Disney College Program -- Fall 2014

spenser shults

@BrittanyEarnsHerEars thank you! Your blog has really helped, I cant wait till tomorrow! I really want to work on the Jungle Cruise, Its my favorite ride, Is my interviewer going to ask what ride I want? or is there going to be an opportunity to tell them?

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
@BrittanyEarnsHerEars thank you! Your blog has really helped, I cant wait till tomorrow! I really want to work on the Jungle Cruise, Its my favorite ride, Is my interviewer going to ask what ride I want? or is there going to be an opportunity to tell them?
I think that just depends on the interviewer for whether or not they would ask specific locations. For both of my phone interviewers I was asked for my top 3 roles. During this past interview I was also asked why those are my top 3 roles, so I used this question to elaborate on how my work experience would transfer to those roles. I said that my top choice was Vacation Planner, so I explained that my job now has similar duties with the way we sell tickets and have sales goals. I think if you really want Jungle Cruise you should try to answer the question kind of like that, like see if there is a way that you could relate past work experience to that role. I told my interviewer that Attractions was my third choice, and she asked a follow up question about if I felt comfortable speaking in front of large groups and if I've had experience doing that, so answering that question may work to your advantage. For my first interview in 2011, I was asked about specific work locations but for the last one I had I was not. I meant to ask the interviewer if I could request specific locations, but I forgot to. I guess I was just flustered and didn't remember to ask that when she asked if I had any questions. I've heard of plenty of other people though who have asked if they could request specific locations, so I'm sure you could mention it in an interview-- it definitely wouldn't hurt. If you're set on the Jungle Cruise, I would probably say that Attractions is your first choice and bring up the Jungle Cruise specifically then rather than bringing it up at the end of the interview.

goatninjajw29

Hey Guys!

I had my phone interview on the 17th. I know it normally takes about 2-3 weeks to get an update... but has anyone gotten an update yet... I haven't seen anywhere if anyone has been accepted yet.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Hey there! No one has been accepted yet as far as I can tell. When someone gets accepted the Facebook group will go crazy and we'll all know lol. This is the worst wait ever! Last time I was accepted 2 days after my interview, so I'm pretty much going crazy now, haha.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Someone has been accepted on the Facebook group, so acceptance emails have started to come out! Hopefully we'll all hear back soon. Good luck everyone! :)

javy2004

I got accepted a little over 48 hours from my phone interview on the 24th!! I didn't expect such a quick response, but my interview went really well and I'm so excited for August to come!

javy2004

really disappointed to see they offered me quick service. it wasn't discussed very much in my interview and I've worked nearly 10 years in restaurants, including 5 seasons at a six flags doing quick service. I don't know if I can call the number on the offer to see if they can offer me something different :(

joanna71985

If you had it selected at all on the application, there was always a chance of it being picked (because QSFB needs a lot of people). Unfortunately there is a very slight chance of being able to change roles

javy2004

man!! I will call the number on the offer and get more info. thanks and good luck to all still awaiting word on an offer

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I would just like to point out that while waiting for an acceptance email I received 4 emails from other Disney things in a row, and then an email reminding me how much debt I have from student loans. (Oh and I still haven't gotten an acceptance email.) So that was my day yesterday lol.

darthspielberg

I would just like to point out that while waiting for an acceptance email I received 4 emails from other Disney things in a row, and then an email reminding me how much debt I have from student loans. (Oh and I still haven't gotten an acceptance email.) So that was my day yesterday lol.

This has been my experience for about a week. I get like 20 Disney branded emails, so seeing Disney pop up always make me go "ahhh!" and then it's just the Disney Store or something.

darthspielberg

I just had Disney College Program Recruiting send me an email...to let me know that auditions are just around the corner. A well meaning email at the worst possible time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom