Disney College Program -- Fall 2014

YodaMan

Please help! I recently got accepted in to the Disney College Program and finally paid my initial fees this evening, and was prompted to select my start date for the program. As I was offered a role in Attractions, the only date that is currently available is May 12, which directly interferes with my graduation from college and is a date on which I physically am not able to begin the program. What are my options in this situation? Are there any other dates at all from which I can choose? If I don't take action by 11:01 AM EST tomorrow, my offer will be rescinded, so hopefully I can resolve this quickly. As it's after hours, I have not been able to reach anyone by phone or email. Is there a resolution to this? Do I simply not get to do the program?

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Please help! I recently got accepted in to the Disney College Program and finally paid my initial fees this evening, and was prompted to select my start date for the program. As I was offered a role in Attractions, the only date that is currently available is May 12, which directly interferes with my graduation from college and is a date on which I physically am not able to begin the program. What are my options in this situation? Are there any other dates at all from which I can choose? If I don't take action by 11:01 AM EST tomorrow, my offer will be rescinded, so hopefully I can resolve this quickly. As it's after hours, I have not been able to reach anyone by phone or email. Is there a resolution to this? Do I simply not get to do the program?
I would call them before 11 AM tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they can change it but I'm not entirely sure how all of that works. If you call they can help you.

KatieNichols

I applied February 23rd and had my phone interview March 5th. A few days after that I received an email saying my status was pending, is anyone else pending? They said I should hear back by April 18th. I know to be patient but it would be nice to talk to someone who's in the same position! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted

MagicJacquelina

Hi Everyone!! I applied for DCP a day before the deadline and I had my phone interview on Mar.31 aka. this passed Monday. Still waiting to hear back from Disney, and I am super nervous. Try to be patient.. Just want to talk to people here. =)

KittyCroc

Hi Everyone!! I applied for DCP a day before the deadline and I had my phone interview on Mar.31 aka. this passed Monday. Still waiting to hear back from Disney, and I am super nervous. Try to be patient.. Just want to talk to people here. =)
Hi, Magic!

I thought I was the only one who had an interview on the last day! I had my interview bright and early, and I am still waiting for a response. ( I keep checking my Dashboard every day)
Good luck to everyone and remember;
"Everything will be all right in the end, and if it's not all right, it's not the end."

MagicJacquelina

Hi, Magic!

I thought I was the only one who had an interview on the last day! I had my interview bright and early, and I am still waiting for a response. ( I keep checking my Dashboard every day)
Good luck to everyone and remember;
"Everything will be all right in the end, and if it's not all right, it's not the end."

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one, yes I've been checking my dashboard once an hour whenever I am awake, and I even dreamed about it for a couple nights since my phone interview, both good or bad dreams..
Let's cross our fingers and wish the best outcome for the results!!! =)

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I want to sign up for classes, but I'm still waiting for registration to open (because I'm doing the Fall program). I also want to take Exploring Guest Service, and Disney Heritage.

CaptainShortty

Hey everyone!! Congrats on getting accepted into the Disney College Program!! I'm a DCP Alum (Hospitality - Spring 2010) and was also a Management Intern (Front Desk), Professional Intern (Weddings) and Campus Rep so if you have any questions, feel free to throw them my way and I'd be more than happy to answer them the best I can.

Congrats again and we'll see you down here soon! =)

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Hey everyone!! Congrats on getting accepted into the Disney College Program!! I'm a DCP Alum (Hospitality - Spring 2010) and was also a Management Intern (Front Desk), Professional Intern (Weddings) and Campus Rep so if you have any questions, feel free to throw them my way and I'd be more than happy to answer them the best I can.

Congrats again and we'll see you down here soon! =)
I don't know if you would know this, but I'm really interested in the weddings internships, and I'm worried about the GPA requirements. In the job description the last time I saw a wedding internship posted, it said that you needed a 3.0. I have a 2.7. (Not to make excuses for myself here, but I'm not a bad student. I work 4 jobs to pay for everything school related, so I know I don't study as much as I should.) I'm just wondering if you think I'll get automatically NLIC'ed with my GPA the way is?

mrsloki

I want to apply for the 2015 program, but one huge *issue* I'm married and my spouse and I don't want to be away from each other that long. I'd be coming from BC Canada, so not easy to just hop on a plane.
Is there any other married people doing this? How do you work things out? I was told I'd have to be on campus housing, but if he gets temp work and a temp job, I'm wondering if that would work.

Also, as I'm just starting to think things thru (MAJOR life/career change) I know Disney is strict on tatooes, but what else?

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Just wanted to drop by and say that I did not get the PI I applied for back in February. Its all good though, probably for the best. I'm excited to be returning in 37 days for my second CP!
PI's are so hard to get! haha I applied to 2 of them, the collections curator one and one of the Yellow Shoes Copywriter ones, both went to In Progress but that was it. Did you have any interviews at least? I emailed them for feedback about why I wasn't considered for the curator one, but I got a pretty generic response, so I don't know if they only give feedback for people who have had interviews--that might have been it. Anyways, you're right, doing another CP will be really exciting! I still have 93 more days until I leave haha.

CaptainShortty

I don't know if you would know this, but I'm really interested in the weddings internships, and I'm worried about the GPA requirements. In the job description the last time I saw a wedding internship posted, it said that you needed a 3.0. I have a 2.7. (Not to make excuses for myself here, but I'm not a bad student. I work 4 jobs to pay for everything school related, so I know I don't study as much as I should.) I'm just wondering if you think I'll get automatically NLIC'ed with my GPA the way is?

It's not a complete deciding factor but it will be put into consideration and would likely place you NLIC because of how competitive the internship is. Since they take only 6 interns over a few thousand applications, if you don't meet all of the qualifications for the position you won't likely be considered for an interview. If you are interested in doing a PI, I would definitely consider doing the CP first. It's a great way to network and meet people in the field that you're hoping to apply in so when your application comes across their desk, they've already heard your name and know who you are. The CP does a great job of giving you networking opportunities and career development that were WONDERFUL for me in my Disney career. I would never be where I am today if it wasn't for the people I met and then things I did while on my CP.

Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

AllydoesDisney

Hi everyone! I haven't posted for a while on this thread but I just wanted to share if anyone sees it, I am here on my DCP now and I will be working at Art of Animation at the Food Court! I am very excited!!! If anyone on here will be staying at Art of Animation between now and the beginning of January, be sure to stop and say hi!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom