Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

RobertDisney

Original Poster
Am I the only one that notices this? My biggest Disney pet peeve is that they do not paint the air vents on the ceiling to match attractions. They spend millions of dollars on rides and theming to make everything perfect, and then on the black ceiling that should look like a night sky, they have a white vent. (E.g. Piarates of the Caribbean) What gives?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My biggest pet peeve is probably people who get to the bus stop as soon as the bus is getting there but jump right on and sit down ahead of the people who have been waiting in the hot sun for 20 minutes. That's a complete scumbag thing to do. After that I'd say it's probably people who really never go to Disneyworld but act like they are experts on it and just tell everyone how horrible it is and how it's "too expensive". If you know what you're doing it's really quite manageable.

BAChicagoGal

Parents that promise their small/young children things like, "we/you are going to Meet Cinderella", Then when the child never meets Cinderella at all, the child is in the park, crying, and yelling at mom/dad, "but you promised". Better not to make promises. That way, the kids will be surprised at everything that comes along, and no tears/tantrums.

Goofyernmost

Mine is like the last one except it's about attractions. I overheard a loud mouth guy asking a newbie couple where they were heading. More or less they looked lost, I guess. When they said Mission: Space the guy amp-ed up and went on and on about how sick he and is partner were after the road it and the the green side was no better. He told them about being sick the whole rest of the day and over and over again begged them not to go on the ride as it will be a big mistake.

I wanted to find a big stick and beat the guy senseless. He may very well have had a bad reaction, but, to determine that someone else will is just mean. If they do, they do, but, the vast majority of people ride them with no adverse reactions at all. He managed to scare them away from it. I tried to catch up with them to ease their minds a little, but, they got in a crowd and I lost track of them. Why do people feel the need to discourage folks from trying new things simply because they had a bad experience?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Mine is like the last one except it's about attractions. I overheard a loud mouth guy asking a newbie couple where they were heading. More or less they looked lost, I guess. When they said Mission: Space the guy amp-ed up and went on and on about how sick he and is partner were after the road it and the the green side was no better. He told them about being sick the whole rest of the day and over and over again begged them not to go on the ride as it will be a big mistake.

I wanted to find a big stick and beat the guy senseless. He may very well have had a bad reaction, but, to determine that someone else will is just mean. If they do, they do, but, the vast majority of people ride them with no adverse reactions at all. He managed to scare them away from it. I tried to catch up with them to ease their minds a little, but, they got in a crowd and I lost track of them. Why do people feel the need to discourage folks from trying new things simply because they had a bad experience?
I've noticed as I've gotten older that motion rides really do a number on me. I can't even do Star Tours or Teacups anymore. I could always spin the teacups really fast but a few years ago they finally started getting the best of me. I'm only 34 but I guess I've done so many tours on the Teacups that I've finally just messed up my equilibrium for good. LOL!

Goofyernmost

I've noticed as I've gotten older that motion rides really do a number on me. I can't even do Star Tours or Teacups anymore. I could always spin the teacups really fast but a few years ago they finally started getting the best of me. I'm only 34 but I guess I've done so many tours on the Teacups that I've finally just messed up my equilibrium for good. LOL!
I couldn't handle tea cups when I was 35, so I don't do that one, but, I see hundreds of people on them and they get off of it and are smiling and fine. I wouldn't dream of telling others not to ride it because it bothers me. I am now 68 and I can do MS with absolutely no bad results, just a smile because I enjoyed it. I think sometimes we all tend to talk ourselves into problems that really do not exist.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I couldn't handle tea cups when I was 35, so I don't do that one, but, I see hundreds of people on them and they get off of it and are smiling and fine. I wouldn't dream of telling others not to ride it because it bothers me. I am now 68 and I can do MS with absolutely no bad results, just a smile because I enjoyed it. I think sometimes we all tend to talk ourselves into problems that really do not exist.
The Teacups really just have a "reputation" too ya know? It's almost like that ride is the poster child for all rides, in any park, that can make you sick. I can honestly say I've never seen people puking their guts out after riding it. It just gives me this feeling of really bad dizziness that lingers much longer than I would like. I love the Teacups and really miss riding them though. The same goes for Mission Space. I also wouldn't discourage people to ride either of them.

Goofyernmost

The Teacups really just have a "reputation" too ya know? It's almost like that ride is the poster child for all rides, in any park, that can make you sick. I can honestly say I've never seen people puking their guts out after riding it. It just gives me this feeling of really bad dizziness that lingers much longer than I would like. I love the Teacups and really miss riding them though. The same goes for Mission Space. I also wouldn't discourage people to ride either of them.
That was my point in the talking ourselves into something. The power of suggestion is very, very influential in how we react to things. And why I also would never, ever try and convince someone that I don't even know not to do something. If I know that they have an inner ear problem of something like that, well, a warning wouldn't hurt, but to flat out scare a person out of enjoying something because we personally didn't like it or how it made us feel, is just wrong. Just think about how much different this discussion would be if someone had made it so you never could have experienced one of your favorite rides and so you never did. Things change over time, but, you would have been denied enjoying it for years.

Sans Souci

A couple of weeks ago, I went to afternoon tea at the GF. This is an experience that I always look forward to and always enjoy. It's very calm and serene, especially when the pianist comes out to play in the lobby. We were seated and placed our order. I saw this family of five go up to the podium, not a big deal, but one was a colicky newborn and two young girls who didn't understand the concept of the "indoor voice." There were loads of tables available, but no, the hostess sat them next to us.

This is when the fun began. The newborn wailed throughout the whole tea, but nobody took the baby out to soothe her/him. The baby was also farting a lot. Then the two girls would belch and laugh. Nobody told them off. It was like the parents thought, "We're on vacation, screw it." So, the manager came out, did a circuit around the room and gave the father the stink eye, but never said anything to them. Throughout the whole tea, this baby wailed, I mean, wailed. It was ridiculous. In retrospect, I wish I'd complained.

When did managers start kowtowing to impolite patrons?

matt9112

My runner up pet peeve is this. Comparing WDW and the Disneyland Resort. Or comparing Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Especially when you are there. I want to scream when I am in one of those parks, and I hear a guest say, but our "Pirates" is better. Or, our castle is......You get the point.

yeah i feel like they should not visit if everything is inferior at WDW ect. the bus pet peev was also spot on. i guess general manners or lack there of is my biggest pet peev. we are here now and luckily i have not seen anything over the top but the groups of people standing in the middle of walkways is obviously still rampant.

LeighM

I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone stops in the middle of the walkway for a conversation or to look at a map. It annoys me anywhere but it's made worse at Disney because of the sheer amount of people. Really, it's not that hard to move off to the side. Don't block the entire path because you want to discuss where to eat for lunch...that happened to me while I was there :)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think my biggest pet peeve anywhere is when someone stops in the middle of the walkway for a conversation or to look at a map. It annoys me anywhere but it's made worse at Disney because of the sheer amount of people. Really, it's not that hard to move off to the side. Don't block the entire path because you want to discuss where to eat for lunch...that happened to me while I was there :)

I hate this too, and I compare the stopping in the middle of the walkway to driving a car. Someone wouldn't stop their car in the middle of the roadway. Nope, they would check their mirrors, slow down a little and pull over to the side, so people walking should look around and pull off to the side too.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Clearly you've never driven in Rhode Island.

No I have not.:) In fact it was a running joke between my husband and I that Rhode Islanders never drove their car out of their state because for years we would have a competition in the summer to see if we could see all 50 state's license plates and it was always that state we were missing. We finally saw and RI plate two years ago in WDW!

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
My runner up pet peeve is this. Comparing WDW and the Disneyland Resort. Or comparing Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Especially when you are there. I want to scream when I am in one of those parks, and I hear a guest say, but our "Pirates" is better. Or, our castle is......You get the point.

To piggy back on this, yes that bugs me too (at least while in the parks) but the use of "our" and "their" to describe/compare attractions at the various parks is a peeve of mine.

Oh, and calling Disney World, "the World" or even worse Disneyland, "the Land" when did that become a thing? Why did it become a thing?

Last edited:

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
  1. Stopping in the middle of a walkway.
  2. Flash photography in dark rides.
  3. People who don't follow cast members' instructions.
  4. People who don't clean up after themselves.
  5. Line jumpers.
  6. People who push in front of others for parades and fireworks.
  7. People who record entire shows and block your view in the process.

#7 I'm happy the use of full sized tablets to record shows is going down. At least from what I observed. That is ridiculous!

Nemo14

No I have not.:) In fact it was a running joke between my husband and I that Rhode Islanders never drove their car out of their state because for years we would have a competition in the summer to see if we could see all 50 state's license plates and it was always that state we were missing. We finally saw and RI plate two years ago in WDW!
It's true, most never drive out of state, and those that do are generally snowbirds with FL plates on their cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom