Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I agree about almost enjoying it more than the steak at California Grill.

I think your dad may have been watching "Battle of the Network Stars". My sister and I loved that show when we were kids. I was just telling my kids about it the other day.

Yes!!! That was what it was called!!! It was super weird but funny at the same time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11
This morning we got up and had our usual breakfast before heading out. The day before we came up with a plan for this day and made it into a game. This was supposed to be an off day so I had nothing planned, but with our APs we could go to the park! My Dad said it would be fun if we didn't make plans and just hopped on the first bus that came. We decided to take it a step further and go to all 4 parks in a day and let the transportation decide for us where to go next! We also decided I would try and find a FP while on the bus/monorail/boat for at least one ride or show in the park. The only thing I really wanted to make sure we did was the Festival of the Lion King. Otherwise no specific plans!
So which bus came first?
IMG_0455.JPG

Epcot!
IMG_0456.JPG

I was able to make a FP for Test Track on the bus, but first we made a quick trip on Spaceship Earth!
IMG_0458.JPG

The pictures still weren't working :(
After this it was time for Test Track!
IMG_0462.JPG

What a nice car...haha My Dad designed it this time
IMG_0465.JPG

We were behind an elderly couple in line and they really struggled with making the car. Then they ended up in our vehicle and I was so nervous the whole time the man would lose his hat. They stressed me out haha Look at both his hat and his mug :p
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_387473327177.jpeg

After our two rides it was time to head out! We wanted to make sure we documented our day so decided to get a Photopass picture in each park holding up the number of fingers based on which park number this was. This Photopass CM was not into it though and did not care whatsoever when we explained what we were doing haha
Park 1
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7683345747.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpg

We cheated the spontaneity a little at this point and ended up just taking the monorail to the MK since per the wait times it looked like it was packed so figured we should just get there. There were no super cool FPs that we could use right away so we chose Mickey's PhilharMagic :)
IMG_0478.JPG

Park number 2
IMG_0479.JPG

Next Up: continuing around the World :)

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11 continued
We made sure we stopped at a Photopass along the way and we had one of the best CMs ever! I wish I could remember his name! Much better than the man in Epcot.
These are some of my favorite PP pictures!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7683441904.jpeg

Unimpressed with his muscles
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7683441911.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7683446537.jpeg

LOL my Dad
Mickey's PhilharMagic
IMG_0485.jpg

We enjoyed the show as always, actually I am not sure if my Dad ever saw it before :)
You can not really tell from the picture but MK was absolutely packed this day! The sky was beautiful, though, as was the weather!
IMG_0488.JPG

You really can not leave the MK without a ride on the Peoplemover so we headed over there!
IMG_2355.JPG

Finally it was time to say goodbye to our second stop
We were starving at the point so decided we would eat lunch wherever the next bus took us!
IMG_0495.JPG

Animal Kingdom! Park numero 3!
IMG_0496.JPG

This CM was totally into our park hopping and was impressed we were already on Park 3
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7683559926.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7683563860.jpeg

Next up: Lunch time

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love the spontaneous park hopping. The photo pass pictures at MK were a hoot. Love the expressions on your face and your mom's face while looking at your dad's muscles!

They are seriously my favorite, although we got some good ones at Hollywood Studios later this day too :)

Still really enjoying reading this, look forward to your next update!

Thank you! Thanks for following

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11 continued
We debated about where to eat lunch and everyone decided on Flame Tree BBQ!
The last trip we ate there it was still in its temporary state so it was nice to see that it was open to its full self again!
IMG_0497.JPG

My Mom went to find a table while my Dad and I ordered. We all ordered the chicken and rib combo, although should have definitely split it because it was way too much food. I don't know why we don't remember these things haha. I was given the task of carrying the drink tray which was a bit much because of all the people around AND my Mom could not find a table so ended up in the "kids section" as she called it. Considering how many seats there are I think all of AK was at Flame Tree because it was packed!
IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

Where we were seated was right where Baloo and King Louie walk by for their M and G so at one point they came up behind me, scared me, and tried to take some of my food :p I wish I had a picture it was so funny!
We had a little bit of time before the next Lion King show so we walked around a little bit
IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_1231.jpg

We did not end up getting a FP for this so instead just waited in Stand-by
It kind of stinks how much in the sun you are, but it went by fast
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0510.jpg

In line we learned some interesting things that I had never heard before: for example Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania are both in Animal Kingdom :joyfull::jawdrop: Who knew! I also overheard someone saying that Animal Kingdom is all about animals? Oh really? ;)
We were seated in the Giraffe section:
IMG_0513.JPG

FYI while we were being seated I overheard two other interesting comments: a. men should not have to move down the row and squish because they are men and b. there is no wifi in The Lion King. People make me laugh....how about enjoying the show and not worrying about the wifi :cool:

Next up: continuing our Park Hopping journey

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11 continued
More Lion King pictures!
IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

We enjoyed the show as always and my Dad really loved it! It was his first time seeing it :)
We had one more park left so hopped on over to Hollywood Studios!
Park number 4!
IMG_0524.JPG

I picked up a FP for GMR, thats all they had unfortunately haha
IMG_0529.JPG

The Storm Troopers were out and about again!
IMG_0527.JPG

We had to get our PP pictures of course! So we were behind a mother and daughter in line and while they were getting their pictures taken I guess my Dad was doing something to make them laugh
So...when it was time for our picture this happened!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7683766776.jpeg

They jumped in our picture! It was so funny!
Here is our normal picture! Park 4!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7683766772.jpeg

Next up: finishing up our 4 park tour

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11 continued
The Photopass CM also decided my Dad needed extra punishment for making other people laugh so took this picture
LOL
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7683766777.jpeg

Anyway it was insanely hot outside but I had one more thing I wanted to get...
IMG_1737.jpg

A BB8 beverage cup! So cute!
Right after I bought him we passed a Photopass CM without a line so asked him to take my picture with my new BB8 cup :p:D:hilarious:
He did not seem too pleased about it but ended up taking like 10 pictures so could not have been too mad about it
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7683809488.jpeg

Here is BB8 waiting for the bus
IMG_2356.jpg

Here he is on the bus
IMG_1738.jpg

Then BB8 wanted to hang out in the window when we got back
IMG_0535.JPG

When we got back we found Petey and Drake causing trouble as usual
IMG_0534.JPG

We headed down to the pool after this
My Mom and I grabbed a snack of pretzels and a cupcake to munch on
IMG_1740.jpg

Meanwhile my Dad was in the pool being a creeper as usual :p:D:joyfull: Just kidding he did this because he knew I was trying to take a picture
IMG_1746.jpg

My Dad already grabbed a Moscato Colada and the bartender gave him a ton of it, but my Dad decided he did not really like it so gave it to my Mom. I grabbed a Mai Tai and the bartender was so nice!!! We chatted a bit and he only charged me like half the price for a drink. He was this cute old man :). My Dad went back up to grab a different drink since he did not like his first one and the CM told my Dad he just met me and I was so nice so ended up giving my Dad two drinks for free....the one he ordered and another Moscato Colada :jawdrop:. We had more drinks than we ever needed haha
IMG_2357.jpg

He was so nice though! I wish I remembered his name! Nick actually made a comment earlier in the trip about how good the employee retention is there since it was all the same bartenders from like 2 years ago when Nick came with us!

Next up: dinner in Disney Springs

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 11 continued
Before we left for DS BB8 wanted a pretzel...:rolleyes:
IMG_1741.JPG

I took all these pictures to send to my sister because I knew she would find it funny if I made him do all these stupid things haha

Anyway we got changed and headed to pick up the boat for DS to grab some dinner.
While we were on the boat there was a family behind us and the Dad was pointing out things to his wife and kid. We were passing the Tree Houses and the kid asked the Dad what hotel that was and he said Wilderness Lodge. Even my Mom (who doesn't usually cringe when she hears wrong things) looked at me like WHAT?! haha. Then we passed some more of Saratoga Springs and he said that we were passing Old Key West :jawdrop:. I literally could not hold it in anymore and turned around and said "Oh actually that is all Saratoga Springs." :) I said it very nicely and he was grateful I corrected him. I told him that WL is around the MK and told him a little bit about the Tree House Villas. Anyway I felt good that I said something and then like 3 minutes later we passed the rest of Saratoga Springs and he says "Oh look there is the Yacht and Beach Club....you can walk to Epcot from there...I didn't know you could walk to DS too." :banghead: I didn't even say anything that time haha. Some people can only be helped so much!
IMG_0544.JPG

Anyway after we got off we walked to Paradiso 37 for dinner. It looked packed, but we were seated right away. I feel like they expanded this restaurant since I was last there!
IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

For dinner my Mom ordered the quesadilla, I think hers was just cheese
IMG_0551.JPG

My Dad ordered the All American Burger (I think?)
IMG_0550.JPG

And I ordered the Jalapeño Burger
IMG_0549.JPG

Yum! We all really enjoyed our meals! I love that burger - its definitely one of my favorites. I get it every time we go there :)
We walked around DS a little after eating
There was a lot going on! We watched a guy play guitar a little (he was really good), but the funnier part was his brother selling the cds...he looked miserable!
IMG_0556.JPG

Then we watched people playing Simon Says on the Main Stage...that was fun!
I wanted a Rice Crispy Treat so we popped in Goofy's Candy Co. for one
IMG_1233.JPG

Yum...plain one without the extra gunk on top :)
I really like wandering around DS at night. When its not crowded it can be very peaceful and relaxing, especially on this day when we exhausted ourselves with 4 parks in one day! We saw some kiddos playing with their light sabers and just enjoying life (well they were enjoying it but the elderly couple they were near kept having a heart attack that the kids were going to hit them haha).
Anyway we took a nice relaxing boat ride home
IMG_0565.JPG

We were on the boat listening to everyone make their plans for the next day with rope drops and such. It was nice to hear everyone excited...even if they were a little confused about what rides were in each park ;)
We were off to bed after this!

Next up: last full day :arghh::cry:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a cool day to just park hop ! Love that idea and it looks like you had fun. I love the picture of your dad in the pool..LOL!

Hes a goofball haha. It was so fun park hopping like this! I am not usually a go with the flow person (I am working on that haha) so it was fun to just take whatever bus came and see the parks a little differently!

MegRuss626

Day 11 continued
Before we left for DS BB8 wanted a pretzel...:rolleyes:
View attachment 152272
I took all these pictures to send to my sister because I knew she would find it funny if I made him do all these stupid things haha

Anyway we got changed and headed to pick up the boat for DS to grab some dinner.
While we were on the boat there was a family behind us and the Dad was pointing out things to his wife and kid. We were passing the Tree Houses and the kid asked the Dad what hotel that was and he said Wilderness Lodge. Even my Mom (who doesn't usually cringe when she hears wrong things) looked at me like WHAT?! haha. Then we passed some more of Saratoga Springs and he said that we were passing Old Key West :jawdrop:. I literally could not hold it in anymore and turned around and said "Oh actually that is all Saratoga Springs." :) I said it very nicely and he was grateful I corrected him. I told him that WL is around the MK and told him a little bit about the Tree House Villas. Anyway I felt good that I said something and then like 3 minutes later we passed the rest of Saratoga Springs and he says "Oh look there is the Yacht and Beach Club....you can walk to Epcot from there...I didn't know you could walk to DS too." :banghead: I didn't even say anything that time haha. Some people can only be helped so much!
View attachment 152290
Anyway after we got off we walked to Paradiso 37 for dinner. It looked packed, but we were seated right away. I feel like they expanded this restaurant since I was last there!
View attachment 152279
View attachment 152280
For dinner my Mom ordered the quesadilla, I think hers was just cheese
View attachment 152284
My Dad ordered the All American Burger (I think?)
View attachment 152283
And I ordered the Jalapeño Burger
View attachment 152282
Yum! We all really enjoyed our meals! I love that burger - its definitely one of my favorites. I get it every time we go there :)
We walked around DS a little after eating
There was a lot going on! We watched a guy play guitar a little (he was really good), but the funnier part was his brother selling the cds...he looked miserable!
View attachment 152287
Then we watched people playing Simon Says on the Main Stage...that was fun!
I wanted a Rice Crispy Treat so we popped in Goofy's Candy Co. for one
View attachment 152291
Yum...plain one without the extra gunk on top :)
I really like wandering around DS at night. When its not crowded it can be very peaceful and relaxing, especially on this day when we exhausted ourselves with 4 parks in one day! We saw some kiddos playing with their light sabers and just enjoying life (well they were enjoying it but the elderly couple they were near kept having a heart attack that the kids were going to hit them haha).
Anyway we took a nice relaxing boat ride home
View attachment 152292
We were on the boat listening to everyone make their plans for the next day with rope drops and such. It was nice to hear everyone excited...even if they were a little confused about what rides were in each park ;)
We were off to bed after this!

Next up: last full day :arghh::cry:

The plain one without all of the extra gunk is the only way to eat one!! 65 more days until I get to have one!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am enjoying your trip report. My daughter and I tried to do the 4 parks in one day challenge in February but we only made it to 3 of the 4. Glad you accomplished it. Maybe we will try again next year.

It was fun, but exhausting! I kept having to remind myself we could really only do 1-2 things. Since it was the last we would be seeing all the parks except for MK I wanted to see everything! Its definitely worth another try next trip for you! Even if you don't make it the process is still fun :)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

I love it when you encounter these Disney "Experts". I was waiting for a bus at FQ last December and overheard a lady telling her friend that the Osbourne Lights were ending because Ozzy backed out of the contract. She was being completely serious. We joked about that one for the rest of our trip.

I love that you did 4 parks in a day with enough energy (and time) to do Disney Springs at night. Technically, I did 4 parks in a day once, but we cheated. We were at Magic Kingdom until 2 AM the previous night. I still say that counts!!

Beckett

I love it when you encounter these Disney "Experts". I was waiting for a bus at FQ last December and overheard a lady telling her friend that the Osbourne Lights were ending because Ozzy backed out of the contract. She was being completely serious. We joked about that one for the rest of our trip.

I love that you did 4 parks in a day with enough energy (and time) to do Disney Springs at night. Technically, I did 4 parks in a day once, but we cheated. We were at Magic Kingdom until 2 AM the previous night. I still say that counts!!
. Seriously!?? :joyfull: LOL!!! I wouldn't have been able to hold back my laughter :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom