DHS New "Flex" Theater

JohnD

Does anyone appreciate the irony of Disney building a new "flex space" for events in a park that is rife with vacant spaces just waiting to be "flexed" into something?

Oh, TDO... this is why we love you.

Yes, it's ironic now. But clearly, they are freeing up the south side of the park for something else to come, rumored to be Star Wars land.

Progress.City

I searched all the so-called claims to leaked DHS expansion plans over the years to see if any have a specific purpose for that plot of land. I found one that specifically mentions that plot.

image.jpg

This was dated 2012, but you know how Disney keeps evolving their plans, keeping elements, deleting some, and changing others.

In the above, the lot is used for storage for Red Trolly. Just like at DCA, they would run down Sunset Blvd. Maybe the DHS version will have its loading area at the new building and maybe a show element inside the building as well?

Last edited:

Ignohippo

I searched all the so-called claims to leaked DHS expansion plans over the years to see if any have a specific purpose for that plot of land. I found one that specifically mentions that plot.

View attachment 90468

This was dated 2012, but you know how Disney keeps evolving their plans, keeping elements, deleting some, and changing others.

In the above, the lot is used for storage for Red Trolly. Just like at DCA, they would run down Sunset Blvd. Maybe the DHS version will have its loading area at the new building and maybe a show element inside the building as well?

Once again, you're stretching it.

Lee

Adventurer

View attachment 90468

No.
They aren't building a trolley barn. It's a theater space. For shows, exhibits, etc.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Yes, it's ironic now. But clearly, they are freeing up the south side of the park for something else to come, rumored to be Star Wars land.
Could they re-located Streets of America somewhere else in the park to keep the Osborne Lights around? That would be prime real estate fir a Star Wars expansion.

Ignohippo

Could they re-located Streets of America somewhere else in the park to keep the Osborne Lights around? That would be prime real estate fir a Star Wars expansion.

Your idea is fantastic, and something I hadn't thought of before. It would certainly be very easy to move and would make an outstanding Monstropolis with minimal changes.

I doubt the whole thing would go, but it's conceivable a block or two could move over to Pixar Place to make Monstropolis.

If they don't do something like that, I could see (and have heard it's a very good possibility) the Osbourne Lights moving to some of the new multi-story buildings in Disney Springs. It would certainly bring crowds to the new retailers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom