Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So while it may seem like Stitch-levels of oversaturation to you, demand is definitely more than there for the Frozen girls... way more than it ever was for Stitch, despite him being plastered everywhere.

The demand is definitely there and it far outweighs the attraction Disney is making for it. You also make a good point in comparing the dollar amounts Stitch brought in compared to Frozen. Now compare the attractions they each got. Disney essentially did the exact same thing for Frozen as they did with Stitch despite the huge difference in profit they made. Take an old ride and slap on some new paint, new narration and new animatronics and call it a day. At least Stitchs ride fits thematically without having to rely on vague assumptions.

Sad thing is, Frozen fans dont even care that they are getting short changed. They would rather take this overlay instead of waiting a few years for a proper attraction in a proper land. Theyre too busy soiling their underoos to even make a valid point as to why Disney should take this route...oh wait, I forgot, Disney is out to make money and World Showcase is boring to them, thats all they got.

(I shouldnt even have to add this but its become necessary. Its not about saving Maelstrom, its about Disney taking the cheapest way out for a movie thats made over $1 billion dollars and counting)

Kman101

The demand is definitely there and it far outweighs the attraction Disney is making for it. You also make a good point in comparing the dollar amounts Stitch brought in compared to Frozen. Now compare the attractions they each got. Disney essentially did the exact same thing for Frozen as they did with Stitch despite the huge difference in profit they made. Take an old ride and slap on some new paint, new narration and new animatronics and call it a day. At least Stitchs ride fits thematically without having to rely on vague assumptions.

Sad thing is, Frozen fans dont even care that they are getting short changed. They would rather take this overlay instead of waiting a few years for a proper attraction in a proper land. Theyre too busy soiling their underoos to even make a valid point as to why Disney should take this route...oh wait, I forgot, Disney is out to make money and World Showcase is boring to them, thats all they got.

(I shouldnt even have to add this but its become necessary. Its not about saving Maelstrom, its about Disney taking the cheapest way out for a movie thats made over $1 billion dollars and counting)

Really couldn't have said it better

Matt_Black

And it's really not hard to guesstimate that TDO won't change the entire layout. Why even spend the money? We know how they operate. Even if the ride impresses the masses, we know they took the cheaper option no matter what.

It's easy to criticize financial decisions and call them "cheap" when it's not your money at stake.

Kman101

It's easy to criticize financial decisions and call them "cheap" when it's not your money at stake.

So shoving Frozen into an existing attraction instead of building an impressive land for it isn't the cheaper option?

Come on. Stop getting offended over Frozen. Do you know the money they're spending? No. Neither do I. Let's see what they do.

Matt_Black

So shoving Frozen into an existing attraction instead of building an impressive land for it isn't the cheaper option?

Come on. Stop getting offended over Frozen. Do you know the money they're spending? No. Neither do I. Let's see what they do.

Please don't put words in my mouth. My response had nothing to do with Frozen or taking offense. Many on these boards like to criticize what Disney does with their money (like the folks who thought Disney making a charitable donation of $3 million was being stingy), and that's akin to me, an avowed couch potato, criticizing an athlete's training regimen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom