Characters from Big Hero 6 to appear for meet and greets at Walt Disney World this fall

Bparso87

I'd like to see a BH6 meet & greet, but Guardians even more so - photo with Thanos anyone?
I think universal would fight thanos being in the park because it is marvels biggest villain maybe next to galactus. I do to think they will fight big hero 6 r GOTG but thanos not sure

Ranch Dressing

Contrary to uninformed popular opinion, Universal has no rights to any character that is not already in IOA, so any character that has no presence in IOA is fair game for Disney to use in Florida as long as they are not called Marvel.

And since it is technically related, Universal can no longer build new Marvel attractions, they no longer have that right to. If they did, they could easily put up something quickly related to GOTG but they can't. The contract clearly states this and has been discussed in great legal detail elsewhere online by credentialed lawyers.

Believe what you will.

CJR

There are a couple reasons why I think Disney will be able to use Big Hero 6 in the parks.

First, this is not a Marvel production, but a Walt Disney Animation production. Much like Frozen was based on The Snow Queen, the characters aren't the same. It's more of an "inspired by" rather than a complete retelling. Like everything Disney animation, it will contain elements from the Marvel story, but it's Disney's own version.

Second, none of the Big Hero 6 characters have a presence at Universal Orlando. Although characters from other Marvel families may appear in the comics, the Big Hero 6 family of characters itself is untouched. That's beside the fact that Disney's characters aren't even going to be the same people.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why would it ever be in question? None of the BH6 characters are at Uni, and the team isn't even on the Impact statue.

I think some people were questioning it because the contract doesn't just give Uni the rights to characters they are currently using, but also any characters in the same "family", eg. the Avengers. Since Marvel loved to cross over their comics pretty much any Marvel character can be linked to on of the big families that Uni is using. The question is, do those links actually make them part of the family.

asianway

Contrary to uninformed popular opinion, Universal has no rights to any character that is not already in IOA, so any character that has no presence in IOA is fair game for Disney to use in Florida as long as they are not called Marvel.

And since it is technically related, Universal can no longer build new Marvel attractions, they no longer have that right to. If they did, they could easily put up something quickly related to GOTG but they can't. The contract clearly states this and has been discussed in great legal detail elsewhere online by credentialed lawyers.

Believe what you will.
You've just invalidated any word you post as having any merit at all

Animaniac93-98

Believe what you will.

I think this dressing has expired.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I heard a pretty crazy rumor today, so... grains of salt.
I had already assumed that Ulf the Mime was an inflatable character to serve as a sort of "prototype" for Beymax. My source says that this is true.

My source also said that Beymax will have small cameras in his eyes feeding into a pair of Google Glass type glasses worn by the performer...

There is some logic to this. Beymax will hopefully be super tall, and pure white. Any sort of patches for visibility would be glaring on the costume, and it HAS been done before for Bear in the Big Blue House, except the camera was pointed at the stage and the performer watched on a small monitor in the costume.

This does invite one major issue in the fact that Beymax (I assume) will be shoulder-mounted and incapable of moving his head. So how will the performer see ankle-biters over that big belly without being able to look down?
Like I said, big grains of salt...

YodaMan

Kinda related but also not really. The rumor was that these guys would replace Ralph and Vanellope and that Ralph and Vanellope would have their last day on the 3rd. But from what I can tell, something changed and Ralph and Vanellope are staying through October 18th at the very least. Any idea on what happened there? Did they delay the Big Hero 6 characters? Are they going somewhere else instead? Did Minnie actually leave her dressing room today?

Kitty17794

Darn, I was hoping the rumor that Oswald was replacing Ralph and Vanellope was true. Ah well. This has been their routine, to put the 'new' characters into that spot, so I'm not too terribly surprised. Though eventually, providing this movie does well, Hiro and Baymax could easily be themed into Tomorrowland for a more permanent location.

Launchpad McQuack

Glad to see Big Hero 6 coming to DHS, but hate to see Wreck It Ralph leave. Met him for the first time a few weeks ago, and he was a really fun M&G for us.

RAXIP

Wow! It's... a garage. That's... there are actual sci-fi looking labs in this film, right? Or, just put up a backdrop of San Fran-whatever-the-heck they're calling it. This is really underwhelming.
From the Disney Parks Blog:
Guests will be able to meet Hiro Hamada and his huggable buddy Baymax inside The Magic of Disney Animation attraction, where they can tour the lab at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and pay a visit to Hiro’s garage workshop.

So it sounds like the queue will be themed to the lab and the character photo location will be Hiro's garage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom