News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

ToTBellHop

there's a parade? :rolleyes:
No it’ll be $129.99 but include charcuterie (Lunchables) and drinking chocolate.
1708039198495.gif

TrainsOfDisney

It’s no longer even a question of if they’re gonna’ mess up this classic attraction anymore, it’s just merely a question of how bad…?! :bored:
I think it will be OK…. The biggest issue is that it won’t have any edge. Look at classics like MuppetVision, Country Bears, and Tiki Room, pirates and mansion too… they have a little edge to them.

The more you sanitize it the more boring it can get.

But what we will end up will probably be ok and we still get to see the characters we like in the setting that we remember so over all not the biggest loss.

donaldtoo

I think it will be OK…. The biggest issue is that it won’t have any edge. Look at classics like MuppetVision, Country Bears, and Tiki Room, pirates and mansion too… they have a little edge to them.

But what we will end up will probably be ok and we still get to see the characters we like in the setting that we remember so over all not the biggest loss.
I’ll hold off on final judgement ‘til it opens, of course, but, to me anyway, it’s just not sounding good.

BTW…
Has anybody here heard anything about a possible reopening time…?!

aladdin2007

Were still very fortunate its coming back at all...

Admiral01

Premium Member
It’s sad that the best any of us can say is that this will “not be too bad” or that “we’re just lucky it’s coming back at all.”

A Disney attraction should be GOOD, not “not as bad as it could have been.” What sane organization would update an attraction and make it not as good as the original? How many times is Disney going to repeat this mistake?

Current Imagination is a embarrassment compared to what it was
Under new management was an embarrassment compared to the original (and current) Tiki Room.
The new CBJ is going to be an embarrassment compared to the original.

Zero creativity. Pure laziness.

SplashJacket

It’s sad that the best any of us can say is that this will “not be too bad” or that “we’re just lucky it’s coming back at all.”

A Disney attraction should be GOOD, not “not as bad as it could have been.” What sane organization would update an attraction and make it not as good as the original? How many times is Disney going to repeat this mistake?

Under new management was an embarrassment compared to the original (and current) Tiki Room.
The new CBJ is going to be an embarrassment compared to the original.

Zero creativity. Pure laziness.
Quick preface, I’m not saying what they’re doing will be amazing or even that it’s what they should be doing.

Firstly, you’re making the assumption that it won’t be as good as the original, and it might very well not be, but it might also be better to most people. We literally don’t know, so large assumption.

I’ll also say it’s contradictory to say doing something is lazy, when you’re suggestion is to do nothing…

Animaniac93-98

Hyper-sensitivity has spiraled completely out of control if the sort of silly and very soft ribbing presented in attractions like CBJ is considered problematic now.

I don't think this is really the case. I think what we're seeing is an anticipation and a hyper awareness about the possibility of people being offended vs there being a substantial subset of the audience actually objecting.

TV shows in the 90s were making jokes about parents being overly sensitive to cartoon violence 30 years ago. The "hyper-sensitivity" concern is nothing new. The only difference is maybe somebody in a position to make decisions might have their opinion influenced by such hypothetical concerns.

MerlinTheGoat

I don't think this is really the case. I think what we're seeing is an anticipation and a hyper awareness about the possibility of people being offended vs there being a substantial subset of the audience actually objecting.

TV shows in the 90s were making jokes about parents being overly sensitive to cartoon violence 30 years ago. The "hyper-sensitivity" concern is nothing new. The only difference is maybe somebody in a position to make decisions might have their opinion influenced by such hypothetical concerns.
I fully agree that it's a vast minority of people who think like that, and that this is an extreme premature over correction in the event that someone might eventually have an issue with it. But there are unfortunately a few people out there who do think it's offensive, that's what i'm responding to. And it's unfortunate that Disney is trying to cater towards this irrationality.

MerlinTheGoat

So the show never included the context that he was human?
This is the full original song, and from old recordings of the show, I think they only every had the first verse. Though I'd still not assume he's a dog just from the first verse (either human or a "bear" in the show's context)-

Mama, don't whoop little Buford
Mama, don't pound on his head
Mama, Don't whoop little Buford
I think you should shoot him instead

Buford brought home his report card
Buford was proud as could be
At last he had passed through the 3rd grade
And Buford is just 23

Mama, you'll just be a wreck
For Buford is studying Judo
And he'll break your scrawny ole' neck

When Buford was five, he was smokin'
And drinking hard liquor at six
At seven, he learned about women
At eight, Buford got his first fix

You'll never know how Buford feels
Buford is good to you, mama
He brings you whatever he steals

Now Buford is gone, what a pity
At last we found happiness
We bought a new home in the city
And we won't give him our address

So, Mama don't whoop little Buford
Mama, don't knock out his breath
Just teach him to be a folk singer
Then Buford will soon starve to death

BrianLo

Under new management is not ‘current’ Imagineering. That attraction was designed in the mid 90’s! Shanghai Disney barely (or really doesn’t) qualify as current Imagineering.

Do with that as you will, but Imagineering is many, many generations beyond Eisner now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom