D23 Expo 2015

TalkingHead

So they closed the Animation building, Backlot Tour, and the Jack Sparrow show. Plus OMD, LMA, VOTL, Indy and possibly Muppets are closing in the near future. And you're telling me all we're getting is 2 rides from Star Wars and 2 Toy Story rides to replace all that has closed? Even if these two lands are amazing it still seems incredibly underwhelming.

Agreed, what happened to the daytime show for the Fantasmic Theater or the replacement for BATB? DHS ought to be priced half-off for the next five years. It sounds like a complete joke of a park.

BrerJon

So they closed the Animation building, Backlot Tour, and the Jack Sparrow show. Plus OMD, LMA, VOTL, Indy and possibly Muppets are closing in the near future. And you're telling me all we're getting is 2 rides from Star Wars and 2 Toy Story rides to replace all that has closed? Even if these two lands are amazing it still seems incredibly underwhelming.

Animation should be reopened within a year as the Star Wars Launch Bay (AKA Blue Sky Cellar), so at least we'll get something new in the short term!

Sped2424

Well, maybe will look forward when they have this one in November...
031615_D23-Expo-Japan-2015-feat-1.1.jpg

I won't hold my breath for any other announcements..But, you never know...
I'd imagine that's all Tokyo announcements considering how brief the tokyo section was lol

CaptainAmerica

Based on the few details provided, I can't jump to the same conclusion. Also, I assume we're talking about projects that are going to be spaced out over the next half decade. That put a cap on my excitement.
Everyone forgets Avatar when they talk time line. Yes, things announced today will take awhile but things announced a few years ago are almost here. I agree that it's a looong pipeline but there's a ton in it.

Kman101

Can we at least get some dish on the "infrastructure" changes to DHS? I'm not saying the new lands aren't going to be amazing and quality additions but this park seriously needs more.

Figments Friend

Wow....just exited the Parks & Resorts panel and i am really glad I was able to get in.
I won't post the big news, or highlights...I am sure folks have already posted those things here already.
It was great.
God bless Joe Rhode...his enthusiasm was awesome.

Being surprised by James Cameron (I'm a fan) and the legendary Stan Lee was epic.
A real wow moment.
The crowd went crazy for Stan.

I left with tears in my eyes as the musical finale acknowledged Cast Members who were all paraded out on stage like a gospel choir.
I really like to see Cast get honored for what they do.
Really nice presentation.

-

Crazydisneyfanluke

Can we at least get some dish on the "infrastructure" changes to DHS? I'm not saying the new lands aren't going to be amazing and quality additions but this park seriously needs more.
As stated before: New parking garage, parking entrance and exit, Relocating backstage infrastructure.
Edit: Just realized what you meant.
There are supposedly refurbishments and updates to existing attractions. It seems like some of the park will need to be re themed to not have the Studios look (Streets of America)

lebeau

Everyone forgets Avatar when they talk time line. Yes, things announced today will take awhile but things announced a few years ago are almost here. I agree that it's a looong pipeline but there's a ton in it.

I didn't forget Avatar. I've just been living with it for what seems like half a decade and it's still a couple years off. We just now got a name. And, meh, it's Avatar. It won't bring me back to WDW. I won't see it until Star Wars opens and even then, I'm not sure Avatar will be enough to make me go back to Animal Kingdom.

It's a long pipeline. There's stuff in it. A few of those things interest me, but definitely not a ton.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Chill out cap I don't know why you are trying to argue with everyone in this forum that is disagreeing with you. If DHS didn't need the help none of this would be going on.
It's the over-the-top rhetoric like the sky is falling. You paint a dire picture of DHS that's wholly inaccurate.

Frankly, there are several posters here who complain about every single thing Disney does or doesn't do. They're not fans, they're trolls. I don't include you in that group but their shtick is getting real old. It shouldn't be the case that I'm the one who is labeled negative or argumentative because I actually LIKE what Disney is doing... you know, on this Disney fan site.

SirLink

People however expect major additions to all four parks at the same time not a conveyor belt approach of MK, EPCOT, DHS, DAK and waiting four years per park before anything major, that increases NET attractions, is added.

CaptainAmerica

People however expect major additions to all four parks at the same time not a conveyor belt approach of MK, EPCOT, DHS, DAK and waiting four years per park before anything major, that increases NET attractions, is added.
The days of increasing net attractions are over. There's more than enough for a family (WDW's target guests) to entertain themselves for a week. Growing beyond a one-week destination makes zero strategic or financial sense because the vast majority of visitors will never stay for that long. "New" is going to mean replacements and upgrades, pretty much now until forever.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
My timeline thoughts...

The details of each announcements should give you an idea on where they are in the process.

For Toy Story, the art work is pretty detailed in terms of actual attractions. It seems that they have a layout of the coaster plus the theme somewhat figured out. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they are close to starting construction. Realistically, I think late 2017/ early 2018.

Star Wars seemed vague to me. It sounds like they will do some sort of Millennium Falcon attraction, but I am not sure if they have figured out what that will entail. I would be surprised if this opened in 2020.

CaptainAmerica

No, they didn't mention that. Gotta leave something for the next D23.

They announced the name of Pandoraland. World of Pandora or something. I don't know. Excitement cap and all that.

I mean "Yippee Star Wars!"
Pandora: The World of Avatar. Way better than "Cars Land," IMO. Did Star Wars get a name?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom