News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

J.E.Smith

It doesn't seem right for Sammy to be out of Henry's hat. I don't want to think about the fact that he has feet. I've seen too many raccoons digging through garbage.

By the way, Sammy up close is kind of terrifying:

I think Sammy is actually supposed to be a normal raccoon pretending to be a hat. He's like that on Henry's painting in the lobby, and Tokyo always shows him that way in their artwork.(Credit to Rabi on Twitter for the Tokyo Sammy art mashup))

Attachments

• DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 83
  • FqR1BA7aMAEwZn0.jpg
    FqR1BA7aMAEwZn0.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 82
  • F8hqWQHaYAAUc9n.jpg
    F8hqWQHaYAAUc9n.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 82
  • F3Nl3VZbAAA0VkM.jpg
    F3Nl3VZbAAA0VkM.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 86

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I think Sammy is actually supposed to be a normal raccoon pretending to be a hat. He's like that on Henry's painting in the lobby, and Tokyo always shows him that way in their artwork.(Credit to Rabi on Twitter for the Tokyo art collection)
Wow, ok I stand corrected! I've never seen any of these before except the one from the lobby, and I had forgotten about that one!

J.E.Smith

Wow, ok I stand corrected! I've never seen any of these before except the one from the lobby, and I had forgotten about that one!
Well that's understandable you haven't seen those since those are Tokyo-exclusive art (The last one of the bears on the beach is actually a brand new piece of art for TDL's 2024 wall calendar).

Since Tokyo's lobby is bigger due to them having two theaters like Disneyland used to, they have lots of extra artwork of the bears on the walls, which they also sold on telephone cards. Rabi, an avid bear fan in Tokyo (and I do mean avid, in 2017 she saw the bears a total of 780 times in the year, which is her current record), seems to be the only person who's put up full images of the Tokyo queue art in her Twitter posts(https://twitter.com/rugs__).

Attachments

• FuzIh03agAARnYr.jpg
    FuzIh03agAARnYr.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 66

GrumpyFan

I'm not sure if we're "re-imagineering" here, but one of the things I would like to see in the new version would be interactivity with the audience reactions. I think the technology exists or at least Disney should be able to make the Bears respond and react more with the audience.
For example: Random comments to the audience, or responses for a loud and engaged audience or delayed responses if the audience is quiet. Anything that would make them seem all the more lifelike, as opposed to the 50+ year old static animatronics that have limited motions and responses. In short, something that would make guests excited to see them, like people were in 1972, if that's possible.

Jrb1979

It's sad that they had to get rid of "Blood on the Saddle". I can't picture a country version of Let it Go" being good.

Brer Panther

I'm not sure if we're "re-imagineering" here, but one of the things I would like to see in the new version would be interactivity with the audience reactions. I think the technology exists or at least Disney should be able to make the Bears respond and react more with the audience.
For example: Random comments to the audience, or responses for a loud and engaged audience or delayed responses if the audience is quiet. Anything that would make them seem all the more lifelike, as opposed to the 50+ year old static animatronics that have limited motions and responses. In short, something that would make guests excited to see them, like people were in 1972, if that's possible.
So, would this be using the "Living Character" technology a la Turtle Talk With Crush or Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor?

Roger_the_pianist

The technology is there for a Country Bear to recite your social security number to you.

Hopefully they will at least update Henry's movements. He was always the jankiest looking to me...something about his arms and hands.

GrumpyFan

So, would this be using the "Living Character" technology a la Turtle Talk With Crush or Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor?
I was thinking something more automated. Using AI or similar technology to "read" the audience and perform a unique show that hasn't been done before. It would incorporate some of those other capabilities but done in a way that it would require a lot less human input.

A quick search came back with the following that they were toying with back in 2009.
I assume the budget got cut and never went much further. But, it seems like they were starting to make some progress.
They called it "autonomatronics".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom