D23 Expo 2015

JEANYLASER

Those things would be nice, but realistically:

1.) Brief Star Wars details/time frame for both coasts.

2.) Marvel at DL.

3.) Generic DHS News (new name, Pixar place)

4.) Avatar details.

5.) Brief Frozen details.

Hoping for more though!

I didn't hear anything about the new name for DHS? I was Disappointed that I Didn't heard any news about the New Name for DHS!

TalkingHead

at the earliest of earliests i would say 2019/2020. but that's being super optimistic. they announced avatar land almost 4 years ago, this will honestly probably be a 6 year project. they kept reiterating how long it would take during the keynote today

Hate to say it (not really), but Universal will have replaced one full park with new attractions by 2021. In which case, Star Wars Land will do as much good for Universal as it will for WDW.

Lee

Adventurer
The lack of an opening date for Star Wars Land should give pause to any levelheaded fan.

Are we talking before 2020?
No sooner that 2020, I'm told.

That is hella lame .... also it looks like they are still myopic as always. At least announce multiple Pixar themed lands, announce a new Indy Land or something cool.

Expected ... stagnant ... boring. The modern Disney in three words...
I disagree. It's a ton of stuff, all well-funded.
Impressive if one is being realistic.
Iron Man to where Star Tours is and Star Wars Land to DCA?
No. New Marvel themed ride in DCA.
(Unless they go nuts and do the third gate...)

jme

Billion dollar redo is is toys + amazing star wars land I guess. Even so Is that enough to save the park? I still don't think so.
Star Wars alone is enough to save the park. Toy Story is just icing on the cake. Toy story adds 2 more family friendly rides to a park that only has 1. Star Wars bringing another 2 rides (at least one E ticket) and doing away with a bunch of stale, waste-of-space, stuff. This is on top of updated Fantasmic, ToT, RnRC, etc.
Whenever these projects are done (2020?) this park will be doing just fine.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, maybe will look forward when they have this one in November...
031615_D23-Expo-Japan-2015-feat-1.1.jpg

I won't hold my breath for any other announcements..But, you never know...

spectromagic04

So they closed the Animation building, Backlot Tour, and the Jack Sparrow show. Plus OMD, LMA, VOTL, Indy and possibly Muppets are closing in the near future. And you're telling me all we're getting is 2 rides from Star Wars and 2 Toy Story rides to replace all that has closed? Even if these two lands are amazing it still seems incredibly underwhelming.

SirLink

No sooner that 2020, I'm told.

I disagree. It's a ton of stuff, all well-funded.
Impressive if one is being realistic.

No. New Marvel themed ride in DCA.
(Unless they go nuts and do the third gate...)

All projects should be well funded it serves to keep the individual brands strong, not enough for DHS. That is not a redo on any way the same level of scale as I was expecting for $2.8bn. So the question now is does LMA stay around for yet another decade? Does Cat Canyon sit rotting away in Florida sunlight...

Sped2424

Star Wars alone is enough to save the park. Toy Story is just icing on the cake. Toy story adds 2 more family friendly rides to a park that only has 1. Star Wars bringing another 2 rides (at least one E ticket) and doing away with a bunch of stale, waste-of-space, stuff. This is on top of updated Fantasmic, ToT, RnRC, etc.
Whenever these projects are done (2020?) this park will be doing just fine.
I just don't think so considering to build that massive star wars land a lot of current attractions (Shows etc) have to close. Idk I just expected at least one more thing for dhs.

lebeau

Cars land exceeds Toy Story but Star Wars exceeds Cars land, IMO. So net Cars land times two.

Based on the few details provided, I can't jump to the same conclusion. Also, I assume we're talking about projects that are going to be spaced out over the next half decade. That put a cap on my excitement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom