D23 Expo 2015

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club presents the D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center the weekend of August 14–16, 2015.

The D23 Expo is the ultimate Disney fan event, created to honor and celebrate your love of all things Disney,” Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger told shareholders and D23 Members at the Company’s Annual Shareholders Meeting today in Portland, Oregon. “And we hope to see you there.”

The fourth event promises to be the biggest ever, following the success of D23 Expo 2013,which drew more than 65,000 Disney fans for three star-studded days and nights. Fans were treated to appearances by such superstars as Angelina Jolie, Chris Evans, Billy Crystal, Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston; watched performances by Idina Menzel and R5 featuring Ross Lynch; enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime concert from Disney Legends Alan Menken and Richard M. Sherman; explored the inner workings of Walt Disney Imagineering; looked back at Disney’s rich history through extraordinary panels, presentations and exhibits; and discovered the newest entertainment, technology and products from The Walt Disney Company.

Highlights planned for D23 Expo 2015 include the 2015 Disney Legends Ceremony, which honors the talented men and women who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy; Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives, a collection of one-of-a-kind assets, props and costumes curated by the Walt Disney Archives; and the Collectors Forum, where Disney fans can buy, sell and trade Disney collectibles, memorabilia and merchandise. Once again the event will feature a massive show floor full of special opportunities to see what’s on the horizon for Disney around the world—and guests may run into their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers. Plus, the event will once again feature StagePass, the popular ticket distribution system that allows attendees to obtain a guaranteed seat for some of the Expo’s most popular presentations.

Advance tickets for D23 Expo 2015 will go on sale at D23Expo.com beginning August 14, 2014. D23 Members will receive special pricing on both one- and three-day tickets to the event, which is open to the general public. D23 Gold and Silver Members will also be entitled to early admission to the Expo show floor. D23 Charter Members will enjoy access to the Expo’s Charter Member Lounge. Members will also have an opportunity to purchase the Sorcerer Package, which provides a host of special benefits and amenities.

TP2000

The Anaheim Convention Center just announced a new expansion along Katella Avenue that begins this fall and will be completed the fall of 2016. The next D23 Expo will occur in the middle of that expansion, so access to/from the parks and Downtown Disney on Katella will be impacted from D23 Expo.

Let's hope they do more than just "hint" at stuff this time, and they show actual new rides and lands and park concepts that have been greenlit.

TEAM Dasia

What about Tokyo D23. heck the TokyoD23 was sold out and merchandise were all sold out in just 2 hours and it was even in lottery system many fans were expecting another D23 in Tokyo.

ABQ

Have any of you who are members received the spring issue of d23 mag yet?
Last I got was the one featuring It's a Small World. Is that the spring issue or earlier? I moved so I would not be surprised if it was a very late Winter issue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the predictions of the discontinuation of this event prove to be false. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked.

It's been almost 5 years and no sign of Disney getting the Marvel rights back from Uni. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked!

As I've said repeatedly, Uni, or whoever ends up owning Uni will retheme MI sooner than later.

As for Marvel in the WDW parks, you will see that within 2 to 3 years. Nobody I saw on the boards suggested it would be immediate.

I do laugh at how you condescend to everyone here however. It's like a running gag line. :lol:

Kevo

I don't think that D23 can let park fans down as badly as it did last year.
The only possible excuse for a weak offering in August 2015 would be that Disney would hopefully have revealed some big changes at HS and Epcot in particular over the coming months.

Disney Springs will no doubt be a big part of the 'reveal' at D23, but lets hope that great news for the parks comes sooner!

Last edited:

TP2000

Disney Springs will no doubt be a big part of the 'reveal' at D23, but lets hope that great news for the parks comes sooner!

August, 2015 is almost 18 months from now. The Disney Springs remodeling project has been officially announced and under construction since April, 2013.

Let's hope there's not much to "reveal" about a remodeled shopping mall after two and a half years of construction work. Not to mention they already featured a big model and exhibit space of Disney Springs at the WDI Pavilion at the last D23 Expo, in August, 2013.

Disney Springs model, D23 Expo 2013, Anaheim Convention Center
DbMdisneysprings00x.jpg

What else is there to display at D23 on this remodeled mall? How they Imagineered the floor tiles at the new Cinnabon to be the color of cinnamon? :rolleyes:

AndyS2992

I'm assuming the Parks & Resorts conference has not been included again this time. This is the only part of D23 that really interests me :(

wdwfan4ver

I wouldn't be shocked if there is no Parks & Resorts conference at 2015 D23 based on 2 reasons.

The first reason is there isn't a lot to present from a theme park standpoint for 2015 because of the budget Mymagic Plus is taking up.

The 2nd thing is I am sure Disney doesn't want to talk about MyMagic Plus during a Parks & Resorts conference at this point for 2015 unless something changes. The fact is MyMagic Plus has to be mentioned in Parks & Resorts conference Disney likes it or not and that is why Disney wouldn't do a Parks & Resorts conference.

MyMagic Plus is the 900 pound Gorilla in the room that Disney doesn't want to talk about during Parks & Resorts conference for a good reason.

MyMagic right now isn't making a profit and is having Budget that is getting bigger day by day. MyMagic Plus also isn't completely working right either based on the issue with the system not showing all 4 people on Hotel room having the same attraction booked for Fastpass Plus. I mentioned 4 people in the same Hotel room because that is what a WDWMAGIC member mentioned earlier this week on another forum on this site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom