Cesar R M

Umm i encourage you to read my other comments. I have said it looks amazing. However, when it comes to critiques anyone who is closely related will always give positive. And while DIS is one, you need multiple evaluations to make a conclusion.
speaking of which, Disney did upload a big row of "mommy bloggers" videos this month :|

Cesar R M

Full ride through videos of river journey went up today around noon but were taken down about an hour later. The "highlights" videos show you pretty much everything anyway. Recording is not being permitted on flight of passage.

And yes, it does look like WDI is doing Potter-caliber work here. I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to see it myself, which will be next March? Maybe? Ugh.
Now, I wish they could put a Lot of warnings about flash photography.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Yes. But these groups rarely will say anything negative. So it's counterintuitive.

Wow, the ad hominem of the haters is starting pretty early.

FYI, two of the bloggers are from The DIS who have no problem panning a bad ride, restaurant, or show. So, now, explain to me how their opinion is tainted.

Well, looks like Disney very successfully controlled the message today with their handpicked bloggers

You mean like with the folks from The Dis who routinely post typical videos like "The 5 Worst Disney Rides"?

It appears that there were 4 sites given this extremely early access to Pandora.

You can be sure that their response will be overwhelming positive. Anything less will result in that privilege being taken away next time.

This is how large companies control the message and manipulate third parties, such as bloggers.

Believe it or not, this is how it works.

I'm not saying their reports are wrong, but we will get a much more accurate assessment when this land is available to those who are not there under special conditions.

wdrive

Not sure why people watch spoiler vids...in my eyes you're effectively ruining your own first experience when you do get to ride it

I honestly most likely won't ride it for years.

I got to ride Frozen at Epcot a few days after it opened and I didn't watch any videos of that before I rode, but if I've got a lengthy wait, probably anything over a month, I am certainly going to watch videos first.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure why people watch spoiler vids...in my eyes you're effectively ruining your own first experience when you do get to ride it

The reason I watch them is that I am a big WDW fan and enjoy discussing new things with other fans. Since I will not be there for least another year or more I would miss out on a lot of the conversation if I waited until then.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's a minor thing but I also like the way you stow your stuff, much easier then the way Soarin does it.

For me...huge. Many days pre-lunch I have a camera backpack with an SLR, three lenses, small video camera, 4 frozen (perfect by lunchtime) PB&Js, carrots, box of cheez its, 4 bottles of water, and the 20 pins the kids have picked out for trading. In DAK you can throw in two Wilderness Explorer books. I'm exactly 6' with long legs. I have managed to get the backpack in at my feet on Space Mountain, Mine Train, etc......back in the day, I've actually left the backpack (add in baby gear) in a stroller and told the wife it will be fine (it always was) because, in truth, I no longer gave a crap if it was stolen. Speaking of Soarin', you'd be amazed at what I've fit in that underseat area. Essentially the equivalent of a small carry on bag. Hauling it out can take a while. I really am kind of excited by that gear storage concept.

DisneyYorkian74

Not sure if this has been mentioned or asked previously?

Do the ride vehicles/chairs in Flight of Passage actually move (in physical space) before/throughout the ride?

Or are they stationary in a fixed position with all of the 'movement' being simulated?

sedati

On ITM's twitter you can see photos of snail-like creatures in the water. Earlier we had seen bat-like creatures hanging below the rock work (not exactly sure where though.) Hopefully some of them move/animate. That's at least two animals out in the valley. The soundscape is said to be effective in giving a sense of the wildlife all around, but I'm still hoping for something large and physical. If not a fixed animatronic, perhaps something like Lucky the Dinosaur- a beast that is paraded through. Could be part of a relocation project, returning an injured animal or one nearly wiped out back into the wild.
Other than that- love what I see. Great depth of design and storytelling- everything I wanted from a James Cameron/Joe Rhode meeting of the minds.

disney4life2008

It appears that there were 4 sites given this extremely early access to Pandora.

You can be sure that their response will be overwhelming positive. Anything less will result in that privilege being taken away next time.

This is how large companies control the message and manipulate third parties, such as bloggers.

Believe it or not, this is how it works.

I'm not saying their reports are wrong, but we will get a much more accurate assessment when this land is available to those who are not there under special conditions.

Exactly. This is what i said and i got jumped on. It was clear that everything was positive and I did not realize Disney was monitoring everything.

disney4life2008

That's ok. I got jumped on too. You have to play the game to win the prize

Well said. I have sense to not fall for everything. The river ride looks great, amazing actually. However, it is not worth more than a 20 minute wait. The entire land is beautiful but i stand by my initial thoughts, looking at plants that light up is not spectacular. Alas, i am waiting for the real opinions.

dolphinforces

Well said. I have sense to not fall for everything. The river ride looks great, amazing actually. However, it is not worth more than a 20 minute wait. The entire land is beautiful but i stand by my initial thoughts, looking at plants that light up is not spectacular. Alas, i am waiting for the real opinions.

I think it looks amazing! It's going to be a wonderful addition to a wonderful park. It's entirely possible that all of the positivity is well deserved, but lets just be clear that these blogs were hand picked because they aren't much of a risk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom