Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

ninjaprincesst

I'm guessing you have a huge problem with "expectant mother parking spots" as well. Giving up a seat for someone who is obviously more uncomfortable than you, or a small child who obviously doesn't have the same stamina as someone older, has nothing to do with being entitled or privileged. It's been basic manners for years and years. It is rude and obnoxious for an older child or adult to remain in their seat and let a pregnant woman stand. I think it's also rude for a teenage boy to be sitting while a woman stands. Somewhere along the way manners stopped being taught. Please and thank you are not the only things to teach or follow.

Anyway, I'm not going to debate about it. Just makes me sad.
No problem at all with that., nor do I have a problem with the expectant mom who has been waiting in line but just can't find a seat, I will get up and giver her mine no problem. My problem is when they rush up at the last second and expect people to give up their seat when they have not waited at all, just because your pregnant does not mean your entitled, and in the example I gave if he had asked nicely I would have had much less of an issue than the demands, it's the entitlement I have the issue with. You chose to come to Disney pregnant so that means you have to wait just like everyone else.

betty rose

Am I the only one that notices this? My biggest Disney pet peeve is that they do not paint the air vents on the ceiling to match attractions. They spend millions of dollars on rides and theming to make everything perfect, and then on the black ceiling that should look like a night sky, they have a white vent. (E.g. Piarates of the Caribbean) What gives?
Lazy.

Dizney Crew

Biggest pet peeves for me, people cramming themselves into the Monorails while leaving MK, especially after the fireworks, if the car is full don't think cause you see room that you can cram 6 more people in there, wait your turn and take the next train!! Also the parades and castle shows, I can't stand people who show up last minute and want to make there way to the front after you have sat there for 30+ min waiting on a good spot, you show up late stand in the back!!

21stamps

No problem at all with that., nor do I have a problem with the expectant mom who has been waiting in line but just can't find a seat, I will get up and giver her mine no problem. My problem is when they rush up at the last second and expect people to give up their seat when they have not waited at all, just because your pregnant does not mean your entitled, and in the example I gave if he had asked nicely I would have had much less of an issue than the demands, it's the entitlement I have the issue with. You chose to come to Disney pregnant so that means you have to wait just like everyone else.
Unless things have changed since 2015, I don't think that anyone know when a bus, boat, or monorail is arriving/leaving the parks. So technically no one can be late or arriving at the last minute.
Still irrelevant, but just wanted to point that out.
Biggest pet peeves for me, people cramming themselves into the Monorails while leaving MK, especially after the fireworks, if the car is full don't think cause you see room that you can cram 6 more people in there, wait your turn and take the next train!! Also the parades and castle shows, I can't stand people who show up last minute and want to make there way to the front after you have sat there for 30+ min waiting on a good spot, you show up late stand in the back!!
Ah I forgot that one!!! Using the resort monorail at the end of the night, because the other one is more crowded..now making the resort one just as crowded. Drives me nuts.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
When people have to be obnoxiously loud in the lines. I dont care about your conversations, I dont care about 20 of you chanting something that isnt in English..if you cant act like normal people, get out of the line and let us enjoy our boredom (cause you know, people hate it when we look at our phones while trying to kill time).

Dizney Crew

Unless things have changed since 2015, I don't think that anyone know when a bus, boat, or monorail is arriving/leaving the parks. So technically no one can be late or arriving at the last minute.

Ah I forgot that one!!! Using the resort monorail at the end of the night, because the other one is more crowded..now making the resort one just as crowded. Drives me nuts. When MK closes after 10 the resort monorail should be for monorail resort guests only.

Haha not gonna lie, we use the resort monorail at the end of the night to get back to the parking lot, but looks like that "secret" if you will has gotten out, they have CM out there with Big signs encouraging guests to use both monorails at the end of the night, and yeah prob 95% of those people are not staying at the resorts.

21stamps

Haha not gonna lie, we use the resort monorail at the end of the night to get back to the parking lot, but looks like that "secret" if you will has gotten out, they have CM out there with Big signs encouraging guests to use both monorails at the end of the night, and yeah prob 95% of those people are not staying at the resorts.
I actually rarely use the monorail for MK, maybe once or twice per trip, but when I do it seems to be crowded lol.. I've never seen those signs, but it makes sense why the overcrowding then. I prefer the smaller boats. One night, around 12am, on my last trip the monorail lines were so crazy that people (2 large groups in line in front of us who were talking about it) were taking the GF/Poly launch to Poly and walking to the TTC. Was the only night that the launch was uncomfortably crowded. I don't know which is better, to wait or to walk. I'd be curious to know if they thought their decision was the correct one.

ninjaprincesst

• Scooter families of 6 or more taking over the bus. Why the entire family gets to jump line bothers me.
  • Families with small children who do not put their kids on their laps to free up seats when the bus is crowded.
  • People filming during an attraction that block your view.
  • People who do not clean up after themselves.
Six people (including scooter person) is supposed to be the limit everyone else is supposed to be in the regular line., but agreed it happens all the time.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

Ah I forgot that one!!! Using the resort monorail at the end of the night, because the other one is more crowded..now making the resort one just as crowded. Drives me nuts.
Yes but you know what I mean you walk up see a full bus, decide to board anyway and expect those that did wait and sometimes waited for 2 buses just to get a seat and you get on anyway and expect them to gave up that long waited for seat when you chose to board an lready full bus is just entitled and rude, and pregnancy is no excuse, they could wait for the next bus where she will get a seatand barking orders to someone to give your wife a seat ? Hello your wife's condition is not my daughters fault, she waited for two buses how dare you demand her seat because your wife chose to come to Disney pregnant? That is rude in my book.

ninjaprincesst

On the same kind of not I also hate it when people with strollers see space and a ramp at the handicapped car so they think that is an invitation to use the ramp and handicapped car for their suv sized stroller and then block the poor person in the wheel chair or scooter in where they can't get off at their stop due to the giant stroller, and then they get all put out when a cast member asks them to temporarily exit so the wheelchair can exit. It happens to us almost every time my Dad gets on the monorail.

ninjaprincesst

My other pet peeve is character hogs who have to take a picture of every conceivable combination of people in their group with the character instead of just taking two or three shots of the group and moving on. Sometimes I admit though. I do find it entertaining to watch and see just how many picture combos they can come up with.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I actually rarely use the monorail for MK, maybe once or twice per trip, but when I do it seems to be crowded lol.. I've never seen those signs, but it makes sense why the overcrowding then. I prefer the smaller boats. One night, around 12am, on my last trip the monorail lines were so crazy that people (2 large groups in line in front of us who were talking about it) were taking the GF/Poly launch to Poly and walking to the TTC. Was the only night that the launch was uncomfortably crowded. I don't know which is better, to wait or to walk. I'd be curious to know if they thought their decision was the correct one.
I always walk back to BLT. If they had a sidewalk to VGF I would walk to it too. It only takes a little over 9 minutes to get back to BLT from the front gate of the MK and regardless of if it actually is "quicker" or not I sorta feel like I'm a little more in "control of my own destiny" because the monorail often seems to get held up at night and things like that. I figure the odds are greater of a monorail getting stopped than my legs breaking down. That is until I get behind the aforementioned crowds of people with no self awareness who take up the whole sidewalk. LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My other pet peeve is character hogs who have to take a picture of every conceivable combination of people in their group with the character instead of just taking two or three shots of the group and moving on. Sometimes I admit though. I do find it entertaining to watch and see just how many picture combos they can come up with.
Autographs are what often gets my goat when it comes to characters. I think a lot of times during events they just flat out don't let them sign stuff.

21stamps

I always walk back to BLT. If they had a sidewalk to VGF I would walk to it too. It only takes a little over 9 minutes to get back to BLT from the front gate of the MK and regardless of if it actually is "quicker" or not I sorta feel like I'm a little more in "control of my own destiny" because the monorail often seems to get held up at night and things like that. I figure the odds are greater of a monorail getting stopped than my legs breaking down. That is until I get behind the aforementioned crowds of people with no self awareness who take up the whole sidewalk. LOL!
Ha ha! We will be at the contemporary this winter. I'm excited that we will be able to walk back!! Hopefully I don't get stuck behind those people though ;)

brb1006

Parents that promise their small/young children things like, "we/you are going to Meet Cinderella", Then when the child never meets Cinderella at all, the child is in the park, crying, and yelling at mom/dad, "but you promised". Better not to make promises. That way, the kids will be surprised at everything that comes along, and no tears/tantrums.
This might be one of the key reasons why tantrums are common at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom