Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

AJ's B

Love reading your trip report!! You remind me of my daughter who always comes with her dad and I. Good luck on your medical career. My mom was born in Buffalo and we have relatives there. MAybe we are long lost cousins. Our next trip, my 2 daughters, grandson and myself is August 18-30. BLT and Ploy Villas. Can't wait!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love it when you encounter these Disney "Experts". I was waiting for a bus at FQ last December and overheard a lady telling her friend that the Osbourne Lights were ending because Ozzy backed out of the contract. She was being completely serious. We joked about that one for the rest of our trip.

I love that you did 4 parks in a day with enough energy (and time) to do Disney Springs at night. Technically, I did 4 parks in a day once, but we cheated. We were at Magic Kingdom until 2 AM the previous night. I still say that counts!!

OMG! bahaha I read that to my Mom and we literally laughed out loud! People are so funny! Hey that definitely still counts as 4 parks in 1 day!

View attachment 152300 Hey Megan, have you tried these? They're available at the Main Street Confectionery at MK. They are my favorite!!!:inlove: Sure wish I had some right now!:hungry:

Um...no! I have to find these next time I go. My sister Betta loves the rice crispy treats too so we will have to check these out in November!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
. Seriously!?? :joyfull: LOL!!! I wouldn't have been able to hold back my laughter :D

:) People are so funny!

I have been enjoying your TR so much i am sad you are already getting to the last day! Also i love your sequin mickey hat, you may see that in my next TR haha ;)

Thank you for following! I love that hat...I wear it nearly everyday! You should definitely get it!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
4 parks in one day and Disney Springs?! Impressive.

Honestly I did not even think of Disney Springs until everyone brought it up! Because its so close to POFQ it doesn't seem like a crazy trip! haha

Love reading your trip report!! You remind me of my daughter who always comes with her dad and I. Good luck on your medical career. My mom was born in Buffalo and we have relatives there. MAybe we are long lost cousins. Our next trip, my 2 daughters, grandson and myself is August 18-30. BLT and Ploy Villas. Can't wait!!!

OMG! Thats coming up so fast! You guys are going to have a blast! I like to say that my parents come on my trips and not vice versa since I always plan them and they invite themselves hahahaha :p Thats so cool that you have relatives here in Buffalo! Our weather is brutal right now, its actually warmer than Florida! :hungover:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
This is seriously making me want a BB-8 beverage cup! Dare I ask the cost of it?

I believe it was like $14 at the most including the pop inside!

I'm a gunk fan myself . . . :cautious: :joyfull: Anything embellished with chocolate is fine with me! :happy:

Haha! I am not a sweets person which is why I don't like "the gunk" BUT it always looks so good that I buy it haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12
This morning we got up semi-early and had a very quick breakfast (i.e. my Mom and I actually ran to get us something quick haha). We had one goal in mind....to see the Opening Show! We had a long bus wait, but thankfully we made it in time!
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG

I just love the opening show so much! It always makes me tear up a little, especially on our last full day!
We decided we would head over to Peter Pan's Flight so walked down Main Street and snapped a few pictures along the way
IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

I stopped to take this picture....a group of school kids that SAID they were heading to BTMR were lying and cut right in front of us in line for Peter Pan while I took the picture...well played children, well played
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG

After our wonderful ride we headed over to Tomorrowland...my Mom promised me she would go on a particular ride with me even though she does not really like it...
IMG_0589.JPG
ASTRO ORBITOR! I love the view from this ride, but my Mom is not too keen on the height/angle of the cars. Last time we went on this ride it was at night so she did better this time!
IMG_0593.JPG

Next up: continuing in the MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12 continued
Astro Orbiter continued
IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0597.jpg

Space Mountain had a short wait/aka no wait so we headed over there!
IMG_0599.JPG

I only went on this ride twice this trip :confused:
I was giving my Mom a massage haha
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684221140.jpeg

We really wanted to check out the Barnstormer after this so headed over and it had no wait so my Mom and I popped on
Hello train....we could see it while walking in line!
IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

My Dad refrained from riding since it is a kiddie coaster and he was afraid it would be an uncomfortable fit...but my Mom and I had fun!
After this it was just around the time Petes Silly Side Show was set to open so we waited for this! No fancy shows or anything, it just opened very quietly!
We started on the men's side and met Goofy and Donald. I asked Goofy about his motorcycle crash and he said it was Donald's fault with his hypnotism. Then Donald came over and said it was Goofy's fault for bad driving. They spend about 5 minutes with us and arguing about it! It was so funny!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684247244.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684249189.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684250217.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684251291.jpeg

Next up: the Ladies

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12 continued
I think its funny how they make you exit through the gift shop so you have to walk ALL the way around to get back in haha
We complimented Daisy on her dress
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684262073.jpeg

I told Minnie that all her dogs were so well behaved :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684263036.jpeg

When we left my Dad admitted he thought this was going to be an actual side show performance...not a character M and G :p:happy::joyfull:
We had FPs for the 7DMT after this so headed there
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684276987.jpeg

There was a woman behind us who screamed so loud as if this was the biggest roller coaster ever. I love big rides so I found it funny, even though I know this is an intense/fast ride for those who don't. My Mom and I actually got into a fit of laughter on the ride and accidentally bumped our heads together :eek: My Dad said thats what we deserved for laughing at the poor woman :joyfull: Hey at least I did not get a concussion like last trip!
Theres always time for IASW so we decided to go there next!
IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0628.JPG

It was barely 11 after this but we were starving thanks to our quick breakfast so we figured instead of hopping around the whole park we would just eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus again!
Since we were there so early we were able to grab a table overlooking IASW and there was barely any wait for food!
IMG_0629.JPG

My Mom and I both had pepperoni flatbreads and my Dad had fries and a side salad again. Didn't take any pictures since it was all repeat food, but I did take a picture of this piece of pizza that looked like a Dinosaur haha
IMG_0632.JPG

I always walk around singing this song to myself so it was appropriate to get a picture!
IMG_0634.JPG

Next up: finishing off our morning in the MK and a man who HATES Buffalo

MinnieM123

Premium Member
ASTRO ORBITOR! I love the view from this ride, but my Mom is not too keen on the height/angle of the cars. Last time we went on this ride it was at night so she did better this time!

I love all my thrill rides (roller coasters, TOT, etc.), but I gotta tell you--no way I'll ever get on that (Astro Orbiter) thing again!! Went on it once with my mother (back in 1985, and it might have had a different attraction "name" back then--but it was the same ride). We were both terrified we'd fall out of the stupid thing, due to the tilted angle of the ride--while soaring high above the park. You and your mother were brave to go on that!! :jawdrop:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love all my thrill rides (roller coasters, TOT, etc.), but I gotta tell you--no way I'll ever get on that (Astro Orbiter) thing again!! Went on it once with my mother (back in 1985, and it might have had a different attraction "name" back then--but it was the same ride). We were both terrified we'd fall out of the stupid thing, due to the tilted angle of the ride--while soaring high above the park. You and your mother were brave to go on that!! :jawdrop:

Yea the titled angle is bizarre...it really makes you feel like you are going to fall out...and the single seatbelt is not going to help you. I have been on it twice now...thats probably enough for me for life haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12 continued
After eating lunch I headed over towards Memento Mori to buy Jill a Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke purse.
First we stopped at the Tangled bathrooms, I tried to look for Pascals but I could not find that many!
IMG_0635.JPG

While I was in there the CM was asking me if I wanted a Spirit photo. I politely said no thank you. Those things weird me out. Anyway he also asked me where I was from and I told him Buffalo, NY. He then proceeded to tell me all the reasons Buffalo is horrible. No kidding, he actually used the word horrible several times. I asked him if he lived there before and he said no. I then asked him if he had family there or visited there and he said he was never there before :confused::eek:. It was so weird! I would have been more annoyed if I wasn't distracted by a woman pin trading and the CM was like you already traded with me today :joyfull: She said she doesn't look at faces when she trades :oops:
Anyway we had FP for BTMR after this and enjoyed our ride! I made sure I sat on one side so I did not whip around as much :)
We saw a Photopass CM after this so hopped in line!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684370657.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684370659.jpeg

After this we used our last FP for POTC
IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

The POTC gift shop is one of my favorites! So many fun things in there!
It was getting very hot and crowded at this point so we decided to head out and take a break at the hotel.
My Dad must have had it with PP at this point which is why its just the 2 of us haha
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684414815.jpeg

On the bus ride home we were sitting across from a couple who were in the middle of a HUGE fight. So big that they would not even stand in line together. From what I could tell the entire argument was about Disney Springs. The wife was actually correct in saying that there is no bus to DS from MK and the husband refused to believe her, even after asking the transportation people. The whole thing was pretty entertaining to be honest. When we got off the bus at POFQ she got off and he did not. I wonder what happened from there :jawdrop:
Back at the hotel we got a small snack of ice cream and a cupcake and headed back to the room to pack.
We found Petey and Drake like this when we got back
IMG_0649.JPG

We finished packing as much as we could (AKA had to cram all my AK purchases I forgot about in my suitcases) and headed down to the pool to meet my Dad (he did not unpack therefore did not have much to pack). I enjoyed playing along to the Disney Jr Trivia and I'm ashamed I knew most of the answers. What can I say, I love Doc McStuffins :)
Anyway after our break we got dressed and ready to head back to the MK
We love the gardens of POFQ :)
IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

Next up: a very hot evening in the MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12 continued
I spy us in the bus mirror!
IMG_0655.JPG

Hello MK...another classic PP picture from my Dad
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684782339.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7684782336.jpeg

I made a FP for Winnie the Pooh on the bus, but when we headed there it was closed! It wasn't a 100% clear which rides were replacement options so we tried Enchanted Tales with Belle but it did not work. The CM told us that it was not the line for 7DMT :joyfull: It must happen a lot that people get confused. I told her I knew and I was looking to see if we could replace a FP for a closed ride. She told us we could probably do Under the Sea so we headed over there. It was literally so hot out we barely made it haha
It felt so nice and cold inside the ride!
Blurry parents!
IMG_0658.JPG

The part of the ride where you go "under the sea" is the coldest part of the ride and it felt glorious! While on the ride I made an additional FP for us to go back on the ride and enjoy a little more AC before our dining reservation :p
IMG_0664.JPG

We had about 5 minutes to wait before our next FP so we sat down outside the ride. As a backstory my Mom and I hate Turkey Legs...to the point where they actually make me sick to look at people eating them. Well, a man sat down with a Turkey Leg right next to me and I sent out this snapchat :hilarious::hungover:
IMG_1770.JPG

Then his kids started eating it
IMG_1771.JPG

HAHA! It was so hot and the Turkey leg was so gross! Sorry to all the Turkey Leg lovers out there! Anyway, soon enough it was time for our next trip Under the Sea
The que is so pretty!
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

Next up: continuing Under the Seas

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 12 continued
IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

We enjoyed our break from the heat and we had passed enough time that we were able to check in for dinner. We had dinner plans at Be Our Guest! When we check in the CM said they were running behind so we took some pictures on the bridge then found a shady spot to sit in.
IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0677.JPG

We actually got the text that our table was ready right at our reservation time, so that was nice!
The CM who came to get us asked if we had ever eaten there before. When we said yes she wanted us to give ourselves the tour and name everything :confused: I was like I don't know the specific names haha. Anyway we were seated in the Main Ballroom again, I have never eaten anywhere else!
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

Bread to start!
IMG_1757.jpg

My Mom and I both got French Onion soup to start. YUM!!! I want some right now!
IMG_1759.jpg

My Dad got the Potato Leek soup
IMG_1760.jpg

Next up: continuing onto the main course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom