power to trailers? Like I said, real expansion work, (If any is to be included) should have started a long time ago. Unless of course there has been a "Mine Train" style change of plan.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
More than just power to trailers? Like I said, real expansion work, (If any is to be included) should have started a long time ago. Unless of course there has been a "Mine Train" style change of plan.

The permit documentation we get to see is very non-specific. What I have seen could easily cover an expansion to the ride. Again, I am no trying to argue that it is happening, I fully believe that there will be no, or just minor changes to the ride system, it's just that we can't point to the permits as evidence that it's not going to expand.

spiritofNorway

From what I know theres not going to be any expansion of the building itself.

The Norway Club (conference center) is staying. Its now used as a break area and office for the workers along with the regular management team offices.

The expansion will be done in what used to be the load room and possibly into the North Sea-scene to expand que area, which will be in the old theater. Its sad that they wont use the old theater as a preshow room with a great new movie of Norway before the ride ala the Great Movie Ride.

Norway offered this movie to Disney for free. Disney wouldnt take it unless they got the full rights to it. So Norway offered Disney to get all the raw material from the filming to edit as they wanted, Disney still said no...

aladdin2007

The Norway Club (conference center) is staying. Its now used as a break area and office for the workers along with the regular management team offices.

The expansion will be done in what used to be the load room and possibly into the North Sea-scene to expand que area, which will be in the old theater. Its sad that they wont use the old theater as a preshow room with a great new movie of Norway before the ride ala the Great Movie Ride.

Norway offered this movie to Disney for free. Disney wouldnt take it unless they got the full rights to it. So Norway offered Disney to get all the raw material from the filming to edit as they wanted, Disney still said no...

yep spot on! Disney also wanted to create their own movie and charge a whopping amount, Norway said no to that. Can't blame them.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That video is totally inappropriate for the pavilion.....

I don't see Anna or Elsa anywhere in it! ;)

Mike S

Now that's a movie that fits in Epcot. Beautiful. Disney really is stupid to turn down a free offer.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why exactly does this bother you so much?

Decorum

And challenging what you say is part of the discussion... Not 'and who are you?' Posts.

Common sense says when someone is discussing insider info... 'Who are you' posts aren't going to result in a direct answer. Understand if they are parroting or posting their own info.

Many times you'll learn more by just listening vs challenging. Timing snd tact seem to be lost here

flynnibus

Premium Member
In this case a quick review of past posts didn't provide enough information to verify the poster's credentials.

I didn't say you had to believe him... But something's are just better left unsaid.

Just like if someone were to simply post "I don't like what you said" after every post they didn't agree with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom