DHS New "Flex" Theater

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This has been discussed elsewhere but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

Back on 3/26 this permit was filed. Contractor is H o a r Construction and it has the default one year expiration.

854 Sunset Blvd - DHS Flex Space

Initially I wasn't sure what this was going to be, but @SeaCastle provided some more info...

"Found some plans filed recently for a DHS black box theater "flex space" on the parking lot between RnRollercoaster and Tower of Terror."

2ueplwp.png

I am assuming it is going here, still waiting for @SeaCastle to confirm...

capture-jpg.90390

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@twebber55
Its a theater designed in such a way that lighting/sound...even seating and stage...can be quickly converted between different layouts, allowing the venue to host a variety of styles of events.

Google Gala Systems. They are a big name in that business, iirc.

In fact, I wouldnt be shocked at all if that is who Disney contracted for the interior setup.

PhotoDave219

What is the Premiere Theater? Is that where Beauty and the Beast plays?
Am I dumb for not knowing where the Premiere Theater is?

That is the old Hunchback theatre, right behind Muppets and behind the San Francisco facade on Streets of America.

Its where Anna and Elsa had their sing-a-long. Its also where Star Wars Weekends holds its main stage shows.

RayTheFirefly

That is the old Hunchback theatre, right behind Muppets and behind the San Francisco facade on Streets of America.

Its where Anna and Elsa had their sing-a-long. Its also where Star Wars Weekends holds its main stage shows.
Oh, ok. Wikimapia has it labeled "Backlot Theater." I never really go to that side of the park :oops:.

doctornick

My guess is Premiere is going away and they need a venue for high school bands to still play in.

Certainly would make sense. Also, aren't there events booked at the Indy stunt show theater (cheerleading competitions, etc.)? I wonder if this theater could be used for those types of things, freeing up the IJ theater to be demo'ed earlier than otherwise possible for Star Wars stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom