Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great trip report, thank you for sharing! You'll looked like you had a great time!

Thank you! We had an amazing time! I will always have happy memories thinking about this trip :)

Your TR was delightful, and I looked forward to reading about all the adventures your family enjoyed. You also had some really fun pictures! I had a great time being a "stowaway" guest traveler (while reading your TR and vicariously being there) in your wonderful vacation. Thanks for sharing! :)

You are so sweet, thank you! I love that term of being a "stowaway" traveler! I like to think like that when I read other TRs :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thaks for sharing this great TR! Great to read and to follow! Let's hope we have such a magical stay in POFQ next October :)

Thanks! I was just thinking about you guys this morning and hoping the food court at POFQ is done with its refurb by then!

Thanks for sharing your TR really enjoyed reading it, sad it's over!

I'm so sad its over too :( Thanks for following!

FlaggNL

Thanks! I was just thinking about you guys this morning and hoping the food court at POFQ is done with its refurb by then!

Thanks :) But I guess not. The date is set now for November 1st and then we are back home. And the date is not official yet. Did you use the option to have breakfast at RS? Did you use the transportation that they emailed about?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks :) But I guess not. The date is set now for November 1st and then we are back home. And the date is not official yet. Did you use the option to have breakfast at RS? Did you use the transportation that they emailed about?

It was still open when I was there so we didn't have to worry about it. It seems like they will still have a bunch of stuff in the lobby set up though!

FlaggNL

It was still open when I was there so we didn't have to worry about it. It seems like they will still have a bunch of stuff in the lobby set up though!

We'll see how it will work out... and otherwise we have to have breakfast in the parks of springs! At least we have a breakfast in BOG in our ADR's :)

sheriffwoody

Just got caught up! For some reason I wasn't getting notifications from your updates, so I was way behind :facepalm:.

As a backstory my Mom and I hate Turkey Legs...to the point where they actually make me sick to look at people eating them.
TOTALLY with you on that. Those things are so gross looking.

Loved your report!! Glad you're gearing up to go back soon :)

WLBound

I really enjoyed reading your TR! We did a 10 day trip for our 10th Anniversary and it definitely spoiled us. It was good to hear how much you love POFQ. We usually stay at WL but are giving POFQ a try next year after our cruise. Thanks for inviting us all along on your trip. Also love your YouTube videos!

dancingtodisney

Hi! Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your TR! It was so much fun and I love how you have such a great time with your family... It really reminded me of our own trips as we went as a family in January (I'm still writing that TR!) and I'm going again with my Sister and we love travelling as an adult family and getting to act like kids!

Your day of doing all 4 parks sounds like a great time! I might have to steal your idea for our next family trip...

Loved your matching shirts with your mom, where did you get them?

Thanks so much for sharing!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Just got caught up! For some reason I wasn't getting notifications from your updates, so I was way behind :facepalm:.

TOTALLY with you on that. Those things are so gross looking.

Loved your report!! Glad you're gearing up to go back soon :)

EW! They are so gross! There was some point in DL when it was super hot out my Mom and I were walking behind a person eating one like a Barbarian (like ripping it apart with his teeth)...I literally started gagging haha Thanks for reading!

Great report as usual!

Thank you so much :)

MerMom1981

I just got home last night, and my husband caught me reading your TR before bed
"We just got home from the airport. Are you seriously reading about Disney already?!"
Yep. Totally.

I love the mini adventures of BB8! It reminds me of the gnome in Amelie :)

I almost choked on my coffee when I saw your reaction to the turkey leg eaters! Hahahaha! I don't have a specific aversion to turkey legs, but i could not handle someone eating something to giant and sloppy anywhere in my field of vision. Gag!

I am not very good at going with the flow either, but your 4 park day looked so fun! You've inspired me!

Glad you had such a fun trip with your family! It was fun to follow!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So sad your TR is over! I kind of felt like I was along for the ride!!

Can't wait for your next one!

I'm so sad its over too! Although I feel like part of my life is back now that I am not writing a bunch everyday haha :) Thanks for following!

I really enjoyed reading your TR! We did a 10 day trip for our 10th Anniversary and it definitely spoiled us. It was good to hear how much you love POFQ. We usually stay at WL but are giving POFQ a try next year after our cruise. Thanks for inviting us all along on your trip. Also love your YouTube videos!

Oh thank you for watching my youtube videos!!! I think you will really like POFQ. Its unlike all the other moderates in that it doesn't have a sit down restaurant but its charm and small size makes up for it :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hi! Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your TR! It was so much fun and I love how you have such a great time with your family... It really reminded me of our own trips as we went as a family in January (I'm still writing that TR!) and I'm going again with my Sister and we love travelling as an adult family and getting to act like kids!

Your day of doing all 4 parks sounds like a great time! I might have to steal your idea for our next family trip...

Loved your matching shirts with your mom, where did you get them?

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thank you so much for reading! I always feel the same when I am reading your TRs...that it reminds me of traveling with my family! We loved going to all 4 parks, even though it was exhausting! Our next trip is with my nephew so we will have to take it slower and won't get to do some of these crazy things! We usually get our shirts off redbubble or etsy :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I just got home last night, and my husband caught me reading your TR before bed
"We just got home from the airport. Are you seriously reading about Disney already?!"
Yep. Totally.

I love the mini adventures of BB8! It reminds me of the gnome in Amelie :)

I almost choked on my coffee when I saw your reaction to the turkey leg eaters! Hahahaha! I don't have a specific aversion to turkey legs, but i could not handle someone eating something to giant and sloppy anywhere in my field of vision. Gag!

I am not very good at going with the flow either, but your 4 park day looked so fun! You've inspired me!

Glad you had such a fun trip with your family! It was fun to follow!

Aw thanks for reading! I hope you had a great trip and my TR helped with your Disney blues a little! I think the Turkey leg issue was it was so hot and I don't know how people were eating anything in the heat! haha it was super gross! My Mom actually got up and walked away! 4 parks randomly was actually kind of fun, honestly if the app wasn't as great as it is now though I'm not sure it would have been as fun without Fast Passes...so I still semi-did not go with the flow :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom