Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Please don't put words in my mouth. My response had nothing to do with Frozen or taking offense. Many on these boards like to criticize what Disney does with their money (like the folks who thought Disney making a charitable donation of $3 million was being stingy), and that's akin to me, an avowed couch potato, criticizing an athlete's training regimen.

But I am sure you will find plenty of couch potatoes on sports message boards criticizing an athlete's training regimen. This is a Disney parks fan site, nothing wrong with us expressing our opinion of how we feel Disney should be spending their money.

Kman101

Please don't put words in my mouth. My response had nothing to do with Frozen or taking offense. Many on these boards like to criticize what Disney does with their money (like the folks who thought Disney making a charitable donation of $3 million was being stingy), and that's akin to me, an avowed couch potato, criticizing an athlete's training regimen.

I guess we're looking at "cheap" differently. I don't mean spending 75 mil on a Frozen overlay compared to say 25 mil.

I explained why I think it's the cheaper option. Doesn't mean they aren't spending way more than they should on it.

Kman101

But I am sure you will find plenty of couch potatoes on sports message boards criticizing an athlete's training regimen. This is a Disney parks fan site, nothing wrong with us expressing our opinion of how we feel Disney should be spending their money.

Thank you. Not sure what my post did to Matt this morning? I'm not saying what many others haven't already said. And Orlando Theme Park News has stated there were three options for the overlay, and from what I can tell based on very little inside info, it's the cheaper overlay option they're going with. Clearly that upsets him?

Matt_Black

Thank you. Not sure what my post did to Matt this morning? I'm not saying what many others haven't already said. And Orlando Theme Park News has stated there were three options for the overlay, and from what I can tell based on very little inside info, it's the cheaper overlay option they're going with. Clearly that upsets him?

When I'm upset, you'll know. I was criticizing your criticism. Surely that is welcome on a discussion forum, yes?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When I'm upset, you'll know. I was criticizing your criticism. Surely that is welcome on a discussion forum, yes?

But by your logic no criticism of Disney would be fair, because in the end pretty much every decision traces back to money. I will be waiting for you to call out every person who posts something negative about Disney from this point on.

Matt_Black

But by your logic no criticism of Disney would be fair, because in the end pretty much every decision traces back to money. I will be waiting for you to call out every person who posts something negative about Disney from this point on.

Why not just ask me to clean out the Stables of Augeas while you're at it, since we're assigning Herculean tasks?

RSoxNo1

It's also very easy to call something a cheaper option when it objectively is. An overlay of a current attraction will almost always be cheaper than an entirely new attraction due to substantially decreased R&D and overhead costs.
It will also typically be a lateral move at best.

Sped2424

With that said, I don't actually disagree with the op, I suspect that he is correct and the only ride layout change will be in the load/unload.
Yeah I get that. But at the same time we all can make that guesstimation and pretend the "powers that be" told us. When really we all know TDO isn't going to do that much or spend much to alter the ride.

aladdin2007

Yeah I get that. But at the same time we all can make that guesstimation and pretend the "powers that be" told us. When really we all know TDO isn't going to do that much or spend much to alter the ride.

True TDO wouldn't, but at least the budget was increased (from the top, burbank) during planning. Originally it was smaller.
While all involved are mum still, Im going to guess that it is true part of the load will indeed be a new scene, while that rest of that original large queue space may be repurposed/rebuilt/redesigned for the meetngreet, just a hunch.
Norway is still nicely decorated for Christmas thankfully in spite of the back part closed off.

Sped2424

True TDO wouldn't, but at least the budget was increased (from the top, burbank) during planning. Originally it was smaller.
While all involved are mum still, Im going to guess that it is true part of the load will indeed be a new scene, while that rest of that original large queue space may be repurposed/rebuilt/redesigned for the meetngreet, just a hunch.
Norway is still nicely decorated for Christmas thankfully in spite of the back part closed off.
Ah where was that stated? :0

Captain Chaos

Why not just ask me to clean out the Stables of Augeas while you're at it, since we're assigning Herculean tasks?
Matt, was this you on Thanksgiving?

augeanstables1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom