Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

brb1006

What ever you do, do not tell people about the characters just a guy/girl in a costumes anywhere in Disney property. It's understandable at non amusement parks for example, but there's something about guests saying that in public especially with children around can ruin the magic. That's like telling young children about the existence of Santa Claus by an adult and teen perspective.

For a better example look up the Kayfabe effects it's a well-known term by wrestling fans.

brb1006

Getting cut off/feet run over by strollers. Stroller traffic jams as a whole are frustrating. Also lack of respect for attractions. I was on HM once when a group of high schoolers started flashing a laser pointer everywhere all along the ride. It got to the point where people were yelling at them during the attraction and it was not a pretty scene.
Did the High Schoolers stop?

GVentola

Haha not gonna lie, we use the resort monorail at the end of the night to get back to the parking lot, but looks like that "secret" if you will has gotten out, they have CM out there with Big signs encouraging guests to use both monorails at the end of the night, and yeah prob 95% of those people are not staying at the resorts.

Ha, I thought that was my little secret! I posted it on another Disney fan site/news site in the comments, and some current or former cast member chewed me out, saying, "You can't do that!" Heck, I don't see the big deal. Both monorails go to the Ticket & Transportation Center, after all.

GVentola

My biggest pet peeve has nothing to do with the parks. It actually has to do with the forums. Everyone around here seems to like to use acronyms for everything instead of spelling it out. Now, I'm a Disney veteran and I know Disney like the back of my hand, but still, the rhythm of the post is broken up and I have to sit there scratching my head when people just use the initials for something and don't type it out. I read a list of most common used acronyms in Walt Disney World, but I didn't memorize it, and am confused as ever.

21stamps

Ha, I thought that was my little secret! I posted it on another Disney fan site/news site in the comments, and some current or former cast member chewed me out, saying, "You can't do that!" Heck, I don't see the big deal. Both monorails go to the Ticket & Transportation Center, after all.
Because it's a perk of staying at one of those 3 resorts, and you think that at closing you will have a relatively comfortable crowd level on the monorail. During the day people can be going for restaurants etc, but at closing there's no reason for someone to go to those resorts. When I was little you had to show your key card to use them..obviously that's no more.

Like I said though, we learn quickly and utilize the launch. All but once it there was room to spread out. My son slept on it 3 different nights lol.

mouse_luv

My biggest pet peeve has nothing to do with the parks. It actually has to do with the forums. Everyone around here seems to like to use acronyms for everything instead of spelling it out. Now, I'm a Disney veteran and I know Disney like the back of my hand, but still, the rhythm of the post is broken up and I have to sit there scratching my head when people just use the initials for something and don't type it out. I read a list of most common used acronyms in Walt Disney World, but I didn't memorize it, and am confused as ever.
You'll learn them. It's a "Disney forum thing" and it's just what we do.

My suggestion for someone like you is to bookmark these two links and refer to them.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

Thanks. I didn't see what DW or DH means when someone uses it to refer to their spouse. Is it Dear Wife/Husband, or Disney Wife/Husband? Or something else?
It's Dear Wife/Husband and tends to get tagged on to just about every family member possible. Why we can't just say grandma is beyond me. Also, SO is significant other, and if you see DD or DS with a number after it, that's daughter/son and their age.

Brad Bishop

I've noticed as I've gotten older that motion rides really do a number on me. I can't even do Star Tours or Teacups anymore. I could always spin the teacups really fast but a few years ago they finally started getting the best of me. I'm only 34 but I guess I've done so many tours on the Teacups that I've finally just messed up my equilibrium for good. LOL!

Yep.. Eventually you have to check out.. I love roller coasters. There are some wooden coasters that take me out, now (so I no longer ride them).. Some are still OK.. I think that by the time I hit 50 (46, now) that roller coasters will be in my past.

Even Space Mountain can do a number on me if I ride in the wrong seat.

Stupid aging..

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Yep.. Eventually you have to check out.. I love roller coasters. There are some wooden coasters that take me out, now (so I no longer ride them).. Some are still OK.. I think that by the time I hit 50 (46, now) that roller coasters will be in my past.

Stupid aging..
I know man. It's a case of my spirit being willing but my flesh being weak. Do you ever try that dizziness medicine and see if that might help? I've thought about it but still been afraid it might not work and then I'd be miserable.

mouse_luv

Thanks. I didn't see what DW or DH means when someone uses it to refer to their spouse. Is it Dear Wife/Husband, or Disney Wife/Husband? Or something else?
DW=Dear Wife DH-Dear Husband DD-Dear Daughter DS-Dear Son.
DBF-Dear Boyfriend DGF-Dear Girlfriend and so on..

21stamps

Stupid aging..
I refuse to accept that!!! I just turned 39 and my son is 6. I've promised him we will hit as many theme parks/rollercoasters as possible as he grows taller. Isn't there some kind of pill for that ;).

rob0519

We've had over two dozen trips in 20 years, mostly staying at monorail resorts. That little "secret" has not been a secret in all those years. If you take the resort line to the TTC there are only a small percentage of those that got on at MK going to the Polynesian or GF. I personally think the resort monorail should not stop at the TTC, which would make it a true resort line.

Having said that, it would take another two hours to empty the park if only monorail guests used that line.

21stamps

We've had over two dozen trips in 20 years, mostly staying at monorail resorts. That little "secret" has not been a secret in all those years. If you take the resort line to the TTC there are only a small percentage of those that got on at MK going to the Polynesian or GF. I personally think the resort monorail should not stop at the TTC, which would make it a true resort line.

Having said that, it would take another two hours to empty the park if only monorail guests used that line.
...or just not stop at the TTC after a certain time. The people at the contemporary need the stop to transfer to Epcot. No reason for it after 10pm though.

I don't know much about the ferry..but do they run more than one at a time?

Last edited:

rob0519

A couple of weeks ago, I went to afternoon tea at the GF. This is an experience that I always look forward to and always enjoy. It's very calm and serene, especially when the pianist comes out to play in the lobby. We were seated and placed our order. I saw this family of five go up to the podium, not a big deal, but one was a colicky newborn and two young girls who didn't understand the concept of the "indoor voice." There were loads of tables available, but no, the hostess sat them next to us.

This is when the fun began. The newborn wailed throughout the whole tea, but nobody took the baby out to soothe her/him. The baby was also farting a lot. Then the two girls would belch and laugh. Nobody told them off. It was like the parents thought, "We're on vacation, screw it." So, the manager came out, did a circuit around the room and gave the father the stink eye, but never said anything to them. Throughout the whole tea, this baby wailed, I mean, wailed. It was ridiculous. In retrospect, I wish I'd complained.

When did managers start kowtowing to impolite patrons?

In case you haven't noticed Disney managers and staff in general will "kowtow" to any guest unless the exhibited behavior is affecting the safety of another guest or case member. They do not want to offend the paying pubic in anyway, so they are actually kowtowing to the almighty dollar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom