News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Castle Cake Apologist

I guess I'm not big on the whole pin thing..I just don't get it..

I'm hesitant to admit that I've been collecting them since '99 when the program launched! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I've also got my favorites displayed on nice backers that I have mounted on my office wall, not forgotten in a drawer somewhere.

Either way, like them or not, they've been a staple for nearly half of the resort's existence.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm hesitant to admit that I've been collecting them since '99 when the program launched! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I've also got my favorites displayed on nice backers that I have mounted on my office wall, not forgotten in a drawer somewhere.

Either way, like them or not, they've been a staple for nearly half of the resort's existence.
Closest thing that I have pin wise is some Kingdom hearts ones that came out but again I just have them in a drawer not displaying them..I have this set of figurines of rare characters
Theme+Park+Characters.jpg
along with a Big Al and Brer Rabbit Bobble head a part of my collection in storage as I have no space to display anything.๐Ÿ˜…

Castle Cake Apologist

Closest thing that I have pin wise is some Kingdom hearts ones that came out but again I just have them in a drawer not displaying them..I have this set of figurines of rare characters
along with a Big Al and Brer Rabbit Bobble head a part of my collection in storage as I have no space to display anything.๐Ÿ˜…

Apologies to the mods for further derailment, but when were those released? Those are way too cool and I need them.

Dranth

Meaning like Dolls, figurines, statues, shirts...Not like ones you grab squint at it for a second and toss into a drawer to forget about.. when was the last time they made a TON of merchandise for one attraction and continued to make more of like PoTC and HM..You hardly saw Tiki or Bears merch once in a blue moon out here..
Maybe I'm not understanding.

Everything you list are all physical objects. That you ascribe more value to one over another is a you thing, not something inherent to the object itself. For example, I have shirts I bought at Disney that I have never worn. They sit in a drawer taking up space but I do have the pins I bought and put up on display. I also have pins I don't display and collect dust while I have shirts I do wear.

I guess what I am getting at is why does the type of object matter unless you are saying there is a lack of other merch because Disney just makes pins. In that case, that would be incorrect as we all know that 92.67% of Disney park merch is spirit jerseys.

As for the last part, yes, they need more diversity of content within the merch categories as well as more categories. IE more Country Bear across pins, shirts, plush, statues, etc. plus merch types we don't see over and over again.

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe I'm not understanding.

Everything you list are all physical objects. That you ascribe more value to one over another is a you thing, not something inherent to the object itself. For example, I have shirts I bought at Disney that I have never worn. They sit in a drawer taking up space but I do have the pins I bought and put up on display. I also have pins I don't display and collect dust while I have shirts I do wear.

I guess what I am getting at is why does the type of object matter unless you are saying there is a lack of other merch because Disney just makes pins. In that case, that would be incorrect as we all know that 92.67% of Disney park merch is spirit jerseys.

As for the last part, yes, they need more diversity of content within the merch categories as well as more categories. IE more Country Bear across pins, shirts, plush, statues, etc. plus merch types we don't see over and over again.
My point is I want to see more than just PINS! give us more merch like TDL does for Attractions like CBJ.
DhlpjfGVQAEO1Mo.jpg

Tokyo-Disney-Resort-Country-Bear-Theater-Chopstick-Rest.webp

Cmdr_Crimson

It was already mentioned how some guests have never been previously. They just ignored it. Maybe with the refresh, as much as we'll miss the original, it will generate new interest and have a reason for more CBJ merch.
This reminded me of how all they had for Epcot's 25th anniversary was just pins and no shirts or other merch....But when the 30th anniversary came whoo boy did they listen and got other merchandise besides pins because of guest demand..And now the past anniversaries for DHS, AK and Epcot we see more now.

Figments Friend

This reminded me of how all they had for Epcot's 25th anniversary was just pins and no shirts or other merch....But when the 30th anniversary came whoo boy did they listen and got other merchandise besides pins because of guest demand..And now the past anniversaries for DHS, AK and Epcot we see more now.

And plush for the 25th.
The special Limited Edition plush Figment dressed as Dreamfinder, with the Pavillion logos all over his coat ( some embarrassingly mid- made! ).
And the expensive limited release Epcot 25th watch.
I do recall 25th shirtsโ€ฆthe best being the Cast exclusive.
And then there were the free giveawaysโ€ฆ

But yeah, itโ€™s always nice when there is more merchandise besides the standard tropes.
It gets kinda dull when itโ€™s a limited collection of items.

Today it seems the merch tropes are spirit jerseys, huge plastic drink tumblers, pins, and those โ€˜trendโ€™ marketed items like the current food themed plushโ€ฆโ€™Munchlingsโ€™ I think they are called?
Just looking at them makes me gain ten poundsโ€ฆ

-

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

And plush for the 25th.
The special Limited Edition plush Figment dressed as Dreamfinder, with the Pavillion logos all over his coat ( some embarrassingly mid- made! ).
And the expensive limited release Epcot 25th watch.
I do recall 25th shirtsโ€ฆthe best being the Cast exclusive.
And then there were the free giveawaysโ€ฆ

But yeah, itโ€™s always nice when there is more merchandise besides the standard tropes.
It gets kinda dull when itโ€™s a limited collection of items.

Today it seems the merch tropes are spirit jerseys, huge plastic drink tumblers, pins, and those โ€˜trendโ€™ marketed items like the current food themed plushโ€ฆโ€™Munchlingsโ€™ I think they are called?
Just looking at them makes me gain ten poundsโ€ฆ

-
Munchkins and Numios: The Next Disney Vynilmations..

999th Happy Haunt

Man we need more stuff like this. To me (and Iโ€™m sure most of the users on this website,) this IS Disney, not Marvel or Star Wars or whatโ€™s in theaters at the moment.

aladdin2007

Man we need more stuff like this. To me (and Iโ€™m sure most of the users on this website,) this IS Disney, not Marvel or Star Wars or whatโ€™s in theaters at the moment.
Agree, we need more of this type. The new play in the parks line of merch isn't too bad but still, greatly lacking anymore. Someone correct me if wrong but there is no merch in the Magic Kingdom that actually says Magic Kingdom is there? Except for maybe a starbucks tumbler but thats about it which is pathetic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom