Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Photo update as of Friday, July 8. As posted earlier, the scaffolding has been removed and all exterior painting appears to be completed with the exception of one "Carousel of Progress" sign in one section. Each section of the lower level will have its own "Carousel of Progress" sign so that one sign is always visible as the theatre rotates.

View attachment 150091

View attachment 150092

View attachment 150093

View attachment 150094

View attachment 150097
Thanks for sharing! It is kinda cheerful

peter11435

Not when it lasts 45 minutes

yes. Everytime a guest exits during the attraction it stops the attraction and the guests are forced to watch the same scene over again because the system will not be reset to resume motion in time. When this happens it generally continues to happen because other guests start Ieaving because they don't want to watch the same scene twice. Thus the process continues. And guests are forced to watch multiple scenes multiple times

Mike S

This kind of idiocy is up on my list of theme park pet peeves. I kid you not, I get stuck on COP at least a few times a month because of STUPID Guests who get up and walk out during the show. Ridiculous. Thankfully the last time wasn't too terrible as we were quickly moving within about a minute.
I guess whenever I saw the show it was full of people that are much more courteous. This kind of stop has never happened to me.

FoodRockz

I guess whenever I saw the show it was full of people that are much more courteous. This kind of stop has never happened to me.
I've ridden COP what seems like a million times, and never had this happen once. I'd be very entertained with mouths moving w/o sound and the crowd having to fill in the blanks. Id call out for "...you didn't even have a car phone!"

brihow

I just hope this is the beginning of all a full Tomorrowland facelift. These new colors are great, but look wrong with the purple/teal/pastels of the 90's.

gmajew

Premium Member
I just hope this is the beginning of all a full Tomorrowland facelift. These new colors are great, but look wrong with the purple/teal/pastels of the 90's.

Guessing here but the addition of the orange at the people mover and now this I feel someone is slowly making improvements with small budgets at a time. Or that is my hope.

Inside was a disaster today. Theater stopped turning and we sat through each segment twice. First half of the show had no audio. Complete silence. It was creepy and hilarious to watch people's reactions. I love this attraction. And I agree the exterior is fantastic, but please oh please fix the interior. It was a joke today
Dang, I wish I could've been there when it happened (or at least seen a video of it). I love it when rides/attractions and animatronics break down at a Disney Park...
Oh well, I guess I can wait for 2 years until my next trip ;)

Goofyernmost

Finish the sign, new opening show with World's Fair footage with Now is the Time & updated last scene and we are in business!

I guess the move to Epcot can wait...
The problem with that is that "now is the time" was not the Worlds Fair Theme. It was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". Now is the time was used when CoP was moved from DL to WDW because of the insistence of GE. NITT was the first one that I heard too and although I like it better then GBBT, GBBT is a great song as well, and I can live with it. An updated final scene would just throw the balance off and it isn't necessary. If anything they should change it back to the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom