Crane at Cinderella Castle

Professortango1

They have to be ready for the holidays by Nov 1, not Nov 24. Day after Halloween the Christmas starts to go up.

Yes, day after Halloween the Christmas starts to go up. Thanksgiving generally kicks off the Christmas season. It starts going up 11/1 and is finalized before Thanksgiving weekend. If you visit between 11/1 and Thanksgiving, it's expected that Christmas isn't fully up yet. It's a dead time between Holidays.

Monorail_Red_77

Crane Watch 2016.
Crane was down already by the time we got to MK for the 45th Anniv. We arrived around 4:30pm. No crane out front. But it was still on-site behind the refurb walls. Maybe they still have a little bit left to do with lighting or castle refurb work.
IMG_9275.JPG

Rteetz

Crane Watch 2016.
Crane was down already by the time we got to MK for the 45th Anniv. We arrived around 4:30pm. No crane out front. But it was still on-site behind the refurb walls. Maybe they still have a little bit left to do with lighting or castle refurb work.
View attachment 166423
My guess is they didn't want to do any work during the 45th so they kept it down all day.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Crane Watch 2016.
View attachment 166423

Wait a minute... that picture is from last year!! Look at this lady's shirt:

upload_2016-10-3_8-46-7.png
;)

mikenatcity1

The first Christmas party is just over a month away. They are testing now on days where they can. I can see there being issues during October for /installation testing because of the length of daylight to put the lights up and the Halloween Parties- they go well into the night- i'm not sure if I can see them spending all night testing the lights and fixing what is necessary, well into the morning just before park opening. It's basically the crane will be there August/September or September/October...i've been there many times when the decor is going up. At least it's not like Disneyland where they could have (and have had) snow capped turrets during the Halloween parties :)

Monorail_Red_77

Wait a minute... that picture is from last year!! Look at this lady's shirt:

View attachment 166433 ;)
LOL
My guess is they didn't want to do any work during the 45th so they kept it down all day.

Here guys take the day off, enjoy our 45th anniversary. Oh, and here's a voucher for half off one of our tasteless 45th Anniversary Cupcakes. Enjoy.
Hope you have some vacation time saved up..... Cause we're not paying you for today either.
Bye...

;)

Ag11gani

I kid you not, I saw some Christmas stuff in my local target in the middle of September :oops: Now, I am a Christmas FREAK, but its getting a little out of hand.

John Lewis, a department store in the UK had Christmas stuff late August. It was only online but still. o_O

rob0519

I saw the Christmas section up in department store in Chicago before Labor Day. Just ignored it and walked past.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
This morning I was wearing a T-shirt that had WDW 2008 on the front of it, so I'm guessing that it proves absolutely nothing. Sorry!

EDIT: I noticed after that you put the little winkie thing in it. So Nevermind!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the little winkie guy!! I pretty much should just add him to my signature since 86.4% of my comments have at least a hint of sarcasm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom