Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Sunday, April 10. Two sections of the exterior of the Carousel of Progress have scaffolding with construction scrims. The People Mover passes behind these construction scrims.

IMG_7660.JPG

IMG_7661.JPG

dstrawn9889

Low rent scrims in my opinion. I come to expect them to have an image of of CoP on them. I know this is a nit, but when you set expectations and you don't live up to them, it becomes to look like the people that run the Mall of America run DisneyParks.
they look like this unti lthey can print them for the attraction... have seen it just lately with CBJ... plain one day, then a printed scrim the next

Goofyernmost

Low rent scrims in my opinion. I come to expect them to have an image of of CoP on them. I know this is a nit, but when you set expectations and you don't live up to them, it becomes to look like the people that run the Mall of America run DisneyParks.
That type of complaint has come up everytime they put a scrim up. They we wait a few days and there it is. Patience is not a virtue that is in heavy supply around here. I'm not saying that this one will ever have the picture, but, if it's only going to be there for a few days, let's spend that money on more CM's or higher CM pay instead of the constant striving for visual perfection.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

All of those ECVs and wheelchairs make me sad.

I don't think that's the progress Uncle Walt had in mind. :\
Have I gone blind, I don't see any wheelchairs or ECV's in the pictures. If they were there I would call that progress. If it's the strollers then I think we have to realize that when Walt was around there was one (1) small park. WDW is a world with a lot of miles to travel, it is a family location and as such it requires those simple ways of keeping families able to stay in the parks and enjoy it longer. So that would mean progress as well.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Have I gone blind, I don't see any wheelchairs or ECV's in the pictures. If they were there I would call that progress. If it's the strollers then I think we have to realize that when Walt was around there was one (1) small park. WDW is a world with a lot of miles to travel, it is a family location and as such it requires those simple ways of keeping families able to stay in the parks and enjoy it longer. So that would mean progress as well.

Ha! You're right. Wrong wording. I'll correct.

Clamman73

Think they'll bother with printed scrims for this? These are already blue and blend in with what I would consider the dominant color of Tomorrowland. Also, they'll redo a section and then move to the next.

Goofyernmost

The first photo has plenty of strollers. And that's a light day. It's usually far worse.
I saw that, but, there is a world of difference between disability vehicles and strollers. But, even the strollers in a place like WDW is not a negative overall. It has become a necessity, that's the world we live in, we might as well go with the flow. It will save on growing ulcers. And it is what can only be defined as 21st century progress.

BernardandBianca

That type of complaint has come up everything they put a scrim up. They we wait a few days and there it is. Patience is not a virtue that is in heavy supply around here. I'm not saying that this one will ever have the picture, but, if it's only going to be there for a few days, let's spend that money on more CM's or higher CM pay instead of the constant striving for visual perfection.

If they can afford to buy back $8 Billion worth of stock, you'd think they could afford to do a proper scrim.

NearTheEars

I'd just love for the dad's audio to be consistent from scene to scene.
In one of them he sounds like he's talking through an old, scratchy radio.
I'd also support the final scene being restored to its original, then rewrite the opening script to make it clear we are about to see the progress of the US over 4 early decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom