Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

Disney4family

1. Stopping in the middle of a walkway.
  2. Flash photography in dark rides.
  3. People who don't follow cast members' instructions.
  4. People who don't clean up after themselves.
  5. Line jumpers.
  6. People who push in front of others for parades and fireworks.
  7. People who record entire shows and block your view in the process.
My daughter just said "Like - to infinity and beyond" (especially the flash photography).
We would like to add -
8. People who talk throughout an entire attraction. Why wait for an attraction, get on and then sit and talk without viewing and enjoying the attraction? All they do is ruin it for the rest of us who waited. :banghead:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's true, most never drive out of state, and those that do are generally snowbirds with FL plates on their cars.

For awhile we started thinking that Rhode Island was just mythical or maybe it was just ghosts that lived there. Then we met some Rhode Islanders at the Biergarten, they seemed real enough. ;):)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In addition to people stopping or standing in the middle of a walkway, how about the families who walk three to five abreast. They are like a dam on a river, you can't get by them.

Yes this is annoying too, and then when you don't get out of their way so they can stay in their formation and they look offended... Ugh!

JIMINYCR

Biggest peeve is parents losing their temper with their kids. Disney should be a place of smiles and fun memories. When parents keep their kids up longer than they should, dont get them fed at reasonable times, expect them to stand in lines with nothing to occupy them, force them to endure attractions they are not ready to do. If parents want to enjoy an adult vacation ... leave the kids home. If they want to enjoy a family vacation, do what you have to do to accommodate your kids needs and comfort. Yelling, screaming, wailing on your kids in the middle of Main Street and expecting them and you to have a pleasant day just isnt going to happen.

clemmo

Getting cut off/feet run over by strollers. Stroller traffic jams as a whole are frustrating. Also lack of respect for attractions. I was on HM once when a group of high schoolers started flashing a laser pointer everywhere all along the ride. It got to the point where people were yelling at them during the attraction and it was not a pretty scene.

mf1972

1. Stopping in the middle of a walkway.
  2. Flash photography in dark rides.
  3. People who don't follow cast members' instructions.
  4. People who don't clean up after themselves.
  5. Line jumpers.
  6. People who push in front of others for parades and fireworks.
  7. People who record entire shows and block your view in the process.
totally agree on #6. while waiting for the MSEP one night, had a guy sitting behind me literally pushing me with his feet to get more legroom. when I told him to cut it out, I get "no habla ingles" (prob spelled that wrong).
I was about to go off, but a family member next to me spoke to him in Spanish & told him "I see what you're doing. cut it out before I call a cast member over."
the guy left with his family, & guess what? I heard him speaking English. I thanked the family a few times. even went out of my way to buy them some popcorn & soda from a nearby cart.

21stamps

Biggest peeve is parents losing their temper with their kids. Disney should be a place of smiles and fun memories. When parents keep their kids up longer than they should, dont get them fed at reasonable times, expect them to stand in lines with nothing to occupy them, force them to endure attractions they are not ready to do. If parents want to enjoy an adult vacation ... leave the kids home. If they want to enjoy a family vacation, do what you have to do to accommodate your kids needs and comfort. Yelling, screaming, wailing on your kids in the middle of Main Street and expecting them and you to have a pleasant day just isnt going to happen.
It's tough. My son had a melt down in our room one day. I then went in the restroom and had my own meltdown. I don't ever agree with yelling/screaming/wailing, and I rarely ever raise my voice..but at WDW he did get yelled at a few times, in private. Mostly my fault for scheduling too much dining. It felt like our reservations dictated our days, and we were constantly running from one place to another. I have scaled back this time. I think some people may think they "know" WDW, but then the first time they bring their children they realize how stressful it can be, and all of the planning was only good in theory. I know that I learned quite a few lessons that trip.

ninjaprincesst

My pet peeve is the people who get on the buses at the last second but think they are entitled to your seat that you have been in line waiting on for half an hour just because they are pregnant or have small kids. I waited for this seat you can wait. It's not my fault they chose to come to Disney while pregnant , or with babies, it Is also not my fault they jumped on an obviously full bus at the last second. You can stand or wait for the next bus just like I did. (The exception being elderly, they have no control on their age and more than likely were drug on the bus at the last second by their families).

21stamps

My pet peeve is the people who get on the buses at the last second but think they are entitled to your seat that you have been in line waiting on for half an hour just because they are pregnant or have small kids. I waited for this seat you can wait. It's not my fault they chose to come to Disney while pregnant , or with babies, it Is also not my fault they jumped on an obviously full bus at the last second. You can stand or wait for the next bus just like I did. (The exception being elderly, they have no control on their age and more than likely were drug on the bus at the last second by their families).
If I'm on a bus and see a pregnant woman, or with a baby, or a small child standing, I would give them my seat no matter how tired I am. I was shocked at WDW that so many people do sit and will let someone else stand- who obviously should be sitting. Basic etiquette!!

My biggest pet peeve is rude people. Included in that is my ultimate pet peeve of people stopping when in a walking line of traffic..even worse when the entire family stops and huddles. Grr it drives me nuts!!! That applies anywhere, not just WDW! Just walk to the side people!

ninjaprincesst

If I'm on a bus and see a pregnant woman, or with a baby, or a small child standing, I would give them my seat no matter how tired I am. I was shocked at WDW that so many people do sit and will let someone else stand- who obviously should be sitting. Basic etiquette!!

My biggest pet peeve is rude people. Included in that is my ultimate pet peeve of people stopping when in a walking line of traffic..even worse when the entire family stops and huddles. Grr it drives me nuts!!! That applies anywhere, not just WDW! Just walk to the side people!
No it's not being polite. How is it that they get on an obviously full bus that many people have been waiting for two or three buses to get a seat and you are supposed to give your waited on seat to these rude, entitled last minute charlies, because they are pregnant, no you can help being pregnant or having small children. being polite is giving a seat to elderly who can't help being elderly. They can help being pregnant and getting on at the last second and demanding a seat is rude. Last year my teenage daughter and I waited for two buses so we could get a seat literally as we are about to leave man and his barely pregnant wife jump on, he looks at my daughter does not ask he demands she stand so his wife can sit down. I was livid, of course my daughter did it because she respects those older than her, but I was so mad, she waited over 30 minutes for a seat he gets on at the last second and demands her seat, that is just rude.

21stamps

No it's not being polite. How is it that they get on an obviously full bus that many people have been waiting for two or three buses to get a seat and you are supposed to give your waited on seat to these rude, entitled last minute charlies, because they are pregnant, no you can help being pregnant or having small children. being polite is giving a seat to elderly who can't help being elderly. They can help being pregnant and getting on at the last second and demanding a seat is rude. Last year my teenage daughter and I waited for two buses so we could get a seat literally as we are about to leave man and his barely pregnant wife jump on, he looks at my daughter does not ask he demands she stand so his wife can sit down. I was livid, of course my daughter did it because she respects those older than her, but I was so mad, she waited over 30 minutes for a seat he gets on at the last second and demands her seat, that is just rude.
I'll agree to disagree with that. I think being "polite" means giving a seat to those pregnant, or with with small children, Not just elderly.

Different strokes.

21stamps

My elementary school had a semester of "etiquette class" in 8th grade. My high school had one junior year as well.

We were taught how to write invitations, rsvp's, thank you cards, white tie, black tie, what side the man should stand on when walking, holding doors open, how you sit in a car or at a table, etc etc.

Wouldn't it be nice if those classes also taught basic things like - "Don't stop while walking in a stream of foot traffic". "Don't huddle around an entrance to a store blocking the doors" "Don't hold your phone up in front of someone else's line of viewing to record something that all of you are watching" You would think all of this would be common sense and not needed to be taught.. Apparently that's not the case :(

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

And thus why it's a pet peeve of mine, why just because you got yourself pregnant or have small kids you are all the sudden entitled and privileged.

21stamps

And thus why it's a pet peeve of mine, why just because you got yourself pregnant or have small kids you are all the sudden entitled and privileged.
I'm guessing you have a huge problem with "expectant mother parking spots" as well. Giving up a seat for someone who is obviously more uncomfortable than you, or a small child who obviously doesn't have the same stamina as someone older, has nothing to do with being entitled or privileged. It's been basic manners for years and years. It is rude and obnoxious for an older child or adult to remain in their seat and let a pregnant woman stand. I think it's also rude for a teenage boy to be sitting while a woman stands. Somewhere along the way manners stopped being taught. Please and thank you are not the only things to teach or follow.

Anyway, I'm not going to debate about it. Just makes me sad.

Ricky Spanish

In addition to people stopping or standing in the middle of a walkway, how about the families who walk three to five abreast. They are like a dam on a river, you can't get by them.
I once was a nice guy(moved out of the way for people)
Not lately.
When a group/family walks 5+ plus wide, I just stop.
I let them walk around me.
Sometimes, they aren't even looking where they are walking and bump into me.
They always lose THAT battle( I'm kinda big and solid)

My mother taught me manners, but sometimes they get tossed out the window.
Society is going in that direction, sadly.

Same goes with parents and their triple wide strollers.
I just stop, smile, and wait.
I go to Disney for two weeks at a time and have ALL the time in the "WORLD".

mf1972

I once was a nice guy(moved out of the way for people)
Not lately.
When a group/family walks 5+ plus wide, I just stop.
I let them walk around me.
Sometimes, they aren't even looking where they are walking and bump into me.
They always lose THAT battle( I'm kinda big and solid)

My mother taught me manners, but sometimes they get tossed out the window.
Society is going in that direction, sadly.

Same goes with parents and their triple wide strollers.
I just stop, smile, and wait.
I go to Disney for two weeks at a time and have ALL the time in the "WORLD".
like your avatar. Roger is a total nut job. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom